• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Canadian Gaming Deals and Discussion Thread 7: More Shipping Talk than Anime & TV GAF

Status
Not open for further replies.

Cynar

Yup. I get a lot of that. People asking if I'll meet downtown Toronto, drive an hour away, take a lowball offer, etc.

Someone offered me $240 cash for my PS4 today, then got mad when I said I couldn't do it, because it'd take him 30 minutes to drive here. I told him I couldn't because I'd get the same from EB, essentially, because their credit is tax-free.
The nerve from some people. That's why I don't even bother anymore. I just list on eBay and that's it. I don't have time to waste on Kijiji.

Yup. I get a lot of that. People asking if I'll meet downtown Toronto, drive an hour away, take a lowball offer, etc.

Someone offered me $240 cash for my PS4 today, then got mad when I said I couldn't do it, because it'd take him 30 minutes to drive here. I told him I couldn't because I'd get the same from EB, essentially, because their credit is tax-free.

yep, i met a lot of good people but alot are some real pieces of work

Haines

Banned
Is 200 fair for a ps4 with no controller? The stupid rubber is falling off the analog so going to try and sell it solo on kijiji after I get my pro

N° 2048

That's strange..I got mine yesterday..ps4 & vita copies.

That's so strange, apparently it releases Nov 10. I wonder if VGP got the copies early but forgot about the delay and realized after they sent out some copies it was delayed.
Oh well...should be here this week.

Can anyone confirm what EB requires specifically for the ps4 trade in?

Is it console, power cables, HDMI and controller?

Also will they take a ps4 controller thats rubber is peeling off as per usual?

XBP

So amazon says my pro will arrive by the 14th which is disappointing because I pre-ordered the thing day 1 and was hoping to get it on the 10th.

So amazon says my pro will arrive by the 14th which is disappointing because I pre-ordered the thing day 1 and was hoping to get it on the 10th.

did you get a shipping notice today? i just got my shipping notice so should actually get it in a few days even though amazon says the 14th. nice to see amazon shipping so early...

That sucks man. I just got a new response asking me if I can deliver. like what the fuck is wrong with these people.

Is Titanfall 2 a major flop? I'm trying to sell my sealed PS4 copy for $60 on Craigslist here in Greater Vancouver, and not one single person has responded since launch.

It's nearly $90 after tax in stores, so I feel $60 is very fair.

Madness

Is Titanfall 2 a major flop? I'm trying to sell my sealed PS4 copy for $60 on Craigslist here in Greater Vancouver, and no one is biting.

Somewhat, pretty much since it was announced you could get the game for $49 cad on Amazon. Coupled with the fact CoD launched, you are not going to see too much interest in TF2. EA essentially sent the series to its death.

Somewhat, pretty much since it was announced you could get the game for $49 cad on Amazon. Coupled with the fact CoD launched, you are not going to see too much interest in TF2. EA essentially sent the series to its death.

During E3 you could get it for $49.96 (plus tax), but there are always E3 discounts for games and that doesn't kill Craigslist launch interest in other games. I think it's more your 2nd point about a horrible release date.

XBP

did you get a shipping notice today? i just got my shipping notice so should actually get it in a few days even though amazon says the 14th. nice to see amazon shipping so early...

Yeah, its shipped but I'm unsure if its going to get here on the 10 though. Its coming via canada post so I wont put it past them to delay it until the 14th.

Yeah, its shipped but I'm unsure if its going to get here on the 10 though. Its coming via canada post so I wont put it past them to delay it until the 14th.

i highly doubt amazon would or could delay it once it's in canada posts' system... it says expedited so that's 2-3 days max in my city..

Madness

During E3 you could get it for $49.96 (plus tax), but there are always E3 discounts for games and that doesn't kill Craigslist launch interest in other games. I think it's more your 2nd point about a horrible release date.

Even after E3 I would see things like take $30 off of BF1 or TitanFall2 if you purchased Gears 4 etc.

etta

my hard graphic balls
Damn, PS4 value has really tanked, huh? I remember disliking getting $310 for my PS4 by itself, and another $55 for Uncharted 4, this was just before E3.

Damn, PS4 value has really tanked, huh? I remember disliking getting $310 for my PS4 by itself, and another $55 for Uncharted 4, this was just before E3.

Not surprising with PS4 Pro launching in a week and everyone flooding the market with OG PS4's.

I'm only trying to sell my PS4 to get a Pro. The PS4 is an amazing system with fantastic exclusives too (Uncharted 4, Bloodborne, Until Dawn, Ratchet & Clank, Resogun, etc.)

etta

my hard graphic balls
Not surprising with PS4 Pro launching in a week and everyone flooding the market with OG PS4's.

I'm only trying to sell my PS4 to get a Pro. The PS4 is an amazing system with fantastic exclusives too (Uncharted 4, Bloodborne, Until Dawn, Ratchet & Clank, Resogun, etc.)
Yea that's true. And yea lol, I don't hate on it, it's a fantastic console.
I too sold it for the Pro, but I've got no reason to pick it up right now. Horizon isn't even a day one game for me and God of War is probably 2018. I don't even want to think when TLOU 2 is out, at which point I may as well wait for PS5.

daftstar

Will EB accept the PS4 + peripherals in their original boxes? I still have mine (yes I'm one of those type of people) and it'd be nice if I can package everything and just give them the whole thing in exchange. Sort of like a fresh start lol.

If anyone bought a PS4 Slim, i'd be more than happy to buy it off you :D

C'mon do it. You know you regret the decision with the Pro coming so soon

hehehehe

Firestorm

I mean you're also in Vancouver where everyone and their mother has a friend at EA to hook the up with cheaper EA games :p

Bronetta

Ask me about the moon landing or the temperature at which jet fuel burns. You may be surprised at what you learn.
Will EB accept the PS4 + peripherals in their original boxes? I still have mine (yes I'm one of those type of people) and it'd be nice if I can package everything and just give them the whole thing in exchange. Sort of like a fresh start lol.

Why wouldn't they accept the box?

I bought Battlefield 1 the other week, honestly felt underwhelmed by it (since Battlefield isn't for me no matter how much I try) so I returned it. I borrowed it from the library for about two days after that, beat it, tried multiplayer, then took it back for someone else to enjoy. There were 5 holds.

I got my money back, and bought Titanfall 2, but with some of the negative buzz about its multiplayer and the fact that the campaign is short, I decided I'd be better off returning it unopened and rebuying it so that I could have the guarantee on it.

I did when I was out the other day, and have played half of the campaign. It's pretty good, but hasn't blown me away. And unless the multiplayer absolutely hooks me, I doubt I'll keep it, given that I don't play multiplayer much.

Moltenix

I bought Battlefield 1 the other week, honestly felt underwhelmed by it (since Battlefield isn't for me no matter how much I try) so I returned it. I borrowed it from the library for about two days after that, beat it, tried multiplayer, then took it back for someone else to enjoy. There were 5 holds.

I got my money back, and bought Titanfall 2, but with some of the negative buzz about its multiplayer and the fact that the campaign is short, I decided I'd be better off returning it unopened and rebuying it so that I could have the guarantee on it.

I did when I was out the other day, and have played half of the campaign. It's pretty good, but hasn't blown me away. And unless the multiplayer absolutely hooks me, I doubt I'll keep it, given that I don't play multiplayer much.

Something about the hype surrounding BF1 and TF2 have been tempting me to get them but i've never really liked multiplayer shooter games. I feel like i'd be in the same boat as you if I did get them but the hype is oh so tempting....

Something about the hype surrounding BF1 and TF2 have been tempting me to get them but i've never really liked multiplayer shooter games. I feel like i'd be in the same boat as you if I did get them but the hype is oh so tempting....

I like Titanfall 2 more for sure, without a doubt. A decent amount more, too. But I doubt I'll get replaying the campaign, and I doubt I'll get my money's worth out of the MP.

I got Call of Duty IW/MWR as a gift, so I'll stick with that.

Haines

Banned
Go to ebgames for your Ps4 Pro. There is a 210$ credit in exchange for your old Ps4.

I can't. Sonys controller sucks so there a tiny piece of rubber of the left analog so it isn't mint anymore

Or I would be all over that deal.

I could just try going from eb to eb and see if one bites lol

Savitar

I think the real pity is that they could have gave a real grizzled bitter portrayal of WWI and instead they put in bi planes with tons of missiles and guys in metal outfits that is basically iron man with a Gatling gun.

Moltenix

I can't. Sonys controller sucks so there a tiny piece of rubber of the left analog so it isn't mint anymore

Or I would be all over that deal.

I could just try going from eb to eb and see if one bites lol

If you've got some stores near you, i'd give it a shot. Knowing EB, wouldn't be shocked if they took it anyway lol

Chilikar

Does anybody know for a fact whether we need to give them HDMI cables for the PS4 to PS4 Pro trade? I'm considering trading in my ps4, ps4 controller, and hdmi for the new system

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom