• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Canadian Gaming Deals and Discussion Thread 7: More Shipping Talk than Anime & TV GAF

Status
Not open for further replies.
Does Staples price-match Amazon.ca, Wanna buy a new monitor but rather buy it at a brick and mortar.

I tried getting them to price match a printer from Amazon, but they said their policy was to match + $20. Even though I pointed out that it cost enough to get free shipping, they wouldn't fully match.

Dazzler

Man kijiji game buyers are some real pieces of work. You put a firm price and location and these assholes undercut you and want you to drive to Vaughan where they are. Probably some York University kid too. No one has got time for that shit.

Its getting to the stage for me that I'll just take the shitty credit for games off eb or best buy, just so I don't have to deal with this

big_z

Man kijiji game buyers are some real pieces of work. You put a firm price and location and these assholes undercut you and want you to drive to Vaughan where they are. Probably some York University kid too. No one has got time for that shit.

I've nailed down a kijiji routine that works well.

Make the ad, keep it simple and include a picture.
State what you want for the item, cash, trade, Kraft dinner.
Mention if the ad is up then the item is available.
List the location its available for pick up or where you're willing to meet up. Don't let them make you deliver you're not amazon.

I have three areas I do transactions and the further one I charge $5 more.(mentioned in the ad) It's about a 15-20 minute drive and a half way point for many people so I think its fair.

When you get someone whos interested don't dink around, get the sale done asap. Make sure you confirm everything before you meet. eg. meet at tim hortons at 430, $65.

The most important thing is to not give into the cheap asses. Price what you think it fair and hold strong. There's a lot of people that think you owe them a deal when you don't. You might even run into those that will message you from multiple accounts or make fake ads and point you towards them to try and cut you down. You know the value of the item, stick with it and give it a week or two. For instance if youre selling a new game that retails for $80, you will get tons of offers for $40-50 but if you don't panic you'll get $65-$70 easy.

I sold my launch PS4 with 1 controller, HDMI and power cable, vertical stand and 5 old games (all year 1 PS4 games like Battlefield 4 etc) for $340. I had the original box too and packed it all up.

Posted it on Kijiji and it sold within 2 hours.

Just make sure you're ready to do the deal so people don't fall through. So make sure your PS4 is backed up and cleared to factory defaults so you can sell it. If you're going to take days to do all that after making the deal someone could easily find a cheaper or more full deal (with games etc) and bail on you.

Make sure to use pictures and have a nice description. Don't forget to talk about its condition and that it comes from a smoke and pet free home if true.

FrsDvl

Is an NES worth anything nowadays? We found a mint condition NES in original box at the in-laws the other day. I'm likely going to bring it home, maybe to keep, maybe to sell. I checked Kijiji, but they only seem to be offering out of box, and nowhere near mint condition systems

BeforeU

Oft hope is born when all is forlorn.
Bought brand new One S from kijiji for $310. The guy took our the BF1 code and just sold the console. I am fine with that. Pretty cheap either ways.

Cancelled my KS8000 65" order from Amazon.com and last night bought it from Samsung.com in deal instead for $1280. woot woot.now the wait begins.

Is an NES worth anything nowadays? We found a mint condition NES in original box at the in-laws the other day. I'm likely going to bring it home, maybe to keep, maybe to sell. I checked Kijiji, but they only seem to be offering out of box, and nowhere near mint condition systems

Yes what you described is worth at least $120 perhaps up to $200.

Haines

Banned
Bought brand new One S from kijiji for $310. The guy took our the BF1 code and just sold the console. I am fine with that. Pretty cheap either ways.

Cancelled my KS8000 65" order from Amazon.com and last night bought it from Samsung.com in deal instead for $1280. woot woot.now the wait begins.

That's American. Said and done costs you 2100 I believe. I'm crossing the border to pick my 55 inch next week. Will be about 1600 I figure.

SickBoy

Really tempted to trade for a PS4 Pro, simply because of fan noise issues -- and the hard drive upgrade wouldn't hurt, either.

Does anyone know the base trade-in value for a launch PS4? Curious about the cost difference between the Pro and the Slim with a trade in:
Pro: $500-210=$290
Slim: $380-???=$???

Gritesh

That's American. Said and done costs you 2100 I believe. I'm crossing the border to pick my 55 inch next week. Will be about 1600 I figure.

Yep I ordered the 65" last night using reship to send it to me in Edmonton around 2100 cad was in best buy last night regular price was 3999.99 they have it on sale for 3299.99 right now still saving 1100 after bringing it up.

Hope it ships soon...

Will probably just do the trade in deal towards the ps4 pro I might get 40-60 more on kijiji but it's not worth my time dealing with people on there.

BeforeU

Oft hope is born when all is forlorn.

Sent it to my friends place in michigan. He drives to Toronto every weekend. Even after the border duty, still hell lot cheaper.

I sold my launch PS4 with 1 controller, HDMI and power cable, vertical stand and 5 old games (all year 1 PS4 games like Battlefield 4 etc) for $340. I had the original box too and packed it all up.

Posted it on Kijiji and it sold within 2 hours.

Just make sure you're ready to do the deal so people don't fall through. So make sure your PS4 is backed up and cleared to factory defaults so you can sell it. If you're going to take days to do all that after making the deal someone could easily find a cheaper or more full deal (with games etc) and bail on you.

Make sure to use pictures and have a nice description. Don't forget to talk about its condition and that it comes from a smoke and pet free home if true.

Ehhh not sure where you're located, but your experience doesn't really hold true in Vancouver. You would not get that much here, nor that quickly. Also, I would never have everything backed up and then erased from PS4 because it can take days and people frequently back out around here. My system has been listed for over a week so I'd just be sitting here with nothing.

Ehhh not sure where you're located, but your experience doesn't really hold true in Vancouver. You would not get that much here, nor that quickly. Also, I would never have everything backed up and then erased from PS4 because it can take days and people frequently back out around here. My system has been listed for over a week so I'd just be sitting here with nothing.

Obviously it won't be the same everywhere and I've seen many people here who can't sell mention they are in Vancouver, not sure why that is? Just giving my experience and advice since many people have asked.

Regardless the thing comes out Thursday so if you're going to at least trade it in to EB you should be backing it up ASAP. My 380GB back up took about 7.5 hours to put it on a hard drive. So don't expect to do it quick Thursday and head to EB.

Qwyjibo

Well, I couldn't resist the EB Xbox One S bundle. I guess I own an Xbox now? I mostly got it for the UHD blu-ray player but hopefully I'll end up playing a couple games on it. I'm putting up Battlefield, COD, and Fallout 4 on Kijiji.

kennah

Well, I couldn't resist the EB Xbox One S bundle. I guess I own an Xbox now? I mostly got it for the UHD blu-ray player but hopefully I'll end up playing a couple games on it. I'm putting up Battlefield, COD, and Fallout 4 on Kijiji.

Wow, that's a tempting deal.

Qwyjibo

Wow, that's a tempting deal.

Yep. It's the 500gb One S with Battlefield 1, Fallout 4, and your choice of a $79 game for $379. And it's physical copies of all 3 games. I asked if I could substitute Fallout 4 for something else but they wouldn't go for it.

eyesradar

My work (a small Walmart, smallest in the city) has 36 NES Classics coming. Maybe Nintendo ISN'T being terrible with supply this time?

Wow thanks for the heads-up. Didn't know Walmart got stock too. Thought my only option would be EBGames and was told first come first serve and to expect line-ups.

Moltenix

Man, too bad they don't have an upgrade deal for the XB1S right now. If I could get $210 for my OG XB1 towards this bundle instead of the PS4 Pro, i'd probably bite on this deal.

If I could sell my PS4 for like $200, and then my PS3 + games for like $150-$200...

Id have enough for a slim at least

But that'd really be a worthless trade if I can just get the Pro.

WHEN ARE WE GETTING GAME DEALS. If I can buy some more games, Id be just fine with the original PS4

nashman

As someone else who is still rocking a 720p screen, what are my best options to upgrade right now?

I got the Sony 49" 800d for $1000. 4K 10bit HDR.

Or if you got $1500 could get Sammy 55" ks8000 when they go on sale.

Other 4ks got much worse input lag than these 2. But if you don't notice that type of thing or don't game online then look at Vizios and LGs as well. Also don't get 4K without HDR. It's just as impressive as the 4K.

I'm selling a PS4 game that isn't opened (and is hard to find new/regularly $45 used) for $45. I haven't had many offers lately because the ad is old, and I figured I'd just keep it. But I got one tonight.

The guy wanted to know if it was still available, and what my best price was. I explained it was what was posted in the ad, because it's what I paid for it and better than he'd find in stores.

He came back at $40, AND wanted me to drive it all the way out to Brooklin. Screw that jackass.

Someone asked about my PS4 tonight. I told him I could meet on Tuesday, ideally, because I still have to do the factory reset and get it ready, and am predisposed tonight.

He said it was no problem, and that he'd give me $275 if I held it. I'd feel bad taking extra, and get worried when people offer more than the list price, so I let him know he didn't need to.

daftstar

Anyone doing the EB trade-in for the Pro and throwing in a few games to get the price lowered? I'm thinking of putting some 3DS games down in addition to the PS4.. Was wondering if anyone else would be doing this too.

kurahadol

Anyone doing the EB trade-in for the Pro and throwing in a few games to get the price lowered? I'm thinking of putting some 3DS games down in addition to the PS4.. Was wondering if anyone else would be doing this too.

I threw in a few PS4 games to get an additional $30 off, just games I would never touch again/collect dust.

daftstar

I threw in a few PS4 games to get an additional $30 off, just games I would never touch again/collect dust.

Awesome. I only have a handful of PS4 games and a few that I probably won't play again (MGSV, Infamous Second Son, Fallout 4, Witcher 3). I'd like to keep them in case they get a Pro patch down the line though.

3DS games are dust magnets however so might as well use them.

Moltenix

If you've some older games lying around, take a peak at their "Trade More, Get More" list.

There's actually some pretty old and some obscure PS3/360 games that are surprisingly on the list. I managed to trade in 5 older games that were collecting dust for $44 today. Didn't think I could ever get $7 for CoD Ghosts in 2016 lol

This goes for anyone really. You don't need to put it towards a preorder or purchase so might be worth taking a look to offload some dust collectors.

Trade More, Get More is how I ended up paying for my last consoles. I traded in a bunch of older games and got hundreds.

My friend traded in a decent amount, and ended up getting quite a bit, too. Paid off most of his PS4, if not all of it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom