• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Canadian Gaming Deals and Discussion Thread 7: More Shipping Talk than Anime & TV GAF

Status
Not open for further replies.
That $8 3DS case I got from Walmart is great. It seems better than those that are double or triple its price.

The other ones they had were awful, and much more expensive.

Now, to find one more.

But why risk buying it used if ttk is a digital code and not in the disk.
For sure there's a risk but I'm 4 for 4 so far with codes unused after I received 3 other different games (cod blops3, halo, gta). Maybe I'm getting lucky. Please don't bla!e me if you get one with the codes redeemed.

Jashobeam

One Piece Burning Blood Marineford Edition PS4 ($169.99) at amazon.ca

easlBFe.jpg

limited to 1 preorder per account, these are really limited, only 5000 made according to this gematsu article.

Samemind

Is the game good? Because the last few ones were prety underwhelming

No clue, I just love One Piece :p

For what it's worth, impressions from demos seem to indicate this game has the most potential depth for a One Piece fighting game, with a bunch of system mechanics and a pretty extensive cast of playable characters. It's also much closer than any other One Piece game to being at Ultimate Ninja Storm levels of polished presentation. imo

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lLZXclASuAM (Spoiler warning if you haven't reached the timeskip, though the entire game is a huge ball of spoilers in that case)

Fularu

Banned
No clue, I just love One Piece :p

For what it's worth, impressions from demos seem to indicate this game has the most potential depth for a One Piece fighting game, with a bunch of system mechanics and a pretty extensive cast of playable characters. It's also much closer than any other One Piece game to being at Ultimate Ninja Storm levels of polished presentation. imo

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lLZXclASuAM (Spoiler warning if you haven't reached the timeskip, though the entire game is a huge ball of spoilers in that case)
Eh, I stopped reading after Fishman island, what a drag that was

Jamaal23

Neo Member
Driveclub (PS4) is on clearance at BestBuy.ca (direct link) for $19.97+tax and is in stock again. Showed six (6) in stock when I just checked.

Also quick question... How do you get the the red bolded text? I've seen that a few times in other people's posts and it definitely helps catch one's eye.

Housh

Canadians that order from Play Asia: is it more likely to need to pay duty on your purchases if you choose the express courier shipping over economy or does it not make a difference?

Lexxism

Canadians that order from Play Asia: is it more likely to need to pay duty on your purchases if you choose the express courier shipping over economy or does it not make a difference?
Yeah. Wherever you buy an item outside Canada and you used a "courier" as your shipping option, you are likely to get hit with absurd brokerage fees from these couriers. As much as possible, choose their cheapest or economy shipping.

I remember my experienced with Play Asia using a FedEx courier with $35 value of the package. It's my first time ordering outside Canada using a courier. I paid $15 fee on it lol Since then I never used a courier. Fuck them.

Housh

Should I buy import games from Play Asia or VGP? VGP seems to be a few dollars more but what would you guys recommend based on your importing experiences.

Clive

Yeah. Wherever you buy an item outside Canada and you used a "courier" as your shipping option, you are likely to get hit with absurd brokerage fees from these couriers. As much as possible, choose their cheapest or economy shipping.

I remember my experienced with Play Asia using a FedEx courier with $35 value of the package. It's my first time ordering outside Canada using a courier. I paid $15 fee on it lol Since then I never used a courier. Fuck them.

This is exactly my experience too. Cheap shipping that comes with Canada Post is very unlikely to cost you extra (never has for me and I import a lot). FedEx will charge you extra every single time.

In their defence though, the couriers are doing their job in accordance with Canadian law.

Bronetta

Ask me about the moon landing or the temperature at which jet fuel burns. You may be surprised at what you learn.
Dunno about these specifically (or figures in general, to be honest), but have you tried Silver Snail?

I called a few places including them and they don't have it. Oh well

mdubs

Banned

I like Nippon-Yasan, have never gotten dinged with them. EMS shipping is fast if you need it quick.

Also Amazon JP sells games now, they will show you the import fees up front and their shipping is stupidly fast and cheaper than EMS (I've ordered manga on a Sunday afternoon and had it arrive on Tuesday via DHL before).

What's the lowest we've seen The Taken King? I've been in the mood to play it lately, but not for $50.

I haven't seen it lower than $50.

$47.99 with Xbox gold.

Still not sure about it as one of the many who quit 6 hours in on the first one and sold it. I read TTK is better but it's unclear from reviews whether there is sufficient 1 player content and if matchmaking with strangers on missions is as easy as the division.

So, still on the fence...

mileS

Huge One Piece fan but no thank you. Can buy the game full pirce and get about 2-3 high quality figures on amazon for a similar price or much cheaper.

Luigi87

Pay us $15 to pay us $100 minimum for a pre-order. I don't like the precedent this is setting. Next all pre-orders will get locked in by their membership system.

Definitely the future of how they will do their hardware pre-orders.

... I'm fine with keeping my business elsewhere of course.

zroid

Banned
Pay us $15 to pay us $100 minimum for a pre-order. I don't like the precedent this is setting. Next all pre-orders will get locked in by their membership system.

The precedent is scary but I don't think it's so bad if EB is the only retailer doing it. Like, I'm sure there's a subset of consumers who don't mind paying a premium to get themselves preferred access to stuff. If those people are okay with it, then go nuts. Everyone else can still shop elsewhere.

Vamphuntr

One Piece Burning Blood Marineford Edition PS4 ($169.99) at amazon.ca

[img.]http://i.imgur.com/easlBFe.jpg[/img]

limited to 1 preorder per account, these are really limited, only 5000 made according to this gematsu article.

Kind of prove as long as it's limited people will buy anything expensive. A figurine of a grave? That's weak.

I remember people in this thread saying they buy exclusive consoles and don't even take them out of their packaging. It's fascinating to me.

I can understand why. Peripherals have a high abandonment rate for preorders. VR costs a lot, and is new technology. They're wary.

khaaan

I'd buy a 32. :(

Same, but that's probably as good a deal as any. I'd like to get one for my PSTV so that maybe I'll actually get some use out of it. What I really want is 128GB though, my 64BG has been filled for I don't know how long.

wow, they're forcing customers to get the bundle and a $100 deposit? I'd just wait until its up on Amazon then

To be fair to EB, I don't think there has been a non-bundle put up for pre-order anywhere thus far. The bundle is the only option for everyone regardless of region.

killroy87

wow, they're forcing customers to get the bundle and a $100 deposit? I'd just wait until its up on Amazon then

The bundle is just the PSVR, it's not exclusive to EB.

And a deposit has been a standard thing they've done with big ticket pre orders forever (in store, at least). Not like it costs you anything extra.

For anyone who is looking for move controllers for playstation VR I just found some at shoppers drug mart for 18.99. Very YMMV but atleast its a good deal, i already have the camera so im not really interested in getting the bundle.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom