• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Canadian Gaming Deals and Discussion Thread 7: More Shipping Talk than Anime & TV GAF

Status
Not open for further replies.

JazzmanZ

Amazon has some rare Amiibo back in stock, most notably Robin and Lucina, so if you've been looking for them still, nab them while you can.

khaaan

How much does PS4 go for, $280?

Is the EB Games deal more worth it?

It could go for $280, depending on how long you're willing to wait. The EB Games deal only gets you $210 but I consider that the preferable option because I don't want to deal with eBay/Kijiji.

a916

Trump wants America to become 100% energy independent, and he wants to punish companies for doing business in foreign countries. So yes, our dollar will tank. Trudeau needs to act quickly on his infrastructure and renewable energy plans, but in the long run Canada will need to seriously reinvent itself so we're not paying 999 CAD for a PS5.

Vancouver already going with Re-newable energy by 2050. Trudeau really needs to push it, but then again how do you push it when Alberta relies on oil so much?

Vancouver already going with Re-newable energy by 2050. Trudeau really needs to push it, but then again how do you push it when Alberta relies on oil so much?
Make alberta the center of north American renewable energy, windmill manufacturing, solar cell manufacturing, training in installation, creation and research into making current methods cheaper and more efficient. With the right government subsidies and renewable energy initiatives it's totally doable but it won't be fast or easy.

a916

Make alberta the center of north American renewable energy, windmill manufacturing, solar cell manufacturing, training in installation, creation and research into making current methods cheaper and more efficient. With the right government subsidies and renewable energy initiatives it's totally doable but it won't be fast or easy.

I imagine they'll need to set up a foundation for this, create those factories and stuff... eventually the world has to go there... why no pioneer it. Especially when the country (dollar) is so dependent on oil.

Qwyjibo

I managed to sell Battlefield ($65) and Infinite Warfare ($60) on Kijiji from my EB Games Xbox One S bundle. Got the usual beginning and no responses you get on Kijiji but I'm happy I got rid of them quickly. I'll probably end up just trading Fallout 4 to Best Buy since it's not getting any interest.

Ugh there's a 2tb xbox one S I can get locally for $350 i'm really on the fence about it though I for sure don't NEED the extra hdd space but I get the feeling it will retain value around the time scorpio launches much better than my day one xbone.

FYI for those trading in PS4's to EB, mine just called to inform me that for 48 hours they are running a promo allowing you to buy the ps4 pro in full and take it home to do the transfer from an old ps4 and then bring in your old ps4 with your ps4 pro receipt and they will refund you the full amount and do the trade in discount after youve transferred.

I called all 3 of my Wal Marts for the NES Mini and two are getting 10 and the largest one is getting 24.

Not bad. I just used the UPC on the placeholder page on their website. The item number wasn't registering on their handhelds for some reason.

EB is offering Edge members bonus trade-in credit on PS4 and Xbox One games, Nov. 10-13. Platinum gets 50% extra, Onyx gets 75%. The ones below those gets 25%.

Also, trade any PS3 DualShock 3 and get $15 towards a DualShock 4.

You can also get triple the discount on used PS4 games. (Although I won't bother, because I don't want to put a dirty used game into my new system.)

eBay has a coupon for $15 USD off a $60 USD purchase. Expires tonight 9PM PST.

Code: CFLASHNOV16

You can make an equivalent CAD purchase (about $80) and receive about a $20 discount.

EB is offering Edge members bonus trade-in credit on PS4 and Xbox One games, Nov. 10-13. Platinum gets 50% extra, Onyx gets 75%. The ones below those gets 25%.

You can also get triple the discount on used PS4 games. (Although I won't bother, because I don't want to put a dirty used game into my new system.)

Thank you!!!!

How do I contact Canada Post and submit a complaint WITHOUT filing a claim for them to replace something? I've looked on their site, and checked under damaged mail, but I don't want to ask for money.

The gist is that, as you guys know I order a lot of colouring books. It's my main hobby and keeps my mind busy. I do it while I watch TV.

With Amazon's 25% off deal, I was able to get four books for the price of 3 ($50). Three were already released, and shipped on Monday. They were delivered today, in one envelope.

As per usual, my mail carrier is lazy and likes to just shove anything possible into the tiny slot we have in our community mailbox a mile away. Instead of being nice about it and getting a key for the big slot and putting my stuff in there, he or she will roll my books up and wedge them into the mail slot.

They always come out warped, and this time it was hard to even get them out because they were wedged so tightly. Thankfully, the damage is minimal (hence me not asking for a replacement), but the corners got banged up and it pisses me off.

EDIT: Nevermind. Found a workaround.

Thank you!!!!

You're welcome/no problem

Keep in mind that they're likely all Edge member bonuses

Well I have seven games to trade in tomorrow morning. Guess this will work out for me.

3am EST? Sakes.
If I didn't have a thing on Friday I would have seriously considered it.

Too bad you're not me. I sleep like shit and am often up that late. I think I fell asleep at 4:30-5am and didn't wake up until 4pm (not that I wanted to sleep that long. I get broken sleep, so I woke up and tossed and turned in-between.)

I've gotta' take my Grandparents to an appointment 30 minutes away tomorrow, and have a movie ticket ordered for tomorrow night at 7. I'm a bit tired, but since I slept so long, I think I'll likely pull an all-nighter to play Dishonored. I just hope I'll get up in time to go to the movie.

The new cleaning person we hired is also coming at 9am on Friday and I need to be up to greet her. She was the best option to hire out of all of the Kijiji replies, but is a 19 year old knockout, so I hope I'll actually be able to talk to her without wanting to hide.

Well I have seven games to trade in tomorrow morning. Guess this will work out for me.

Good to hear

23qwerty

Can you just pay the $15 to get the Platinum edge card or do you need 5000 points as well? Seems. worth it to get an extra 25% trade in credit with enough games

The new cleaning person we hired is also coming at 9am on Friday and I need to be up to greet her. She was the best option to hire out of all of the Kijiji replies, but is a 19 year old knockout, so I hope I'll actually be able to talk to her without wanting to hide.

Why don't you do the cleaning? You sound like you're home all day, and you could obviously use the money.

Indelible

Amazon actually managed to ship Dishonored 2 early, says it will arrive tomorrow. Usually I have to wait over a week on free shipping, sometimes Amazon can surprise you.

Why don't you do the cleaning? You sound like you're home all day, and you could obviously use the money.

I deal with chronic fatigue and depression. I did the cleaning last time, but am not doing it every time.

I did a pretty good job, but a professional knows it better.

EDIT: I generally vacuum and dust in-between visits, and did so several times between our last one's last visits. But she flipped out on me when I asked her if she'd wash all of the hardwood instead of just the few floors she felt like washing and left. So I did the whole house myself.

I always thoroughly clean my gaming room, which nobody else goes into.

EDIT 2: I'm not complaining at all. She seems like a good person with lots of experience. I just get nervous around women, especially really attractive ones and will want to hide.

Oneself

Amazon actually managed to ship Dishonored 2 early, says it will arrive tomorrow. Usually I have to wait over a week on free shipping, sometimes Amazon can surprise you.
I pre-ordered back in june 2015 and mine is shipping on the 14th... Though I got a refund for my whole order because of that.

I'm going to be getting Dishonored 2 this week, and apparently there's a code for the first one in the retail boxes. I'm not going to need it, so if anyone in CanadaGAF wants the Xbox One version of Dishonored: DE PM me.

I'll give you guys first crack.

Past

Don't you get Dishonored 2 a day early if you pre-order it? Or is that just digital?

I deal with chronic fatigue and depression. I did the cleaning last time, but am not doing it every time.

I did a pretty good job, but a professional knows it better.

Well, this is your chance to follow the new cleaning lady around, learning all her professional secrets and ogling her 19-year-old knockout body. She'll either be cool with it and maybe do you afterwards, or she'll quit, and you can slide right in to replace her with your new marketable skillset. It's a win-win for you.

Well, this is your chance to follow the new cleaning lady around, learning all her professional secrets and ogling her 19-year-old knockout body. She'll either be cool with it and maybe do you afterwards, or she'll quit, and you can slide right in to replace her with your new marketable skillset. It's a win-win for you.

That'd be creepy

Also, did you ignore the first part? I'm on disability for a reason.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom