• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Canadian Gaming Deals and Discussion Thread 7: More Shipping Talk than Anime & TV GAF

Status
Not open for further replies.

zroid

Banned
I'm pretty sure my FE: Fates SE is lost. It's been stuck in Richmond as "Shipment picked up by Canada Post" since last week. I'm so sad.

(Doing my part in living up to the thread title!)

why does this always happen to you D:

the shipping gods were angered somehow

Enilced2

Anyone know if FE special edition and new 3ds FE edition are going to be restocked? So many rumours online...and back orders...and cancelled in store orders.

Very annoyed that it's so difficult to get a certain company to take my $340.

I hope so, I ordered a new 3DS FE edition Friday to replace my old 3ds. Showed in stock when I ordered it, showed in stock all weekend then still hadn't shipped Monday afternoon so I called, it was still showing in stock and I get told it is on backorder nothing they can do even though it still said in stock at that time. Grrr finally ready to upgrade and I can't find anyone to take my money

DJ_Lae

Crap, I forgot to cancel my Pokemon 3DS and now it's on route.

I'll have to figure out what to tag the return, as I 'ordered by mistake' probably won't net me free return shipping.

BTails

On another note, I've just been charged for my Pokémon 3DS from Amazon, and it says Shipping now.

Apparently I've angered the shipping gods too. Amazon always ships my stuff late now, and when I preorder an item with Bestbuy (Pokemon n3DS), Amazon starts shipping early.

I'm cursed, I tell you, cursed!

I've been doing a mass liquidation of some old games on Kijiji over the past few days in order to pay for the Pokemon 3DS that I really don't need, and it's been fascinating to observe at what points people just stop responding.
I've had a guy not respond for 3 days now after sorting everything out and giving him a time I could meet, and another guy who asked if I could deliver, only to just say "ok" when I said I could and never respond beyond that.

I've been doing a mass liquidation of some old games on Kijiji over the past few days in order to pay for the Pokemon 3DS that I really don't need, and it's been fascinating to observe at what points people just stop responding.
I've had a guy not respond for 3 days now after sorting everything out and giving him a time I could meet, and another guy who asked if I could deliver, only to just say "ok" when I said I could and never respond beyond that.

What are you selling/where are you located?

Selling on Kijiji is usually, in my experience, very frustrating for those exact reasons. Also an endless parade of cheapskates who want to haggle something down to nothing.

To join in on the shipping discussions AGAIN, my Amazon pre-orders of Fire Emblem and Project X Zone 2 have not shipped or even changed statuses. I've never had this before, and I'm a Prime member. Guess I need to call in again.

I hope so, I ordered a new 3DS FE edition Friday to replace my old 3ds. Showed in stock when I ordered it, showed in stock all weekend then still hadn't shipped Monday afternoon so I called, it was still showing in stock and I get told it is on backorder nothing they can do even though it still said in stock at that time. Grrr finally ready to upgrade and I can't find anyone to take my money

That's awful! Sorry to hear.

I'm done as of today with this store to store process for FE fates, constantly checking online etc.

I don't have time for all this searching.

It's a sign of the times to move all portable gaming to iOS.

I had a 64gb iPhone in my hand with an emailed receipt In under 10 mins of entering the store. Then, $100 iTunes card for $90 at Costco. Easy! I love it.

Firestorm

If anyone is getting the Pokemon 3DS early in Vancouver and wants to cancel then I'd be up for buying it off you at cost if it's here by end of Thursday so you don't need to deal with shipping it back. Mine is coming from Best Buy but I would like it before I leave to Portland for a tournament this weekend.

Shoeless

Is that an error or just the weekly update?

It's a "Critic's Choice" sale they're holding. A lot of stuff in there, including Batman, Just Cause 3, Soma, and many other titles. Basically, if it got decent review scores, it may be for sale. I just pulled the trigger on both Batman and Until Dawn, since I'd somehow held off on both until now.

Bronetta

Ask me about the moon landing or the temperature at which jet fuel burns. You may be surprised at what you learn.
Get $15 if you Spend $100.

Lots of good sales too.

Bloodborne $24
Life is Strange for $10
Tales from Borderlands $6
SOMA - $16.50

That's the lowest these games have ever been (Bloodborne was $20 physical but this is one of those games you'll want digital to have at all times)

That's the lowest these games have ever been (Bloodborne was $20 physical but this is one of those games you'll want digital to have at all times)

Wouldn't having a game physically be a better way to own it all the time since you can use it on a different console and when the online service is down?

Oh god am I starting a debate?

BadHand

There is almost always a flash sale every third Friday of the month too, which would be the 26th Feb.

I don't know if the valentines day sale would cancel that out though.

terrible

Banned
This is what I've been waiting for. With $15 credit for spending $100 I'll end up saving 35% since I got $100 PSN money for $80 from Staples not long ago. Not bad, not bad at all. There are a lot of good games in that sale too.

RaidenXZ

Crap, I forgot to cancel my Pokemon 3DS and now it's on route.

I'll have to figure out what to tag the return, as I 'ordered by mistake' probably won't net me free return shipping.

Is that the New 3DS Pokemon one? The one with the Red and Blue face plates?

terrible

Banned
Sorry about this!

UxLu1TI.png

https://store.playstation.com/#!/en-ca/home/main

Promotion is available to legal U.S., Canada and Mexico residents with an account for use of the PlayStation®Network (an “Account”) registered in their country of residency who are 18 or older and who have spent $100.00 CAD or more using the PSN Wallet between February 23rd, 2016 and March 1st, 2016 11:59pm PT. Third party application purchases are excluded. Each Account may only accrue a total of $15 CAD in PSN Wallet credits pursuant to this promotion.

ElNino

yall getting much back on your taxes?
I'm expecting between $3k and $5k back. Would need to make about 20 thousand more than I do now to pay anything. (4 dependents)
I only have two dependents, but this is probably around what I will get as well. I'd rather have it be closer to even, but most of the refund comes from credits and deductions from child care which I can't always predict well enough to declare ahead of time.

Anyways, doing a kitchen reno... so it will be going towards that.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom