• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Canadian Gaming Deals and Discussion Thread 7: More Shipping Talk than Anime & TV GAF

Status
Not open for further replies.
Has anyone had their copy of Robinson The Journey ship or charge from Amazon yet?

It releases Tuesday November 8th, and I paid for the fastest shipping yet it says it won't ship until November 14th, what the fuck!?@!

I wouldn't recommend pre-ordering games from Wal-Mart.ca

I had pre-ordered both Titanfall 2 and Battlefield 1 with a credit card that became compromised between the time I ordered them and the release date. I had canceled the card because of this and Wal-mart not only couldn't change my card on the order, they couldn't cancel the order and both have now shipped to my house.

I now have to decline receiving both orders and my hopes of getting either of these games at the $49.99 price I pre-ordered them for are gone forever....

I'll be sticking with Amazon from now on :/

eyesradar

finally cant resist and dipped into the EBGames trade-in deal...getting $210 before tax is not too bad I guess...also picking up the NES classics (if I can find one) on the 11th.
On the other hand both BF1 and TF2 are pretty awesome, had my FPS fix of the year. Ill see how they perform on the Pro with the patch. Sun and moon are coming out later this month too, plus the free Animal Crossing patch.

This November is just awesome!

soultron

Banned
Weird question, but I don't know where else to ask.

I moved into my new place on 01 November. I recently got my TekSavvy modem shipped to me. I have the Mac and SSID now.

Do I really need to wait until my scheduled technician installation visit scheduled for Monday or can I call their support to have them remotely activate my service? The previous tenant had Rogers as their ISP, the coaxial cables are still here and I have one hooked into my modem right now.

Anyone have any experience with this? It'd be great to have internet this weekend! 🙂

etta

my hard graphic balls
Amazon shipped IW Legacy Edition but it's coming Monday

welp Prime putting in work
Contact them and say Prime guarantees release date delivery but it didn't arrive on release day. They will give you either $10 promo coupon or extend Prime by a month.

bomb-004.jpg

N° 2048

I think I'm done with VGP, they apparently shipped Root Letter on Monday and charged my card but it's not here.
They did the same with Valkyrie Drive. Came late.

EDIT: ok, I heard this game comes out Nov 1, Nov 8 and now Nov 10. Which is it?

Firestar

I think I'm done with VGP, they apparently shipped Root Letter on Monday and charged my card but it's not here.

Yeah mine did too and I haven't gotten it either even though I'm pretty close. Makes me wonder when/if they even shipped it. This better not happen with Steins;Gate 0...

N E R O

EDIT: ok, I heard this game comes out Nov 1, Nov 8 and now Nov 10. Which is it?
That's strange..I got mine yesterday..ps4 & vita copies.

chrono01

Cool! Whats the expected date?

Anyone who has traded in a ps4 or xb1 to EB, did you have to include the HDMI cable and chat headset? Or were they cool with just console, controller, power cord?
It says November 14th (Canada Post tracking), which is a bit insane, considering I'm Amazon Prime and get two-day shipping. It's expedited, so it shouldn't take that long. With Monday being a holiday, I'm hoping to receive it on Tuesday, but we'll see.

So Best Buy has a bundle with the following for $380:
- 500 GB Xbox One S
- Halo MCC
- Halo 5
- Call of Duty: Infinite Warfare

They confirmed I could trade COD for any other game I want in store. I'd choose Gears 4. Do we think they'll have either better bundles or a better price for BF? Can't decide whether or not to bite on this?

Holy shit, is the bolded from Best Buy's description true?? I don't plan to pay for Gold.
"and a full game download code for Halo: The Master Chief Collection (internet connection and Xbox Live Gold membership required to download)"

etta

my hard graphic balls
- 500 GB Xbox One S
- Halo MCC
- Halo 5

They confirmed I could trade COD for any other game I want in store. I'd choose Gears 4. Do we think they'll have either better bundles or a better price for BF? Can't decide whether or not to bite on this?

Holy shit, is the bolded from Best Buy's description true?? I don't plan to pay for Gold.
"and a full game download code for Halo: The Master Chief Collection (internet connection and Xbox Live Gold membership required to download)"
No, why would you need a subscription to download a game you have rights to? That part refers for the online play.

I ordered four books for $50, which isn't bad at all. One was that Flash colouring book, because I guess Book Depository expects me to take it to the post office and decline it when it gets here, even though they'll have to pay for return shipping to the UK. I'm honest, though, so I will do that since I was asked.

SirKhalid

For one of the books I am pre-ordering, if I find that the price doesn't drop enough before release, can I do a partial cancel without affecting the other books in my order?

goddamnit i guess i am buying the PS4 Pro

Fuck!

well atleast i got a 4K TV anyways (non hdr) so i might as well

i hope the witness goes back on sale because i really want to try that

Moltenix

- 500 GB Xbox One S
- Halo MCC
- Halo 5

Similar deal at EB Games. You can get an Xbox One S 500GB system (the ad shows the BF1 bundle) + Fallout 4 + One Free $80 Game.

Someone from RFD mentioned they were able to swap out Fallout for NHL17 by paying off the difference. It seems YMMV on whether you'd be able to switch Fallout4 with something else at all stores but a pretty decent deal otherwise.

Exr

Anyone aware of good laptop deals this weekend? Not looking to game on it, just looking for something for media and reading.

Man kijiji game buyers are some real pieces of work. You put a firm price and location and these assholes undercut you and want you to drive to Vaughan where they are. Probably some York University kid too. No one has got time for that shit.

Man kijiji game buyers are some real pieces of work. You put a firm price and location and these assholes undercut you and want you to drive to Vaughan where they are. Probably some York University kid too. No one has got time for that shit.

Yup. I get a lot of that. People asking if I'll meet downtown Toronto, drive an hour away, take a lowball offer, etc.

Someone offered me $240 cash for my PS4 today, then got mad when I said I couldn't do it, because it'd take him 30 minutes to drive here. I told him I couldn't because I'd get the same from EB, essentially, because their credit is tax-free.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom