• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Canadian Gaming Deals and Discussion Thread 7: More Shipping Talk than Anime & TV GAF

Status
Not open for further replies.

khaaan

I got an email from Amazon.ca this morning saying I could pre-order PSVR.

Edit: Sorry guys, I'm a liar.

Edit Edit: Available to pre-order tomorrow @ 10 AM EST.

PlayStation VR - Available for Pre-order on Tuesday March 22 at 7:00 AM PST (10:00 AM EST)
The PlayStation VR launch bundle will be available for pre-order starting Tuesday March 22, at 7:00 AM PST. Due to limited quantities, purchases will be limited to 1 per customer. Please make sure you've updated your credit card and shipping information to help you move quickly through the checkout process.

lupinko

The Life is Strange Limited Edition for PS4 is $30 right now on Amazon. It's out of stock but you can still order it if you click on the "compare offers" link on the product page (which I linked to).
Does this come in bilingual packaging? Or English only?
i prefer the latter because they're usually lazy and end up making it cluttered for bilingual packaging.

suikodan

Anyone knows if Amazon will have Stranger of Sword City after all? I got emails from them saying that they don't know if they'll get it but I usually ignore those because they get the stock after all.

Fularu

Banned
Anyone knows if Amazon will have Stranger of Sword City after all? I got emails from them saying that they don't know if they'll get it but I usually ignore those because they get the stock after all.
Which version? They had the Vita LE for a while and you can preorder the Vita regular edition just fine

TheOMan

Tagged as I see fit
I think most shopper drug mart sell them for $20 (if they have some in stock), and you might luck out and find some stores that sell them 50% off of $20.

Thanks, I'll check them out!

Edit: I'm thinking I'm gonna get the bundle and I'll give the camera I already have to my brother.

Not gaming related, but is the Sony RX100 for $200 a good deal? It's won a lot of awards, but it's almost 4 years old at this point.

EDIT: Sorry, should've specified it's used and from a local site.

NYR

9.7 inch iPad Pro Pricing:

WiFi
32GB - $799.00
128GB - $999.00
256GB - $1,199.00

Wi-Fi + Cellular
32GB - $979.00
128GB - $1,179.00
256GB - $1,379.00

Basically priced at a 75 cent loonie.

Housh

bummed there was no refresh of the MacBook line, I'm in the market for a new Air or Pro in the next few months
Everyone is saying the laptops will be announced during the June event. I hope so too cause I'm waiting on the new Pros.

fuck ebgames.

Ps4 launch day i was first in line and they made me buy that card in order to stay first otherwise i would be bumped back 40 people.

Same thing happened to me, but I didnt want the card so I was then line jumped by 22 people as they flashed their platinum cards to skip ahead.

Elitist1945

Any deals for Rainbow Six on PC? Saw the Gold Edition on Best Buy's website for $60 but of course its not available online or at my local store lol.

kingwingin

Tomorrow im going to attempt to pre order the psvr on amazon but my credit card will expire in september.

Will they allow me to use it to pre order? If they do will it be difficult to change later on? Ive heard of people losing orders by doing that but not sure if it was amazon

Elitist1945

Tomorrow im going to attempt to pre order the psvr on amazon but my credit card will expire in september.

Will they allow me to use it to pre order? If they do will it be difficult to change later on? Ive heard of people loaing orders by doing that but not sure if it was amazon

It'll be fine as long as you change it before it ships and charges you. To change it you'll need to contact customer support, or at least thats what I had to do previously.

Renewed

You can just access your order on amazon and manually change the credit card info.

The standalone PSVR is "currently unavailable for pre-order." Once they've dealt with this wave of preorders for the bundle, they'll probably give details on the standalone version.

poodpick

*hugs amazon $71.99 + 30% E3 discount pre-order*

It would've been $60 for me with the 8% discount which would only be around $3 more expensive then my amazon 30% off order. I wanted to play it right away @ 60 fps rather than wait for it to me mailed :S

univbee

fuck me the price of dark souls 3 went up to 79.99 on steam. Should have bought it as soon as I cancelled my amazon order.

Damn.

Incidentally, the bundle which includes the Season Pass got raised but the Season Pass on its own didn't, making it actually cheaper to buy the vanilla game and Season Pass separately. Likely the Season Pass price will be jacked up too before long.

Canon

Banned
Does the Final Fantasy Type-0 HD FF 15 demo code still work? I know it says it expired but I wonder if they have removed it from store yet.

I will not open my sealed copy if it doesnt

That's fair.

Can't say those prices are that easy to stomach but the Pencil really is a gamechanger. Can't recommend it enough, effortless to use and charge, and it turns the iPad into the perfect drawing / note taking / scribbling machine.

(Also, I'm suffering TV-itis in that the 9.7" size now seems "quaint" and the 12" display seems normal...)

Shoeless

Sony's press release said that only the bundle will be available for pre-order.

Isn't this more of a wait-and-see thing? I was under the impression, at least for the way it's working the USA, that the initial wave of pre-orders is going to be that full bundle, but eventually the headset only bundle was also going to be available for pre-order.

Sony's press release said that only the bundle will be available for pre-order.

Their initial blog post suggested that but there has been new information suggesting that the standalone unit will go on preorder at a later date.

I am still going to preorder tomorrow, just in case.

sikkinixx

Can't say those prices are that easy to stomach but the Pencil really is a gamechanger. Can't recommend it enough, effortless to use and charge, and it turns the iPad into the perfect drawing / note taking / scribbling machine.

(Also, I'm suffering TV-itis in that the 9.7" size now seems "quaint" and the 12" display seems normal...)

If it came with the pencil I wouldn't feel as gouged. Having to shell out $330 for the extras, on top of a $1000 for the iPad? I'm die hard Apple guy but I've reached where I just can't anymore.

Shoeless

Their initial blog post suggested that but there has been new information suggesting that the standalone unit will go on preorder at a later date.

I am still going to preorder tomorrow, just in case.

This is also my plan, though I don't know whether there will be any available by the time I get around to being able to place an order. How many Canadians will find that price too scary to deal with, versus the ones that have reading William Gibson since the 80s and are chomping at the bit to get this?

killroy87

I'm a big fan of my iPhone and iPad Air, but if I were looking for a tablet that went farther with the whole pen/keyboard setup, I'd go for a Surface.

But... why? Dollar is down, game cost goes up... dollar is up, game cost goes.... up? I knew I should have got in at $62 CAD. Such garbage.

Pricing really does become fairly random in the spans of time that our dollar is weak.

I got in on that 61.17$ steam preorder, sure glad I did now.

For those interested in No Man's Sky, that's currently 66.49 on Steam and could certainly go up just as Dark Souls did.

soultron

Banned
Probably going to grab a iPhone SE and activate it on WIND. Love my Xperia Z3C (it's definitely my favourite phone, out of the handful I've owned), but I'm interesting in trying out iOS for the first time ever.

The .75 CAD MSRP isn't bad.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom