• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Canadian Gaming Deals and Discussion Thread 7: More Shipping Talk than Anime & TV GAF

Status
Not open for further replies.
So I loaded up walmart's preorder page for PSVR and added it to the cart but never went through with putting my visa info in, got cold feet and decided to wait til after it released...

But I just got an email from noreply@walmart.com :

Good morning.

Thank you for your recent advance purchase of PlaystationVR Launch Bundle. Given that this is an advance purchase, our systems show that this item is currently out of stock, triggering an e-mail advising that the order will be cancelled in three days, if the item does become available again.

Please be assured that your order will not be cancelled and that this e-mail was sent in error. Your order has been placed and will be fulfilled when the PlaystationVR is released on October 31, 2016.

If you require any further assistance, please contact our customer service team at 1-800-328-0402 between 8:00am – 10:00pm, 7 days a week.

Kindest regards,

Bonni Poch

Manager, Online Customer Experience

Has this happened to anyone else? Doesn't walmart require credit card info and submission before it locks you into the preorder? I'm actually not mad at all that I've got one on hold but I wanted to see of GAF if this has happened to anyone else in the past.

Edit: It's actually still just sitting in my cart. hmm..

krae_man

It's amazon ca, so he's probably expecting to to ship in a week or two lol.

Mine hasn't shipped yet. I let a rep know their policy of "you didn't pay for prime so we're going to intentionally delay your shipment" is BS. Rep lied and said that's not what's happening:lol

killroy87

Mine hasn't shipped yet. I let a rep know their policy of "you didn't pay for prime so we're going to intentionally delay your shipment" is BS. Rep lied and said that's not what's happening:lol

I've had that same argument with them. Their shipping times are bullshit because they aren't talking about how quick a shipping method they're using (which is what you would assume: higher shipping price means more expensive mail option), but instead how long they wait until they actually ship it out.

They were forced to do this to justify Prime, because years ago their free shipping method would get everyone their products in a very good time frame. The competency of Canada Post worked against them, so they're forced to hold items back for people with free shipping. It is 100% what is going on, it has to be.

Murdamonk

Had anyone bought the Hori RAP4 from amazon.ca recently? Is it still Kuro's buttons or is it with the new Hayabusa buttons?

On amazon.com, they have the newer model already (Hayabusa buttons). But on amazon.ca the description still says Kuros.

I already have the TES+ and the TE2+, but i am thinking of changing the TES+ for the Hori RAP4 (for the xinput).

What do you guys think?

I just spent $104 on DOAX3. First full price game I've bought in over 2 years. What am I doing with my life.

Meh. I've had some money sitting in my Paypal account for quite a while now. I bought the PS4 and Vita versions. The game is just TOO ridiculous to not have in my liabrary.

Dazzler

Been trying to trade in some PS4 games in Vancouver the last day or so and it's an absolute chore

Went to Best Buy at 6.01 last night and they shot me down because you aren't allowed accept trade-ins in Vancouver after 6pm. It was literally 6.01, that is no exaggeration.

Went to EB Games on lunch and dude wouldn't accept my BC Services card as ID because "it doesn't have the ID number on the front" (it was on the back) he claimed it was "pawn shop rules"

What an absolute pain in the ass

krae_man

Been trying to trade in some PS4 games in Vancouver the last day or so and it's an absolute chore

Went to Best Buy at 6.01 last night and they shot me down because you aren't allowed accept trade-ins in Vancouver after 6pm. It was literally 6.01, that is no exaggeration.

Went to EB Games on lunch and dude wouldn't accept my BC Services card as ID because "it doesn't have the ID number on the front" (it was on the back) he claimed it was "pawn shop rules"

Pawn laws are no joke. You don't want to mess with them.

iiicon

It's a pain. I tend to go out of my way and trade at either Metrotown or Brentwood because of this.

killroy87

Also, I know from a previous time trading stuff in that they aren't allowed sell the games for 40 days, which is NUTS

That one (along with the rest) is an unfortunate bylaw. I'm sure they hate that more than anyone. If someone plows through, say, The Division in less than a week and trades it in, EB has zero desire to just sit on it for a month and half, only to put it up for sale after all the demand has died down.

mdubs

Banned
Also, I know from a previous time trading stuff in that they aren't allowed sell the games for 40 days, which is NUTS

At least you can do trade ins, most of York Region banned them more than 10 years ago. Markham you have to apply for a license exemption, so Best Buy hasn't bothered. They can't give real money either here, only credit.

killroy87

At least you can do trade ins, most of York Region banned them more than 10 years ago. Markham you have to apply for a license exemption, so Best Buy hasn't bothered. They can't give real money either here, only credit.

No stores that I know of, other than actual pawn shops, give cash. Store credit only.

Anyone know any good midrange phones? I don't wanna lose my deal so I gotta pay for the full price of a new phone. Right now I'm considering the Sony M4 Aqua and the Nexus 5x.

Anyone know any good midrange phones? I don't wanna lose my deal so I gotta pay for the full price of a new phone. Right now I'm considering the Sony M4 Aqua and the Nexus 5x.

Get the Nexus. Android updates are pushed to Nexus devices ASAP, while Sony spins its wheels.

There's a giant thread on RFD on the LG G3 (2014 flagship). Basically, by trading in an old phone, getting a referral, and then paying off your tab and cancelling after 90 days, you pay about $100-150.

Rbk_3

Google sent an update to fix the 5x which would slow down after a while. I returned mine and kept my IP6, but it was solid until it slowed down on me.

SickBoy

Moto X Play is nice too.

Yeah, if you're buying with a plan it's a contender. I know on some carriers (such as Bell), it's compatible with cheaper plans. If battery life is a chief concern, maybe it's better than simply a contender.

Paying outright, I'd say the Nexus is a tough value to beat right now (depending on your feelings about battery life).

There are some other good phones for decent prices these days, like the G3 and I hear the ASUS Zenphone is pretty good buy, too. All in all, it's not a bad time to be in the market for a phone, even with the crappy dollar.

(Speaking of which, the iPhone SE is a compelling device to me at $399US. Too bad they're selling it for $579 here. Something like a $40US premium)

SickBoy

Anyone have any experience cancelling a Best Buy order that's had promotionally-priced stuff ship already?

I have a copy of Quantum Break ordered as the second item in a two-item order (preorder 2, get 20% off). I would normally tote it back to the store, but I'm curious about whether that'll be a pain in the butt due to the preorder bonuses (Steelbook, American Nightmare code).

...of course, there's no easy way to cancel the order via the website right now as it's in progress. Any suggestions about the better way to go?

(Reason I'm cancelling is Amazon finally listed it, and I'm naturally happier with 30% off).

Anyone have any experience cancelling a Best Buy order that's had promotionally-priced stuff ship already?

I have a copy of Quantum Break ordered as the second item in a two-item order (preorder 2, get 20% off). I would normally tote it back to the store, but I'm curious about whether that'll be a pain in the butt due to the preorder bonuses (Steelbook, American Nightmare code).

...of course, there's no easy way to cancel the order via the website right now as it's in progress. Any suggestions about the better way to go?

(Reason I'm cancelling is Amazon finally listed it, and I'm naturally happier with 30% off).

call customer service to cancel, especially when one of the items in your order has already shipped.

Where's the cheapest place to get a DSi/3DS/N3DS charger? I realized I'll need to pick one up, because, due to my OCD, I won't be able to use the one I have for my travel 3DS and clean (stay in drawer) one.

I got the one I have at Target, but that's obviously not possible now. It was about $13-14, whereas Walmart wanted $20 or something like that. But I haven't seen any at Walmart.

No_Style

Where's the cheapest place to get a DSi/3DS/N3DS charger? I realized I'll need to pick one up, because, due to my OCD, I won't be able to use the one I have for my travel 3DS and clean (stay in drawer) one.

I got the one I have at Target, but that's obviously not possible now. It was about $13-14, whereas Walmart wanted $20 or something like that. But I haven't seen any at Walmart.

Walmart and Amazon have the official Nintendo ones for $14.96.

Bestbuy has the same one for $20

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom