• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Canadian Gaming Deals and Discussion Thread 7: More Shipping Talk than Anime & TV GAF

Status
Not open for further replies.
Where can I buy some more PS3 Move controllers for less than the 52 dollars amazon.ca is asking for them?

1- Amazon has none in stock(no shit) and that's just third-party sellers selling them for now.

2- Hunt offline for any store who doesn't give a shit about them YET...

khaaan

Maybe stores or even Sony will offer users reasonable promotions where they can trade in their PS4's for a discount that makes the PS4.5 a reasonable price.....

:(

Elitist1945

Sigh I hope by the time next-gen comes out the CAD isn't still so shitty or else I won't be getting them. Thats a while from now, though, so there's still time.

i-Jest

And REZ

But you can play it on your PS4 without VR, so we're right back to tech demos and promises.

I for one look forward to playing REZ, TxK, and Futuridium in VR but that entry cost is gonna have to be bumped down a good chunk for me to bite, price justified or not.

khaaan

Looking at making a minor splash on this PSN flash sale, any good deals on PSN cards or credit I'm blanking on?

You could spend $50 to get an Amazon gift card and use the promo code to get $10, and then you could use your $10 on a PSN card so you would get $50 for $40. (or $25 for $15, or whatever denominations PSN cards come in)

I don't know whether you can use that credit towards gift cards though.
I also don't know whether you would get the $10 before the flash sale is over. (I got mine within a day or two but the CS rep said it could take up to three days)

PSVR In Store Pre-Orders - EB Games

EB Games will be starting pre-orders in store when the doors open this coming Tuesday morning. Check your location for when they open, locally here that's 9:30am

$100 deposit required (more than the usual $50 for a console in the past)

PSVR In Store Pre-Orders - EB Games

EB Games will be starting pre-orders in store when the doors open this coming Tuesday morning. Check your location for when they open, locally here that's 9:30am

$100 deposit required (more than the usual $50 for a console in the past)

They want that tax money up front!

I'm honestly contemplating travelling to Buffalo and preordering it there.

Kyolux

Where can I buy some more PS3 Move controllers for less than the 52 dollars amazon.ca is asking for them?

You're probably better off with that bundle if you need the move.

I could sell you mines for 40 each. I'd start considering ordering the bundle myself if I knew I could sell my moves.

BadHand

What stores are opening up for preorders Tuesday, I assume EB, BB and Amazon?

On one hand, I would prefer to order from Amazon and have the benefit of not having to put any money down and have ease of cancelling.

On the other, Amazon's shipping damage fiasco with the PS4 units on launch... Plus there's nothing like lining up at a store on launch day waiting for the doors to open (and ensuring it's actually received on day 1)

You're probably better off with that bundle if you need the move.

I could sell you mines for 40 each. I'd start considering ordering the bundle myself if I knew I could sell my moves.

I have the camera already and I'm considering the bundle... don't really want to get any 5 year old units with dodgy batteries.

killroy87

What stores are opening up for preorders Tuesday, I assume EB, BB and Amazon?

On one hand, I would prefer to order from Amazon and have the benefit of not having to put any money down and have ease of cancelling.

On the other, Amazon's shipping damage fiasco with the PS4 units on launch... Plus there's nothing like lining up at a store on launch day waiting for the doors to open (and ensuring it's actually received on day 1)

I have the camera already and I'm considering the bundle... don't really want to get any 5 year old units with dodgy batteries.

The Tuesday date was a Sony blog thing, so I would assume every retailer is then.

jholmes

You could spend $50 to get an Amazon gift card and use the promo code to get $10, and then you could use your $10 on a PSN card so you would get $50 for $40. (or $25 for $15, or whatever denominations PSN cards come in)

I don't know whether you can use that credit towards gift cards though.
I also don't know whether you would get the $10 before the flash sale is over. (I got mine within a day or two but the CS rep said it could take up to three days)

I already did this, good thinking though.

I'm getting the blue for sure, to go with my lunar white and elite controllers. I own 4 xbox one controllers and don't have an xbox one!

If anyone is still looking for the nintendo gamecube controller adapter for the Wii U (that only works on Smash U), it is up on Toys R Us: http://www.toysrus.ca/product/index...36&prodFindSrc=prodCrossSell&refProd=80524876

I'm not sure if it's hard to get anymore, but just in case.

Yeah, the blue looks great. I just wish it had grips. All controllers should if they're priced above the basic $60.

explodet

I for one look forward to playing REZ, TxK, and Futuridium in VR but that entry cost is gonna have to be bumped down a good chunk for me to bite, price justified or not.
Oh yeah, same. I've also got no living room space so that's another entry barrier.

Fularu

Banned
That moment you get a package in the mail and have legitimately no idea what it is inside.

Edit: Oh, it was the Ryu amiibo. ... I actually only ordered to get free shipping with Roy... Who wasn't in the box @_@

Got a mail delivery notification today and I had no idea what it was. then I remembered that Ruy and Roy came out thanks to your post :p

Also for those who care, the PSVR bundle will be up for preorder on monday the 22md at 10 AM EST on amazon.ca

https://www.amazon.ca/dp/B01D3XW206/

PlayStation VR - Available for Pre-order on Tuesday March 22 at 7:00 AM PST (10:00 AM EST)
The PlayStation VR launch bundle will be available for pre-order starting Tuesday March 22, at 7:00 AM PST. Due to limited quantities, purchases will be limited to 1 per customer. Please make sure you've updated your credit card and shipping information to help you move quickly through the checkout process.

EB must not be getting very many PS VRs, since only level 3 and 4 reward members can preorder on Tuesday. Knowing my luck, I won't be able to get one on Amazon or Best Buy either. I guess I should be glad that I won't be blowing $784, but the new hardward rush! I may do something I'll regret and get the NX to fill the void, assuming it comes out this fall.

Fularu

Banned
EB must not be getting very many PS VRs, since only level 3 and 4 reward members can preorder on Tuesday. Knowing my luck, I won't be able to get one on Amazon or Best Buy either. I guess I should be glad that I won't be blowing $784, but the new hardward rush! I may do something I'll regret and get the NX to fill the void, assuming it comes out this fall.

800$ is probably more than getting both home console and portable versions of the NX. That's how stupidly expensive it is for such a weak system (the PS4).

Sony is pricing itself out of the market here in Canada.

kitzkozan

I think most shopper drug mart sell them for $20 (if they have some in stock), and you might luck out and find some stores that sell them 50% off of $20.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom