• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Canadian Gaming Deals and Discussion Thread 7: More Shipping Talk than Anime & TV GAF

Status
Not open for further replies.

JSR_Cube

Ya, I don't know much. I didn't ask for anything special. Just brought the games and console in and he told me the price in the end. Seemed like good enough of a deal to me so I didn't complain.

Moltenix

Damn, very tempted to trade in my OG XB1 for a Pro if the promos stack.

We probably won't see any deals on the Pro this year whereas there's probably gonna be some decent ones for XB1S during BF or Boxing Day.

Grimsen

so, am I doing this right?

trade of the ps4: 210$
+
10% of the value of the ps4:21$
+
50$ rebate off the ps4 PRO
=281$

Price of the PS4 PRO: 499.99-281= 218.99$ + taxes

No EDGE card required?

+
+
=281$

No EDGE card required?

That's right though you might as well get the free EDGE card and get another 5% on the value of the PS4.

Half thinking about going for this offer. It's pretty much the same as what I did to get my S for cheap but I already don't use my PS4 that much as-is.

Grimsen

That's right though you might as well get the free EDGE card and get another 5% on the value of the PS4.

Half thinking about going for this offer. It's pretty much the same as what I did to get my S for cheap but I already don't use my PS4 that much as-is.

Cool.

Busy night tonight

-back up my saves on my ps4 and ps3
-take out the 500GB from the PS3 and put it back in the PS4
-put back the black faceplate on my OG DS4.
-dust everything
-Profit!

antibolo

Banned

+
+
=281$

No EDGE card required?

That's my calculation as well. QC total would be $251.79, with the $50 I already paid that means my bill for tonight should be $201.79!

Aske

I didn't pay attention to the specifics of the various deals (there was definitely more than one), but I just traded in my old PS4 at EB Games and paid $310 for my Pro, including tax. I feel like it would have been stupid not to upgrade, even if I didn't have a PSVR and had no plans to go 4k in the next couple of years. Great deal for those of us who already own the original system.

BestBuy is stupid as fuck, my months old preordered PS4 Pro is sitting in a Canada Post depot somewhere, because they shipped it last night at midnight, meanwhile I was able to casually reserve one in store for pickup after work....

These companies are seriously braindead when it comes to shipping things that people pre-order for the purpose of getting one on release *sigh*

Moltenix

Do the promos stack? I just got back from EB and got $210 for my original PS4, then paid the rest.

Did you get the $50 off making the Pro 449.99 at least?

There's supposed to be an additional 10% on top of the $210 I think but that might not be automatically applied so ymmv.

soultron

Banned
Tried to ask if I could buy a PS4P, transfer, and then come back next day with my OGPS4 and get the trade deal. EB rep said I couldn't because they need to apply the discount with a trade during the same transaction, which is fine. Then they tried to tell me transfering was useless because some got their PS4P at 8AM from Amazon today and have been transferring for over 12 hours on LAN. Uhh how does time and space and transferring maybe 500 GB over LAN work? That was the key moment that made me think I should never go back to that EB ever again.

DJ_Lae

Damn, I'd be more tempted to trade in if I didn't have a white PS4, or if I didn't have to fiddle with the hard drives again (I already dumped the 500GB into an enclosure for my WiiU and there's no way I'm trading the PS4 in with a 2TB drive in there).

Same goes with the XBox One, as I have the white Sunset Overdrive edition and it's still gorgeous.

Grimsen

Ugh... on RFD, posters are reporting that some EBs don't want to apply both promotions (210$ trade in for the PS4 and the 50$ off).

Not sure I want to spend and evening arhuing.

I had a bit of a brainwave last night.

I posted before about how Cineplex will give you a coupon book worth $40 if you buy a gift card worth $40 or more. Well, when they did it during the Mother's Day holiday, it was $30/$30 in coupons and I bought 3. I used almost all of the coupons, and it was well worth it, but I still have $74 left on gift cards.

I wonder if I could use those gift cards to buy new ones at the box office when I go see Arrival tonight.

Did EB take the $210 off before or after taxes on $499?

Before, I believe, but they didn't specifically say. I almost had one paid off with credit, because I was going to sell my PS4 on Kijiji. Then the guy never showed up.

The $210 is trade credit, so it's tax free. In Ontario, you're almost getting $240 essentially.

I hope that helps.

Moltenix

Ugh... on RFD, posters are reporting that some EBs don't want to apply both promotions (210$ trade in for the PS4 and the 50$ off).

Not sure I want to spend and evening arhuing.

Some GAF'ers managed to get the $50 with the $210 deal above though...

EB fking up the own promos as usual.

The same thing happened with the S. I brought up the bonus $50 and they called another store to ask about it, then gave it to me.

I'm trying to call the store I went to, as I know the manager as a friend of sorts, but it's busy.

Vinc

I had a bit of a brainwave last night.

I posted before about how Cineplex will give you a coupon book worth $40 if you buy a gift card worth $40 or more. Well, when they did it during the Mother's Day holiday, it was $30/$30 in coupons and I bought 3. I used almost all of the coupons, and it was well worth it, but I still have $74 left on gift cards.

I wonder if I could use those gift cards to buy new ones at the box office when I go see Arrival tonight.

Before, I believe, but they didn't specifically say. I almost had one paid off with credit, because I was going to sell my PS4 on Kijiji. Then the guy never showed up.

The $210 is trade credit, so it's tax free. In Ontario, you're almost getting $240 essentially.

I hope that helps.

Whoa, that gift card deal is pretty good. I don't have use for all of the free perks, but I'm sure I'll spend $40 on movie nights over the next few months for sure anyway.

Enjoy Arrival by the way. I saw it at a premiere last night and found it absolutely amazing.

The guy asked his manager and said it's a bonus for trading in games.

Whoa, that gift card deal is pretty good. I don't have use for all of the free perks, but I'm sure I'll spend $40 on movie nights over the next few months for sure anyway.

Enjoy Arrival by the way. I saw it at a premiere last night and found it absolutely amazing.

Thank you. I'm looking forward to it! And it's free because of all of the cereal I bought so that's a bonus. (I eat lots of cereal anyways.)

Yeah, the Cineplex gift card promo is great. People will generally spend $40 there at some point, so why not get the perks in case you can use them this holiday season. Free popcorn is worth like $7, then there's BOGO, a free seat upgrade, a free pop in QC, etc.

Quick

Banned

I hope that helps.

I'm a bit confused. I've been told it's tax free if it's put towards a pre-order/purchase, how did you get to $240?

The way I'm picturing it is:

$499.99
-$210
=$289.99
+tax
=$327.68

I'm a bit confused. I've been told it's tax free if it's put towards a pre-order/purchase, how did you get to $240?

$499.99
-$210
=$289.99
+tax
=$327.68

Well, as far as I know you don't get taxed on the trade credit. So you get the $210 and don't pay tax on it. That essentially gives you $237 off of the price.

$499.99
-$210
=$289.99
+tax
=$327.68

When you save 210$ on 499.99$, you are saving the tax on that 210$. Normal total price is 499.99$+tx = 564.99$, total with trade in 327.68$ --> total savings: 564.99$-327.68$ = 237.31$

Lexxism

$499.99
-$210
=$289.99
+tax
=$327.68
The $240 is not the price he paid for. That's the total discount he got. $210 + 13%.

The list of trade-in games is borked on EB Game's site. Don't tell me they're gonna adjust it to cut off a lot of games T_T

I'm hoping the PS3 versions of Last of Us and Dark Souls 2 count.

EDIT: Brawl wont work cause no Wii games are eligible

dankir

So what do you think is going to happen to game prices for us now that Drumpf is president? He's pro oil and drilling so that could bode well for our oil industry = increasing Canadian dollar maybe?

So what do you think is going to happen to game prices for us now that Drumpf is president? He's pro oil and drilling so that could bode well for our oil industry = increasing Canadian dollar maybe?

Totally off-topic but did you ever find/get news about the Costco Quest bar equivalent in Canada yet?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom