• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Canadian Gaming Deals and Discussion Thread 7: More Shipping Talk than Anime & TV GAF

Status
Not open for further replies.

Bronetta

Ask me about the moon landing or the temperature at which jet fuel burns. You may be surprised at what you learn.
Damn dude gonna have to contain your excitement there with those too of the page gifs. Wouldn't wanna see you catch a ban.

Luigi87

So finally get around to emailing EB to cancel that Overwatch
($0 lol)
order that I had bundled with KH2.8 HD. I even request via the order number.

Well my shipment is now "Partially Cancelled" and the email response I got only cancelled KH2.8 HD

-_-

Fularu

Banned
So finally get around to emailing EB to cancel that Overwatch
($0 lol)
order that I had bundled with KH2.8 HD. I even request via the order number.

Well my shipment is now "Partially Cancelled" and the email response I got only cancelled KH2.8 HD

-_-

SHould order from Amazon :p

Where is the best place to preorder PSVR I wonder, Both BB and Amazon opening up preorders at 7am.

Amazon is probably going to handle the load of a server rush just fine but unless you pay for decent shipping you won't get it on release. Best Buy is a lot better when it comes to shipping.

I would tell people to lean towards Best Buy but just do both if you really aren't sure and cancel one later.

killroy87

Got one on Amazon! Gotta walk to work, if best buy is still available I'll try there too.

Edit: Got Best Buy too! Sweet, can decide which to cancel later

Amazon USA - $539.36 (with tax)

Amazon Canada - $790.99 (with tax)

USA is $85 cheaper with the current exchange, if the dollar gets better then it will be even cheaper. I shipped it to a border store, so if I am in the USA long enough I won't have to pay any duty either.

Probably will get it from Amazon USA, especially if the dollar rises by the end of October.

chrono01

I have one pre-ordered from both websites, but I'm going to cancel my BestBuy one and hope for a pricing mistake from Amazon.

Hey, a man can dream.

farisr

I have one pre-ordered from both websites, but I'm going to cancel my BestBuy one and hope for a pricing mistake from Amazon.

Hey, a man can dream.

Haha, I made an order on both for a similar reason. Hoping for a price mistake from amazon. Will cancel the amazon order just before it ships though if there's no price mistake. No price difference means I prefer to get one from a retail store like bestbuy due to returns and what not.

Fularu

Banned
Haha, I made an order on both for a similar reason. Hoping for a price mistake from amazon. Will cancel the amazon order just before it ships though if there's no price mistake. No price difference means I prefer to get one from a retail store like bestbuy due to returns and what not.
Return are so much better with Amazon and if your box is dented or something due to poor packaging, you'll probably even get a partial refund

chrono01

Return are so much better with Amazon and if your box is dented or something due to poor packaging, you'll probably even get a partial refund
Yeah, returns from Amazon is super-simple.

I placed a pre-order from both stores, since BB had theirs up first (and still do, apparently), but I prefer Amazon for the aforementioned possible pricing errors. I noticed that I accidentally chose standard shipping for my Amazon.ca pre-order. If I were to change it now, would it impact my place in line? I've heard of it having some negative affects post-pre-order (with Limited Edition items), so I'll just keep my standard shipping even if it means waiting a few more days.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom