• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Canadian Gaming Deals and Discussion Thread 7: More Shipping Talk than Anime & TV GAF

Status
Not open for further replies.

chrono01

It still being available at BestBuy worries me that they might be over-selling. Or maybe they're getting a larger allocation than Amazon? Regardless, I cancelled my BestBuy pre-order and am going with Amazon.

Sealtest

Ugh I told myself I wouldnt buy it.. I dont even need the bundle I already have the camera and move controls! But my mind was on 3d boobies!

Luigi87

lol, I forgot to check this thread and missed it on Amazon. BB still has it listed, but... Eh, I should pass.

I need to see this year's E3. If Nintendo does the surprising and announces NX for this year (breaking the 5 year cycle) then that's where my money will go, otherwise... Well time shall tell.

I changed mine from standard to two-day, by hitting the "Change" option under "Shipping speed" in my order details.

3ifWVqSl.png

Yeah, I don't see the change option. I even tried mobile site and their app. Let's see what happens.

EDIT: Page updated. Thanks y'all!

farisr

My amazon preordering experience was a frantic one.

I had apparently somehow signed into an old amazon account while making the order (even though I was signed in to the correct one prior, when I clicked on preorder it asked me to sign in again), had to go through a ton of clicks and repeated questions of "want 2 day free shipping" "try this survey" "want 2 day free shipping". Was in such a rush to place the order, that I didn't realize I had another item in the cart which was ridiculously overpriced from a 3rd party seller.

When the order went through I was like "why is this order $850+?"

Tried cancelling the item and it would keep on directing me to email a seller. I sent an email out requesting a cancellation but was afraid it wouldn't go through.
Thankfully, the regular cancel option started working a few minutes later and I cancelled that specific item out of the order.

\They're the worst. It'll ship to you. There's no way to cancel after the first hour or so.

Thanks, I'll stick with my BB pre order.

Is it easy to cancel with Best Buy? No deposit upfront either?

You can cancel at anytime online before shipping and there is no deposit. Just make sure you don't have the pre order grouped with another item that would be shipping before hand. You have to make a call to BB to have it cancelled.

Super pumped for VR, but I'll have to be crafty with DOAX.
GF: "Whatcha playin?"
Me: "It's a horror game. Makes you feel like you're in a haunted house. Wanna try..."
GF: "Nope!"
*continues to interact with fake women instead of real ones*

Fularu

Banned
Me: "It's a horror game. Makes you feel like you're in a haunted house. Wanna try..."
So you're telling us Ayane isn't your GF?

Ok I clearly missed something. Why is DOAX3 being brought up all the time when people talk about PSVR. Has it been announced that the game is compatible? I read something this morning about exclusive content. What have I missed?

Shoeless

You're going to have to make sure that splitter box isn't actually plugged into your TV for that to work.

I guess I know now that even in Canada, the demand is pretty big for this. I didn't get around to looking at Amazon.ca until about 11 am, and of course it was already all gone by then. Quite surprised, I figured the $700 price tag would scare Canadians off, but it looks like it did nothing.

Ok I clearly missed something. Why is DOAX3 being brought up all the time when people talk about PSVR. Has it been announced that the game is compatible? I read something this morning about exclusive content. What have I missed?

It was announced that the game was going to have some kind of VR functionality patched into it.

PSVR REMINDER

On Tuesday March 29th at 10:00am EST all the same retailers will have the core bundle available for $549.99.

So if you missed out today there are still options. I got the bundle on Amazon USA and Canada and will pre-order the core bundle as well on both to see where the dollar ends up by October. Currently USA is cheaper.

Anth0ny

PSVR REMINDER

On Tuesday March 29th at 10:00am EST all the same retailers will have the core bundle available for $549.99.

So if you missed out today there are still options. I got the bundle on Amazon USA and Canada and will pre-order the core bundle as well on both to see where the dollar ends up by October. Currently USA is cheaper.

cool.

does buying everything separate (camera and move controllers) come out to cheaper than $699?

PSVR REMINDER

This is the order I desirably want. The bundle didn't cut it for me since I already own all the key components, but I will hold on to it just in case I fail to preorder the core bundle.

cool.

does buying everything separate (camera and move controllers) come out to cheaper than $699?

It depends. Yes if you find Moves and Cameras on sale or used for cheap but it seems prices online went up and demand will go up. Plus we don't know if Playstation Worlds is a full game or just a bundled game so we don't know the value.

This is the order I desirably want. The bundle didn't cut it for me since I already own all the key components, but I will hold on to it just in case I fail to preorder the core bundle.

Yeah same, I have 2 moves, 2 navigation controllers and the PS4 Camera, I couldn't care any less about the pack in "game". If I end up with the bundle because I miss the core unit I will just sell all my moves/controllers/camera.

You're going to have to make sure that splitter box isn't actually plugged into your TV for that to work.

I was thinking simply changing the input would allow her to just watch whatever and not affect what's being displayed on the headset.

I'm going to try for the Core as well. My dad was super into PS Move for a bit so he has some controllers I can steal and I'm hoping E3 deals will provide savings on the Worlds game so everything could be a bit cheaper going that route.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom