• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Canadian Gaming Deals and Discussion Thread 7: More Shipping Talk than Anime & TV GAF

Status
Not open for further replies.
The software presented so far is pretty casual I'd say...

It's experimental; a lot of experiences created to try out new things using a technology that developers are still trying to understand. They are pushing limits and figuring out boundaries right now. The games definitely have casual appeal but early tech doesn't instantly ship with marquee experiences. Those usual develop over time and with a better understanding of the technology.

D

Deleted member 126221

Unconfirmed Member
Ugh, I just came to the realization that since I didn't preorder Pokken and Twilight Princess HD during an E3 promo, I'll probably never be able to get them for less than $75-80 +taxes. I think since the Wii U's launch, I never paid more than $45 for a release. Coming back to reality hurts. :(

Luigi87

That moment you get a package in the mail and have legitimately no idea what it is inside.

Edit: Oh, it was the Ryu am**bo. ... I actually only ordered to get free shipping with Roy... Who wasn't in the box @_@

Sealtest

That moment you get a package in the mail and have legitimately no idea what it is inside.

I remember you having interest in the spider-gwen Marvel legends figure, My LCBS just told me middle of the next month he should be getting his shipments in. So hopefully you'll be able to find one around then.

Luigi87

I remember you having interest in the spider-gwen Marvel legends figure, My LCBS just told me middle of the next month he should be getting his shipments in. So hopefully you'll be able to find one around then.

!!
Thank you!
I've been constantly checking Walmarts and still nothing (actually they only just started carrying the Legends series from last October).

I need to find her @_@

CRA5H

Best Buy seriously ships out my order with a half opened box, kept together using masking tape. I open it up and of of my orders has a rip in it.. even worst is that it was the Ryu Amiibo I wanted to keep and display in box.

Is it even worth it to sent a complaint email?

Xaero Gravity

NEXT LEVEL lame™

Edit: Oh, it was the Ryu am**bo. ... I actually only ordered to get free shipping with Roy... Who wasn't in the box @_@
Lol that happened to me. For some reason they shipped my Roy and Ryu A****os in separate boxes.

Returners

Best Buy seriously ships out my order with a half opened box, kept together using masking tape. I open it up and of of my orders has a rip in it.. even worst is that it was the Ryu Amiibo I wanted to keep and display in box.

Call. State exact that.

I think it's going to be in abundant supply. Maybe return it to a store and ask for an exchange. If you don't want to say you wanted to keep it in a box for your collection just say it was a gift for someone and you can't give it in its current condition.

Luigi87

Absolutely complain.
It could have been potentially shipped from a store near you (as opposed to a warehouse, as this is a new system that was was started), but there are set guidelines on what can and cannot be shipped, and how things need to be shipped.

Absolutely complain.
It could have been potentially shipped from a store near you (as opposed to a warehouse, as this is a new system that was was started), but there are set guidelines on what can and cannot be shipped, and how things need to be shipped.

Really?

Luigi87

Yes.
In order to expedite orders. However there are rules of how things must be packaged, and there must be zero damage to the original packaging
(IE: amiibo MUST be in new condition and shipped in cardboard boxes)

It's called Ship from Store. It was supposed to start last year (it's even on their site via PR release), but didn't really kick off until rather recently.

Jamaal23

Neo Member
Ugh, I just came to the realization that since I didn't preorder Pokken and Twilight Princess HD during an E3 promo, I'll probably never be able to get them for less than $75-80 +taxes. I think since the Wii U's launch, I never paid more than $45 for a release. Coming back to reality hurts. :(

I apparently have an extra Pokken being delivered today. Pretty sure as part of Best Buy's last 20% off pre-order promotion. Also have an extra Twilight Princess HD, which I believe was part of Best Buy's 30% off Cyber Monday pre-order promotion. Think they were listed at $74.99 and $79.99 before discount, respectively.

If you're in the Ottawa region then let me know and I'll double-check my invoices and hold off on returning the extras to the store.

Bronetta

Ask me about the moon landing or the temperature at which jet fuel burns. You may be surprised at what you learn.
I apparently have an extra Pokken being delivered today. Pretty sure as part of Best Buy's last 20% off pre-order promotion. Also have an extra Twilight Princess HD, which I believe was part of Best Buy's 30% off Cyber Monday pre-order promotion. Think they were listed at $74.99 and $79.99 before discount, respectively.

If you're in the Ottawa region then let me know and I'll double-check my invoices and hold off on returning the extras to the store.

I'm in Toronto and wouldn't mind paying for shipping depending on how much you want for both of those.

Edit: Just did the math. It's $130+ for both after taxes. I'll pass.

CRA5H

Call. State exact that.

I think it's going to be in abundant supply. Maybe return it to a store and ask for an exchange. If you don't want to say you wanted to keep it in a box for your collection just say it was a gift for someone and you can't give it in its current condition.

Absolutely complain.

Calling in now. Should I expect to get reimbursement?

D

Deleted member 126221

Unconfirmed Member

Thanks! That's super generous of you, but I can't really afford those right now even with a discount anyway. With a bit of luck, maybe they'll be part of the "Nintendo Selects" one day, who knows?

ap_bostombombsquad_3f-660x826.jpg

Mupod

when I was moving at the beginning of the month I found an unopened mystery package from god knows how long ago. It ended up being a club nintendo poster from like 2013. Legitimately do not remember ever ordering or receiving that.

diaspora

What's the limit of the $50 giftcard Amazon deal? It seems like almost a global application if getting 20% off depending on the number of cards you buy.

diaspora

Took me like half a day before I received the $10 off. Btw, it will expire by May 16 tho
I figured as much. If I don't get it in a few hours I'll contact them. It said the code was OK and when I edited the order it said it was invalid when I reentered it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom