• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Canadian Gaming Deals and Discussion Thread 7: More Shipping Talk than Anime & TV GAF

Status
Not open for further replies.

antibolo

Banned
Is an NES worth anything nowadays? We found a mint condition NES in original box at the in-laws the other day. I'm likely going to bring it home, maybe to keep, maybe to sell. I checked Kijiji, but they only seem to be offering out of box, and nowhere near mint condition systems

Good lord.

Next you're gonna tell us you also have a boxed copy of Stadium Events as well?

antibolo

Banned
Anyone doing the EB trade-in for the Pro and throwing in a few games to get the price lowered? I'm thinking of putting some 3DS games down in addition to the PS4.. Was wondering if anyone else would be doing this too.

Maybe I should do it as well, it's as good occasion as any. Never traded in games at EBGames before though (I usually avoid that place like the plague). How does it work anyway, how old can the games be (my guess is it's only current gen and one gen back?) and can I get any idea of the value in advance?

koopas

Maybe I should do it as well, it's as good occasion as any. Never traded in games at EBGames before though (I usually avoid that place like the plague). How does it work anyway, how old can the games be (my guess is it's only current gen and one gen back?) and can I get any idea of the value in advance?
Be prepared for absurdly low trade in values. Depending on your edge card status the value is increased however but only slightly.

N E R O

Yeah, thinking of just buying a 4K TV. It's too bad. If only I have a 1080p tv :(

If you can afford one, go for it

I upgraded my 2011 720P 32" Toshiba to 55" LG 4K 2016 model with an HDR 2 months ago, couldn't be happier

You can always wait for Black Friday for better deals

TheOMan

Tagged as I see fit
Obviously it won't be the same everywhere and I've seen many people here who can't sell mention they are in Vancouver, not sure why that is? Just giving my experience and advice since many people have asked.

Regardless the thing comes out Thursday so if you're going to at least trade it in to EB you should be backing it up ASAP. My 380GB back up took about 7.5 hours to put it on a hard drive. So don't expect to do it quick Thursday and head to EB.

How does the back up process work? It goes onto an external drive?

your best option is to obviously wait until black friday so see what is available for 4K tv's and try and snag a decent modestly sized model then.

I got the Sony 49" 800d for $1000. 4K 10bit HDR.

Or if you got $1500 could get Sammy 55" ks8000 when they go on sale.

Other 4ks got much worse input lag than these 2. But if you don't notice that type of thing or don't game online then look at Vizios and LGs as well. Also don't get 4K without HDR. It's just as impressive as the 4K.

I don't game online so assuming the input lag isn't game-breaking then I should be fine. I'm also only looking for something between 43"- 49" so that should keep my options a bit cheaper. Any good suggestions from other brands with good HDR?

Will HDR even work if I'm using a receiver? I'd rather not have to compromise my sound system for quality picture.

Holy crap I can't imagine what the jump must feel like, going from 720p to 4k...

That's exactly what I'm hoping for. I expect to melt my eyes straight out of my skull the first time I turn on the new screen.

Lexxism

If you can afford one, go for it

I upgraded my 2011 720P 32" Toshiba to 55" LG 4K 2016 model with an HDR 2 months ago, couldn't be happier

You can always wait for Black Friday for better deals
I can definitely afford buying one. I just want to make sure it's worth it. How much did you buy for that? Around $1200?

Tapejara

I don't game online so assuming the input lag isn't game-breaking then I should be fine. I'm also only looking for something between 43"- 49" so that should keep my options a bit cheaper. Any good suggestions from other brands with good HDR?

Will HDR even work if I'm using a receiver? I'd rather not have to compromise my sound system for quality picture.

That's exactly what I'm hoping for. I expect to melt my eyes straight out of my skull the first time I turn on the new screen.

Depends on the receiver. Do you know the model of your receiver?

killroy87

PS4 Pro in 3rd of sales/preorders of all gaming on amazon.ca

its gonna be sold out isnt it?
I genuinely think the videogame chart on Amazon is complete fiction. I'll never forget the ouya being at number one for like a year and a half. It's clearly either really bugged, or something that can be bought.

rawd

What are people's Amazon.ca shipping status right now for PS4 Pro

I'm sitting at will ship Nov 14 since forever

Haines

Banned
Guys I just got this msg for my kijiji ps4

I said pick up only in ad for 220

"Sound Good...i hope this is not a scam because i want to buy this item for my friend as a gift.. am willing to offer you $400 for it including the total shipping fee and handling over to him .... Do you have a PayPal account so that i can transfer the money immediately.."

Is this a guy trying to scam me so he can cancel the PayPal after I ship it? Lmao

You could get a new one shipped for that cost!

Anyway I can report?

kaiyo

You can always plug the ps4 to the TV and plug a HDMI to the HDMI (Arc) on the tv and to an input on your receiver. And in the sound output setting on the tv select the HDMI arc as output. This will pass audio to your receiver.

MrFlooD

"Sound Good...i hope this is not a scam because i want to buy this item for my friend as a gift.. am willing to offer you $400 for it including the total shipping fee and handling over to him .... Do you have a PayPal account so that i can transfer the money immediately.."

Is this a guy trying to scam me so he can cancel the PayPal after I ship it? Lmao

Anyway I can report?

100% a scam. He's already setting expectations for a different shipping address. Paypal removes all seller protection if shipped to a different address vs what's listed on PayPal.

@Wreck

Anyway I can report?

man Kijiji shit scares the shit out of me

kinda why i'm going to ebgames

i guess i could sell it here, but nobody wants any OG unless they want their audio sep

Haines

Banned
100% a scam. He's already setting expectations for a different shipping address. Paypal removes all seller protection if shipped to a different address vs what's listed on PayPal.

Well I just hope some eyes on here see this incase they run into it.

rawd

Mine shipped out Saturday. Amazon said garunteed delivery was the 14th but Canada Post tracking has it showing up on the 9th

Hasn't shipped yet but should be delivered day 1.

Nice thanks.

I've always ordered my gaming stuff online from BB until recently when Amazon started with their direct delivery to my door. I'll take a courteous friendly Amazon delivery person over some grumpy mumbly courier anytime.

JDH

Mine is preparing for shipment for most likely shipping today or tomorrow. Says delivery for Thursday Nov 10. God I hope so.

djblue89

Could someone help recommend a 50-60'' TV looking for something that is budget friendly, in the 700 or less range.

Any help gaf ?

Does not need to be 4K

ys45

Anyone know if Amazon.ca will have the Nes Classic for sale on Friday ?
What time do they usually update their stock on the website ?

I was thinking about checking at midnight or really early in the morning .

Anyone know if Amazon.ca will have the Nes Classic for sale on Friday ?
What time do they usually update their stock on the website ?

I was thinking about checking at midnight or really early in the morning .

They should really put it up a day before so that people have a chance to actually have it delivered on the 11th.

I really hope this launch isn't going to be a pain in the ass.

Anyway I can report?

complete scam, either meet up at a public place (like a Tim Hortons) with cash or no deal

Dazzler

Anyway I can report?

what an appalling attempt at a scam, lol

Anyway I can report?

Send the guy a box filled with dog shit imho

$139.99

Anyway I can report?

That's a Nigerian scam. A friend and I fell for it years ago, and only because my friend didn't show me that one of the PayPal emails he received was from an @rocketmail.com extension.

So Nintendo's going to do US$99.99 New 3DS starting on Black Friday. Any word on Canadian cost?

I thought they were only for the US market and probably won't be sold here

Also from the NES mini thread, it looks like there may be average supply but the extra controllers will be scarce.

Aonuma

So Nintendo's going to do US$99.99 New 3DS starting on Black Friday. Any word on Canadian cost?

I got a PR email from Nintendo Canada that says they're gonna be $139.99 here. A touch over the direct exchange, but disappointing like every other video game price these days none-the-less.

Naite

Mine just switched to preparing for shipment about an hour ago (EDIT: Now it says being shipped today). It said it would arrive by the 10th, but going by my usual preorders, it'll arrive on the 9th.

Still need to get a 2TB hard drive for this thing.

Do we even know how much the NES Mini is going to sell for in Canada?

$69.99 or $79.99?

It is $59.99 in the USA which with current exchange rates is $80.30 Canadian, so I am guessing $79.99.

whitehawk

Banned
Anyone know vif SDM carries any decent TVs? I have over $200 in Optimum points I'd love to use on something like a TV.
I'd like to jump on this to find out which GTA shoppers carries the biggest selection of electronics/games. They've all downsized that department since loblaws bought em, but they still exist...

Haines

Banned
Sold my ps4 to a guy at work for 250.

Even with showing him the rubbed off left stick.

Going to try every trick in the book to rid of the beep problem. It's not happening right now for a few months and if I can keep it from happening even for a couple months I won't be under the gun for that one.

Going to cross the border fri/sat to pick up my tv. Anything else just should grab while I'm on USA side?

Just had the ps4 pro delivered to me from amazon. This is the first time I've ever had anything delivered early. My launch ps4 was delivered a week after release by best buy. I'll never pre-order from them again.

Having the ps4 pro delivered a few days early from amazon has pretty much guaranteed that i'll pre-order any consoles from them in the future. This is probably a one time lucky occurrence though.

Just had the ps4 pro delivered to me from amazon. This is the first time I've ever had anything delivered early. My launch ps4 was delivered a week after release by best buy. I'll never pre-order from them again.

Having the ps4 pro delivered a few days early from amazon has pretty much guaranteed that i'll pre-order any consoles from them in the future. This is probably a one time lucky occurrence though.

Wish I had kept my Amazon order.

Fuzzy

I would bang a hot farmer!
Do we even know how much the NES Mini is going to sell for in Canada?

$69.99 or $79.99?

It is $59.99 in the USA which with current exchange rates is $80.30 Canadian, so I am guessing $79.99.
It was announced at the same time the US price was announced, $79.99 CAD and $12.99 CAD for extra controllers.

Haines

Banned
Oh, you better be ready. 250 usd is 335 cad or 300 usd is 400 cad. I don't see them lowering the price for us.

What TV did you buy Haines?

55 ks8000

Caught the perks at work deal for a total of 1600 canadian.

Not cheap, but it retails at bb for 2300 up here so good enough

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom