• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Canadian Gaming Deals and Discussion Thread 7: More Shipping Talk than Anime & TV GAF

Status
Not open for further replies.
It depends. Yes if you find Moves and Cameras on sale or used for cheap but it seems prices online went up and demand will go up. Plus we don't know if Playstation Worlds is a full game or just a bundled game so we don't know the value.

Yeah same, I have 2 moves, 2 navigation controllers and the PS4 Camera, I couldn't care any less about the pack in "game". If I end up with the bundle because I miss the core unit I will just sell all my moves/controllers/camera.

Wait...navigation controllers? What's that?

Renewed

So, ordering DOAX3 off PSN, how does that work?

Where do I get the funds and which store do I use?

I know you'd want the multi-language one. I imagine it should be on Hong Kong PSN?

For starters I haven't seen it on JPN PSN. Looking at HK PSN I don't see it there either. Maybe it'll go up when the game is actually released?

If it's Vita, I believe region changing is a bit of a mess and you have to mess with your memory card. For PS4 it's easy enough. You can find sites to buy digital PSN cards for the region (I know play-asia has JPN and HK PSN cards, you can search Google for others).

Anth0ny

Probably not if you include the VR Worlds game. But if you can find deals/used accessories and don't care about the game, probably.

It depends. Yes if you find Moves and Cameras on sale or used for cheap but it seems prices online went up and demand will go up. Plus we don't know if Playstation Worlds is a full game or just a bundled game so we don't know the value.

I see. I know a bunch of people who would probably just give me their old, dusty move controllers for free. It's the camera that presents an issue. Looks like bestbuy.ca has it for $70. That's not too bad. does anyone know anywhere it's cheaper? used is fine.

VR Worlds doesn't look that appealing to me, either.

killroy87

I see. I know a bunch of people who would probably just give me their old, dusty move controllers for free. It's the camera that presents an issue. Looks like bestbuy.ca has it for $70. That's not too bad. does anyone know anywhere it's cheaper? used is fine.

VR Worlds doesn't look that appealing to me, either.

At this point, you'd have to get lucky to find a Camera/Move controllers on the cheap. Stores pretty much have no reason to put them on sale before PSVR launches, and I'm sure Craigslist is picked clean.

Past

Why does the bundle come with two moves controllers? Do you really need two controllers to fully use VR with move?

Not surprised at the demand. The production numbers won't be that big, and there are scalpers buying them up as well. October is only two months away from Christmas and while little Jimmy shouldn't expect one under the tree, it can make a good gift option for older gamers.

I mean, people line up every year for the newest iPhones which cost almost $1000.

i-Jest

Not surprised at the demand. The production numbers won't be that big, and there are scalpers buying them up as well. October is only two months away from Christmas and while little Jimmy shouldn't expect one under the tree, it can make a good gift option for older gamers.

I mean, people line up every year for the newest iPhones which cost almost $1000.

I suppose be can expect stock levels to be like PS4 the first year and a half after launch. The scarcity and thirst are gonna be real.

People STILL camp out for iPhones? Are preorders online and in-store not an option?

I know you'd want the multi-language one. I imagine it should be on Hong Kong PSN?

For starters I haven't seen it on JPN PSN. Looking at HK PSN I don't see it there either. Maybe it'll go up when the game is actually released?

If it's Vita, I believe region changing is a bit of a mess and you have to mess with your memory card. For PS4 it's easy enough. You can find sites to buy digital PSN cards for the region (I know play-asia has JPN and HK PSN cards, you can search Google for others).

Definitely PS4. Vita is a mess for region and dlc.

Guess I will just wait for the game to be available and the hit up play Asia if everything looks good.

I'm pretty sure a large share of North American iphone purchases are still contract upgrades, so suggesting everyone is ponying up a grand is a bit much. But still, a phone is a lifestyle device which makes it far more useful than PSVR.

People STILL camp out for iPhones? Are preorders online and in-store not an option?

Rarely, if ever. Apple has the system to do it but opted not to. I can remember when the iPad 1 was something you could preorder, but now it's really based on the product and how much Apple thinks it will sell. If there's not enough supply, they won't have a preorder.

Fularu

Banned

People spend 1k on phones because they use them daily for hours. It's as much a tool as an entertainement device.

That's definitely not the same for the VR headsets

Returners

Next Tuesday, 10 AM.

Core Unit. $549.99

I'm wondering if the Move controllers themselves would be updated.

Talking specifically about the switch from Mini USB to Micro USB which are all the accessories on PS4 use now.

If so I just might bite, but then again, the camera + 2 move controllers isn't worth the extra 150 regardless.

Is Playstation VR Worlds disc going to be included in the core unit?

I'm wondering if the Move controllers themselves would be updated.

Talking specifically about the switch from Mini USB to Micro USB which are all the accessories on PS4 use now.

If so I just might bite, but then again, the camera + 2 move controllers isn't worth the extra 150 regardless.

Is Playstation VR Worlds disc going to be included in the core unit?

PS Worlds is not included with Core as far as I know.

killroy87

So that's confirmed? I would assume so since they're not bundled with the initial bundle.

I would too. Devs can add nunchuk functionality if they want, but considering Sony isn't including it in their bundle, they can't assume players will have them. Support for it will be incredibly minimal, if at all.

So that's confirmed? I would assume so since they're not bundled with the initial bundle.

It's been said that they could be used but we haven't seen it beyond this...

project-morpheus-first-person-shooter-1.jpg

I found one used for $5 at EB so I bought it just in case.

Heads up, TRACKMANIA TURBO for PS4 is up on PSN as a demo. If you download the demo, and select a feature the demo doesn't offer, it asks you to upgrade to the full version. It charges $39.99. THIS IS THE US PRICE. Canadian price is $49.99. Jump on it before it's fixed, it's not on the store proper yet and can only be gotten by downloading the demo and upgrading!

Heads up, TRACKMANIA TURBO for PS4 is up on PSN as a demo. If you download the demo, and select a feature the demo doesn't offer, it asks you to upgrade to the full version. It charges $39.99. THIS IS THE US PRICE. Canadian price is $49.99. Jump on it before it's fixed, it's not on the store proper yet and can only be gotten by downloading the demo and upgrading!

Sony's weekly price fubar.

krae_man

Unless you have it already preordered for $44.99-30% :p

SRG01

Never even heard of that brand. Are they any good?

Mushkin generally sells RAM (edit: and other components). I believe this particular SSD uses MLC and a sandforce controller?

Edit: Also keep in mind that this SSD was literally $285 or so last week, and that was already a new low. Prices are going down really fast these days.

F4r0_Atak

It's a glitch on the website. Your final total won't have the shipping charge.

You sure? Because I just wanted to 40$ worth of PSN card as digital codes. :/

EDIT: When should I receive my codes too? Does it take 1 to 2 days like Costco to be sent?
EDIT. 2: Are there taxes when you buy PSN cards as Digital codes with Staples?

EDIT. 3: It's okay. No tax, no shipping fees. :p

MarkusRJR

So I bought some things on Xbox's Spring Sale and since they were apparently having issues purchasing on their servers, it double charged me. I talked to support and they refunded everything instead of just the one double charged movie. Yet for some reason now that their servers are working, it's telling me the games and movies are on my account. I double checked my account history and it says they were refunded, so I'm not sure why my xbox is telling me I can download/watch them. I don't want to get my account flagged or something, and I want to actually own them before the sale ends.

Does anyone know if it'll take a few days to process (and then be purchaseable) or am I unable to buy them forever now (and get my account flagged or something for accessing the stuff I bought and got refunded)?

isny

napkin dispenser
Hmm, wondering if I'll have trouble using the iphone SE with Wind if I buy it in the states. Or are the band problems only for those who use LTE and not for AWS 3G?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom