• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Canadian Gaming Deals and Discussion Thread 7: More Shipping Talk than Anime & TV GAF

Status
Not open for further replies.

suikodan

Anyone who preordered a PS4Pro on EBGames.ca for delivery in-store got their console?

I want to pickup mine after work but I hope that quantities aren't scarce

soultron

Banned
lol Amazon.ca estimate said my PC copy of Dishonoured 2 would arrive 17 November (it's out tomorrow 12 November), even with express shipping. Asked CS if there was anything they could do, they said no.

Why does this keep happening? Guess that's more money for GMG then.

I am actually shocked at this tbh

huhvkual.jpg

lol Amazon.ca estimate said my PC copy of Dishonoured 2 would arrive 17 November (it's out tomorrow 12 November), even with express shipping. Asked CS if there was anything they could do, they said no.

I bought a Laptop from Amazon on Oct 11th and it said it was out of stock would arrive by Nov 20th. Then i checked yesterday and it now says it will Arrive on Dec 19th..:( I guess I can see if BF will have any better deals and I can cancel amazon purchase.

Tapejara

All I'm hoping for is $49.99 Titanfall 2 this Black Friday.

Heads up that apparently the PC port of Dishonored 2 is suffering from a bunch of issues.

antibolo

Banned
EBGames called me yesterday to tell me my Pro will be ready to be picked up today.

Still not 100% sure about doing the trade-in or not though.

BTails

Anyone who preordered a PS4Pro on EBGames.ca for delivery in-store got their console?

I want to pickup mine after work but I hope that quantities aren't scarce

Yup, I ordered mine with in-store pickup. They called me yesterday to let me know it'd be available today. Backed up my hard-drive and initialized my old PS4 last night so I can trade it in after work. $210 is so worth no dealing with a private sale.

ys45

Will the NES Classic be releasing today on Amazon.ca?

It's releasing tomorrow.
Speaking of Amazon I sent an email yesterday asking when it would be available to order on the 11th and I got this useless reply :

" Hello from Amazon.ca,

I completely understand your concern in this regard and apologize for the inconvenience caused.

I'm sorry, but 'Nes Classic Edition" is currently not available for purchase through our Canadian website.

We work to constantly expand and improve the selection of products and services we provide.

I have passed your message along to the appropriate people in our company so they are aware of your interest in this item and they'll ensure that this item is made available with us as early as possible.

We hope you enjoy our current offerings, and encourage you to check back frequently for any new or updated information about our products and services.

Once the item is listed, please place a new order for the item with the fastest shipping available and contact us with the order number so that we'll waive or refund the shipping charges. "

So If I understand correctly they won't carry it ?

It's releasing tomorrow.
Speaking of Amazon I sent an email yesterday asking when it would be available to order on the 11th and I got this useless reply :

" Hello from Amazon.ca,

I completely understand your concern in this regard and apologize for the inconvenience caused.

I'm sorry, but 'Nes Classic Edition" is currently not available for purchase through our Canadian website.

We work to constantly expand and improve the selection of products and services we provide.

I have passed your message along to the appropriate people in our company so they are aware of your interest in this item and they'll ensure that this item is made available with us as early as possible.

We hope you enjoy our current offerings, and encourage you to check back frequently for any new or updated information about our products and services.

Once the item is listed, please place a new order for the item with the fastest shipping available and contact us with the order number so that we'll waive or refund the shipping charges. "

So If I understand correctly they won't carry it ?

This is just a copy pasted message from a clueless CSR.

Northcott

Neo Member
I picked up my pre order from EB this morning, they gave me an extra $50 towards my launch PS4 so I got $260 off. Dude working there said it was a launch day promo or something.

Moltenix

EB just posted new trade promos towards the new Big Mac PS4:

$50 off the Pro making it $450 for trading in an eligible console (fine print includes stuff like PS3, 360, Wii U, 3DS, Vita, PS4, XB1)

Additional 10% for trading in newer consoles (PS4, XB1, Wii U)

Trade up to 5 games for $20 each (max $100) (min. $8 value)

Not sure if all of this stacks with the existing $210 promo. Pretty sweet if you could get $50 off the pro, then 210 + 10% off + up to $100 if you got some games to dump too.

Dazzler

$50 off the Pro making it $450 for trading in an eligible console (fine print includes stuff like PS3, 360, Wii U, 3DS, Vita, PS4, XB1)

Not sure if all of this stacks with the existing $210 promo. Pretty sweet if you could get $50 off the pro, then 210 + 10% off + up to $100 if you got some games to dump too.

The link on the EB Games site for which games qualify for the trade 5 promo is down :(

Moltenix

The link on the EB Games site for which games qualify for the trade 5 promo is down :(

Yeah, noticed that too. Dammit, wanna see if I got any qualifying games...

Also, promo ends on Nov 20 so no rush to get it done today or anything. Worried about stock though.

Dazzler

Yeah, noticed that too. Dammit, wanna see if I got any qualifying games...

Also, promo ends on Nov 20 so no rush to get it done today or anything. Worried about stock though.

If I have five qualifying games I might pair it with a trade in on my current PS4, it's pretty tempting

iiicon

It looks like they do stack:

YTwWzXB.png

I'm not quite sure how these promos add up to $425 in savings but maybe I'm missing something.

edit: ah, the fine print. $425 is based off trading in the most expensive Xbox One model.

farisr

Are PSVRs still scarce?

Dude in Vancouver looking for $1200 for one, lol

http://vancouver.craigslist.ca/bnc/vgm/5851398284.html
Launch bundles are out of stock, but standalone headsets are readily available (*limited quantities at best buy) so people are free to create their own bundles. It'd be one thing if he was selling at or near the actual bundle price still saving folks some money while netting himself a small profit, but $1200 at this point is ridiculous.

Though it seems the ad was posted 13 days ago, maybe posted at a bunch of places and forgot it was up. Happens a lot.

Hmm I'm definitely considering trading in 5 games. Let's hope Shadow of Mordor, Dark Souls 2 remaster (xbone), Dark Souls 2 (PS3), Last of Us (PS3) and Fallout 4 count. The stupid eligible games list is borked right now

Oh shit you can also trade in a Wii. I'll definitely do that

I AM SO FUCKING HAPPY YOU CAN TRADE A WII IN. This thing is useless since I have a WiiU and it can play Wii games

U can stack 2 promos.

Biggest issue is making sure the person applies the promo, tho I think I read the trade bump on console applies automatically

BTails

So just by trading in my PS4, I get $210, plus $50 off my Pro? Damn, maybe I'll pick up Titanfall 2 if that's the case, would like something "Pro-Enhanced" before FFXV comes out later this month.

I assume the "-35.00 Price override" is from the "Level up your console" promo, right?

That's THREE promos for the PS4 trade-in alone. Holy wow.

I bet it's very YMMV though, given they had to do an override to give it to him.

I'm trading in my ps4 for a Pro after work, so we will see what they do for me at the one across from Eaton's Centre in TO.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom