• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Canadian Gaming Deals and Discussion Thread 7: More Shipping Talk than Anime & TV GAF

Status
Not open for further replies.
Are the red and blue new version DS4s going to be available tomorrow? That's the only reason I'd think about trading in my banged up DualShock 3 for one. (I dropped it once and it has a slight knick on it.)

Believe me, it would actually be much, much less creepy. She might even tell your dad how you're learning a trade and hitting on girls. He would be so proud of you.

I don't know, man. Asking a girl I've never met before if I can follow her around for five hours seems a bit creepy.

I'm just aiming to be nice, try to be myself and then not bother her and do my own thing.

I don't know, man. Asking a girl I've never met before if I can follow her around for five hours seems a bit creepy.

I'm just aiming to be nice, try to be myself and then not bother her and do my own thing.

So don't phrase it creepily. Just let her know you're going to be around the house because it's your "day off" (she doesn't have to know about the fatigue/depression just yet), and ask if you can lend a hand. Tell her you did the cleaning last time and your parents weren't happy with it, so you're looking to pick up a few tips. Be nice, be yourself, don't bother her... but you don't have to leave her alone, or pretend you're unhappy she's around. She might be glad for the extra pair of hands! Not to mention someone (around?) her own age to talk to.

You can do this! We all believe in you, man.

Xaero Gravity

NEXT LEVEL lame™
Well, this is your chance to follow the new cleaning lady around, learning all her professional secrets and ogling her 19-year-old knockout body. She'll either be cool with it and maybe do you afterwards, or she'll quit, and you can slide right in to replace her with your new marketable skillset. It's a win-win for you.
I like your thinking.

Dr.brain64

Looks like a new controller color for PS4 announced
http://www.gamespot.com/articles/green-camo-ps4-controller-revealed/1100-6445306/

There's a light bar just above the touch pad, has a matte finish (which I like a lot) compared to the fingerprint-heavy original and I believe it has bluetooth functionality (not sure 100%). The rubber on the sticks might be better quality but don't quote me on that.

all ps4 controllers have bluetooth, you are thinking of the xbox one s controller

also the rubber was improved on all post launch ps4 controllers

iLLmAtlc

I've been waiting to get bloodborne should I just jump the gun on the psn complete edition for 20? I generally prefer physical especially for big releases.

Are the red and blue new version DS4s going to be available tomorrow? That's the only reason I'd think about trading in my banged up DualShock 3 for one. (I dropped it once and it has a slight knick on it.)

I think your instincts are right, honestly. Keep it professional, don't shadow her for hours and ogle her. You probably wouldn't do that to people doing other jobs, even in your home, right?

You'll probably be fine, though! I totally get you on the "nervous around attractive women" thing, but a bit of nervousness hopefully isn't a big deal for her. If you stay out of her business, she will almost certainly stay out of yours, which will make it easier for both of you.

I think your instincts are right, honestly. Keep it professional, don't shadow her for hours and ogle her. You probably wouldn't do that to people doing other jobs, even in your home, right?

You'll probably be fine, though! I totally get you on the "nervous around attractive women" thing, but a bit of nervousness hopefully isn't a big deal for her. If you stay out of her business, she will almost certainly stay out of yours, which will make it easier for both of you.

Who are you, the fuckin angel on his shoulder? Chewie's instincts got him where he is today. He doesn't need his best friend in the world - the Canadian Gaming Deals thread on NeoGAF - to tell him to trust his instincts. He needs us to give him a good pep talk, a pat on the bum, and send him off to hump that girl like a cheap pillow. Or rather, an expensive, high-quality pillow obtained for a cheap price.

You can do it, Chewie! There's nothing to be gained from acting professionally if you don't have a job. This could be the most contact you ever have with a beautiful woman. Savour it.

i-Jest

I've been waiting to get bloodborne should I just jump the gun on the psn complete edition for 20? I generally prefer physical especially for big releases.

I'd jump on that deal. You can always get the retail version later, when the price is right. Get the DLC as well.

Who are you, the fuckin angel on his shoulder? Chewie's instincts got him where he is today. He doesn't need his best friend in the world - the Canadian Gaming Deals thread on NeoGAF - to tell him to trust his instincts. He needs us to give him a good pep talk, a pat on the bum, and send him off to hump that girl like a cheap pillow. Or rather, an expensive, high-quality pillow obtained for a cheap price.

You can do it, Chewie! There's nothing to be gained from acting professionally if you don't have a job. This could be the most contact you ever have with a beautiful woman. Savour it.

Man, I wasn't saying he should be professional to get a fucking job, I was saying he's right to think he shouldn't fucking CREEP ON WOMEN TRYING TO DO THEIR JOB AS A CLEANER.

Teeth

So don't phrase it creepily. Just let her know you're going to be around the house because it's your "day off" (she doesn't have to know about the fatigue/depression just yet), and ask if you can lend a hand. Tell her you did the cleaning last time and your parents weren't happy with it, so you're looking to pick up a few tips. Be nice, be yourself, don't bother her... but you don't have to leave her alone, or pretend you're unhappy she's around. She might be glad for the extra pair of hands! Not to mention someone (around?) her own age to talk to.

You can do this! We all believe in you, man.

This advice is malice.

Chewie, leave your fucking cleaning lady alone. If she's as attractive as you say she is, she is constantly bombarded by nice guys 'just wanting to help out'. Let her do her job or hire somebody else.

Man, I wasn't saying he should be professional to get a fucking job, I was saying he's right to think he shouldn't fucking CREEP ON WOMEN TRYING TO DO THEIR JOB AS A CLEANER.

Whose side are you even on here? Chewie's young enough that he can afford to make some mistakes. That girl's young enough that she may not even recognize a mistake when she sees one. At a certain point, you just have to roll the dice.

Whose side are you even on here? Chewie's young enough that he can afford to make some mistakes. That girl's young enough that she may not even recognize a mistake when she sees one. At a certain point, you just have to roll the dice.

This is the last post I'll make on the subject, because this isn't the Canadian Deals, Discussion and Sexual Harassment Advice thread. First, no one even said anything about wanting to get with the cleaning lady; that's all you. Second, following around a woman working for you and trying to ogle her isn't some youthful indiscretion, it's harassment. She's not some piece of meat to be won by having the courage to creep on her.

Roto13

This is the last post I'll make on the subject, because this isn't the Canadian Deals, Discussion and Sexual Harassment Advice thread. First, no one even said anything about wanting to get with the cleaning lady; that's all you. Second, following around a woman working for you and trying to ogle her isn't some youthful indiscretion, it's harassment. She's not some piece of meat to be won by having the courage to creep on her.

He's clearly joking

I was hoping to get an NES Classic on Friday but people are worried about stock? I wish stores had taken pre-orders =/

I guess I can keep checking on BB and Walmart's websites at midnight tomorrow (Eastern and Pacific)

chrono01

I was hoping to get an NES Classic on Friday but people are worried about stock? I wish stores had taken pre-orders =/

I guess I can keep checking on BB and Walmart's websites at midnight tomorrow (Eastern and Pacific)
I wish Amazon.ca would give us a date/time like they are in the US. :(

I should have preordered my Pro from EB, friggen BestBuy finally decides to ship it at midnight last night, and all tracking says is "label created" LOL

If it hasn't updated by lunch I'll just grab one elsewhere and ShitBuy can eat their return on Monday. Gotta love how preorders from months in advance can't even be shipped a day early /facepalm

Edit: yup updated to the 14th for delivery, yet I can reserve an online pickup today in store, why the he'll do they even take pre-orders if they ship them so late?!

I slept on the dlc, bought the bundle and am now selling my physical copy so the sale works really well for me

Bronetta

Ask me about the moon landing or the temperature at which jet fuel burns. You may be surprised at what you learn.

Buy it now this is as good as its gonna get. Bloodborne is the type of game you will want to have accessible anytime.

It looks like the gold DualShock 4 comes out near the end of this month (11 days), whereas the silver one just has a filler release date of 12/31/2016.

Mupod

I've been waiting forever for it to go on sale but I keep forgetting to pick up Old Hunters every night. Hopefully I can remember before the sale is over.

killroy87

Any word on whether we're actually getting Black Friday deals?

Some of the US deals are amazing, Titanfall 2 and BF1 for $27, etc. I wonder if we even have a chance at a $49.99 price point for either of those.

I promise you, every store will have a "Black Friday Sale"

How good those sales are, is a whole other story. Black Friday here tends to be less worthwhile than Boxing Day. But there might be a few good things.

suikodan

Any word on whether we're actually getting Black Friday deals?

Some of the US deals are amazing, Titanfall 2 and BF1 for $27, etc. I wonder if we even have a chance at a $49.99 price point for either of those.

Speaking of these, any news about an Amazon BF sale but for digital versions of these games? I'd bite for TF2 at 40$ish CAD, along with others.

Cyndra

Banned
Is the Diablo 3 Battle Chest avaliable anywhere in Canada yet? I want to get a physical copy but don't really want to buy the game and expansion separately.

Moltenix

Those $250 PS4 slim deals in the US sure look nice.

Wonder if we'll see any $50 drop to $330 with a gift card or bonus game too....

The American game deals look crazy. I wish I could get Twilight Princess HD for $25, or even the Canadian equivalent. Bunch of other games at prices I would be willing to pay.

Haines

Banned
I havent followed nes classic sales at all.

Where are we buying them.

My buddy asked me who relies on me for gaming stuff but im just not excited for it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom