• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Canadian Gaming Deals and Discussion Thread 7: More Shipping Talk than Anime & TV GAF

Status
Not open for further replies.

btkadams

So what are the issues with changing your address on existing Amazon orders? I have heard of people having problems.
It's supposed to be easy but I get an error every time. I end up having to speak with customer service for every address change on existing orders. It's total BS.

It's supposed to be easy but I get an error every time. I end up having to speak with customer service for every address change on existing orders. It's total BS.

I will probably just cancel a bunch and reorder since I am on Prime but the 30% off games and the few that went up at $49.99 are definitely ones I want to keep. I guess I will give it a shot over the weekend and bug a rep if it doesn't work.

Just realized this comes out on the 11th and stores are closed here for Remembrance Day. So will it be Saturday?

Stores don't close for Remembrance Day in Ontario yet government peeps are off. This is going to be a wacky release in Canada as it's a different situation from province to province.

leeman

Stores don't close for Remembrance Day in Ontario yet government peeps are off. This is going to be a wacky release in Canada as it's a different situation from province to province.

Should still be available online (Amazon / EB / BestBuy). I'm not planning on leaving the house...

They gonna be in line too then...

Yeah, I'm thinking about that. I already took off the Thursday because i want to play around with my PS4 Pro but I may end up going to a Walmart at open to see if I can grab one.

Is Amazon going to be selling these? Wouldn't they want to have them up a day or two before for release day delivery?

Yeah, I'm thinking about that. I already took off the Thursday because i want to play around with my PS4 Pro but I may end up going to a Walmart at open to see if I can grab one.

Is Amazon going to be selling these? Wouldn't they want to have them up a day or two before for release day delivery?

I'd like to take the day off too but it will the end of our "sprint" so I absolutely need to be there...

I also assume that all the usual suspects will have stock on day 1.

leeman

Both Amazon and EBGames have pages for these, I am sure it will pop up live for both of them eventually :)

killroy87

I'll grab an NES Mini to have at some point (Nintendo has made zero allusions to this thing being limited), but I'll never actually play it. That controller cord is one of the most baffling decisions they've made in a long time, and damn near every decision they make is baffling in one way or another.

ElNino

They gonna be in line too then...
Yeah, Remembrance Day can be a bit crazy for shopping. I work for a company who gets it off so I used to try to do Christmas shopping that day... which is a bad idea. Everyone else will have the same idea and things will be jammed, regardless of what day of the week it is.

For once, the Chapters 20 minutes from me has the colouring books I want -- Flash and Doctor Strange. I'd ordered them from BookDepository last night, but I don't feel like waiting the week or two for them to ship from the UK, or risk mail carrier-related damage, when I can just drive there and get them.

Plus, I want to see them before I buy them, preferably.

leeman

I'll grab an NES Mini to have at some point (Nintendo has made zero allusions to this thing being limited), but I'll never actually play it. That controller cord is one of the most baffling decisions they've made in a long time, and damn near every decision they make is baffling in one way or another.

There are controller extenders available on the US Amazon which I am sure will make their way here eventually. I agree though, not sure who thought that through...

Yea I'm being put off by that, too, but at the vey least I am excited to try the campaign that had those ex-Naughty Dog guys in charge of narrative and design, and I absolutely love the Spaceland Zombies setting and theme. But yea Modern Warfare will be where I spend 99% of the multiplayer time in this package.

����
if it's any consolation my order says the same thing but I've been charged and their policy says they only charge when they ship so maybe they're going ups and we won't see shipping till around 2-3 pm and out the door by 6

Canon

Banned
Gears of War 1-3 + Judgment codes

I sold Gears of War 1-3 + Judgment codes on eBay and the buyer claims it was bought unauthorized. I think she is trying to take the codes and avoid paying for them because I can't provide proof of shipment (was sent through email). I have 100% positive feedback so I'm gonna have to refund her.

Anyway, I checked to see if the codes were used yet and they seem to be valid as of now.

So, if anyone wants the Gears of War Digital Collection (1-3 + Judgment), please PM me and I will send you them immediately. If they work, you can send me a payment later of whatever you think is fair. I just want these codes redeemed fast before she tries to use them and then rip me off.

They work on xbox 360 and xbox one. Codes came inside the box of Gears 4. I'll edit this post if someone PMs me.

If they don't work -- and I'll trust you if you say they don't -- then she already redeemed them and is trying to rip me off.

If Nintendo seriously can't meet demand for the NES Mini how the heck are they going to manage in March for the Switch?

The only answer can be artificial scarcity, because this is a cheap plastic box with cheap innards that shouldn't be difficult to make. They are likely making a 40% minimum profit on each NES Mini.

Given all they have is Pokemon Sun and Moon for this holiday and a dead home console, I could see them doing this to get attention and using it for Switch sales.

antibolo

Banned
I was supposed to receive a package today but of course Intelcom fucked up again. Still "out for delivery" since 1pm, and this is a business address so it's too late for that now.

Can one simply ask Amazon to never use Intelcom for their orders ever again? Would that actually work?

etta

my hard graphic balls
if it's any consolation my order says the same thing but I've been charged and their policy says they only charge when they ship so maybe they're going ups and we won't see shipping till around 2-3 pm and out the door by 6
Haven't been charged, still says "we've got your order".

giphy.gif

Intelcom is the worst. I got a text today saying they have my package and I'm like, "ok I'm at work, but I'll be home after 4:30" They reply, "I'll just try again tomorrow" so I say, "At 4:30? Because I'm an adult with a job and that's what time I get home every day" Their response: "oh."

Christ almighty.

Vamphuntr

I was supposed to receive a package today but of course Intelcom fucked up again. Still "out for delivery" since 1pm, and this is a business address so it's too late for that now.

Can one simply ask Amazon to never use Intelcom for their orders ever again? Would that actually work?

My guess is that they got a pretty cheap deal with them. When I'm not in a hurry I really prefer Canada Post at this point since the post office is like 5 min from my home on foot. So when I come back from work I just go pick up my packages.

Intelcom is the worst. I got a text today saying they have my package and I'm like, "ok I'm at work, but I'll be home after 4:30" They reply, "I'll just try again tomorrow" so I say, "At 4:30? Because I'm an adult with a job and that's what time I get home every day" Their response: "oh."

Christ almighty.

Nope there is no way to stop Amazon from using them. :-( sometimes CS will just send a second item and hopefully that one uses another service. But otherwise your options are to complain to Amazon, or to hope intelcom will reschedule for evening (which they might do, I've seen late deliveries from them)

If anything your situation sounds like an improvement because often they try and fail to deliver a few times before contacting you. At least this way there is a chance they will adapt to your schedule asap...

antibolo

Banned

Christ almighty.

Wait, Intelcom actually communicates with you? That's never happened to me ever.

Christ almighty.

i have to admit i laughed way to hard at this, especially your reply

sorry you got stuck with them though!

Christ almighty.

Basically the same as Fed Ex. They'll try to deliver it three times...at the same time of day. How do they expect anyone with a normal job to ever get their deliveries?

mixmixmixmix

Neo Member
So I don't want to start something here, but am in Toronto looking for Battlefield 1 for PS4. Do I need to accept that new AAA releases are just going to be $90 with tax or can I track down a deal in the near future? Development is expensive I know, I know..

Lexxism

So I don't want to start something here, but am in Toronto looking for Battlefield 1 for PS4. Do I need to accept that new AAA releases are just going to be $90 with tax or can I track down a deal in the near future? Development is expensive I know, I know..
Uhm, you know it has been like that for like 2 or 3 years? That's definitely the normal price now.

killroy87

Beyond "look at kijiji", no one here will be able to predict the future of sales. It will of course be on sale at some point, but we can only make guesses as to when and by how much.

$79.99 has been the norm since the dollar tanked two years ago. If you want to pay less you need to get on the E3 pre-order deals now

etta

my hard graphic balls
So to make sure again, the Public Mobile $120/3mo plan can be set to renew automatically at the end of every third month, right? Even if the promotional offer expires, you are locked in as long as it's set to auto-renew?

$79.99 has been the norm since the dollar tanked two years ago. If you want to pay less you need to get on the E3 pre-order deals now

Or get on Amazon Prime and buy within 2 weeks of release.

BeforeU

Oft hope is born when all is forlorn.
So to make sure again, the Public Mobile $120/3mo plan can be set to renew automatically at the end of every third month, right? Even if the promotional offer expires, you are locked in as long as it's set to auto-renew?

I believe so. Making it auto renew, you will get instant $12 credit. Which is nice, so on Jan 30th they will charge me $108 + tax

My plan just started today :)

etta

my hard graphic balls
I believe so. Making it auto renew, you will get instant $12 credit. Which is nice, so on Jan 30th they will charge me $108 + tax

My plan just started today :)

Hmmm, I am looking at Fido's 1GB/500min $40/mo, I don't really need the extra data from Public Mobile but I am a bit worried about them and I'd rather use Fido because I've known them since longer. But then again if something does happen with Public Mobile I can just cancel and go to Fido or something, hmmmm.

diaspora

I'm going to need a new phone soon and it seems like paying more up front is way cheaper than phone subsidization.

Galaxy S7 Edge from Koodo:
$400 Phone
$79/mo+tax for 2 years (3GB/month data plan)
= $2500+ after 2 years

Galaxy S7 Edge outright international edition:
$900 Phone
$120/quarter+tax for 2 years (4GB/month data plan)
= $1984 after 2 years

It's not much better in the US either where you'd pay $2300+ USD after 2 years, though plans on AT&T are like 30 months putting you $2900+ USD in the hole.

mixmixmixmix

Neo Member

Thanks, saw those deals and just passed, don't want to preorder but will either wait a few months after release or bite the bullet. I'll keep an eye on redflagdeals BST.

Chapters pissed me off tonight.

I drove over there (the mall is 20 minutes away in another city), because I saw they had copies of the two books I ordered from Book Depository last night. I canceled that order, then figured it'd be nice to actually look at them (they're colouring books of Flash and Doctor Strange) before buying.

The Doctor Strange one sucked, like the Marvel Star Wars one that I got in the mail the other day via a pre-order. But I saw the one DC one and another one that I liked and went to buy them. Turns out they have a different in-store price and online one, and won't price match.

They wanted me to pay five or six dollars more for the one book just because I went to the store. Fuck that.

I didn't buy anything there, then went and got an Amazon gift card from Shoppers and ordered them from there.

That's the main reason I drove over there, but I did stop at the library, look at the new mall extension and buy a Leafs jersey (2015) on sale for about half price.

Yeah, you should get a credit card immediately if you ever plan on applying for a mortgage.

I don't, because I doubt I could afford house payments even in the future, but I do need to build up credit.

Sealtest

Turns out they have a different in-store price and online one, and won't price match.

Been like this for awhile and it's annoying specially when I want a book for midnight release.

The reason they always give is they don't have to spend as much as they would sending it to a store if they sell it online. Really think they should think of changing it but why when you have people who walk into the store willing to spend the extra money not knowing its cheaper to order it online.

I only go there when I can get my friends employee discount on a a big order.

Been like this for awhile and it's annoying specially when I want a book for midnight release.

The reason they always give is they don't have to spend as much as they would sending it to a store if they sell it online. Really think they should think of changing it but why when you have people who walk into the store willing to spend the extra money not knowing its cheaper to order it online.

I only go there when I can get my friends employee discount on a a big order.

Yeah, that figures. It is annoying.

I won't be going back until they change it. The selection is nice, but I can get anything I want online. The only drawback is not being able to look at the books.

Maybe I'll just browse there if need be and buy elsewhere, lol.

They got me to sign up for Plum Rewards, but I'll probably never use it.

baconcow

Turns out they have a different in-store price and online one, and won't price match.

Unfortunately, this has been the case, with Chapters/Coles for as long as I can remember. I rarely buy from them in-store. Their online store is competitive with Amazon.ca.

etta

my hard graphic balls
Yeah, that figures. It is annoying.

I won't be going back until they change it. The selection is nice, but I can get anything I want online. The only drawback is not being able to look at the books.

Maybe I'll just browse there if need be and buy elsewhere, lol.

They got me to sign up for Plum Rewards, but I'll probably never use it.
I think that's their way of surviving against the digital market. Match price on online orders, but if you want the store experience you'll pay an extra few bucks. I'm fine with it, Chapters is probably my favourite store experience along with Apple and Starbucks. Nice music selection, clean environment, helpful and pleasant workers, and overall just a very nice atmosphere.

I never thought about them maybe taking PayPal. I guess they do, so that's good to know.

But I was frustrated since I went out mainly to go there, so I went with Amazon for that reason.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom