• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Canadian Gaming Deals and Discussion Thread 7: More Shipping Talk than Anime & TV GAF

Status
Not open for further replies.

Yasumi

Banned
Any places have PS Vita memory cards on sale?

Seems when I have money they are never on sale. When I'm broke they are always on sale. lol
Check your local Walmart to see if they have any 32GBs in stock. They were $50 a few weeks ago, you might get lucky if any are still there.

Sweet, my Pokemon 3DS finally shipped with a guaranteed delivery of Thursday! Amazon comes through once more.

Lucky, mine shipped Saturday and is still sitting in BC (I'm in QC), with a guaranteed delivery of next Monday...6 business days to ship??

On another note today Canada Post put one of my package in another apartment's mailbox. Luckily that neighbor was honest enough to come deliver it to me. I was pissed when it said "Delivered" at 3 PM and was not there when I got home at 5!

J

Jotamide

Unconfirmed Member
Plenty of $20 and $50 USD Steam cards at the MS Store in Pacific Centre (Vancouver).

Banned
I try to only buy telltale games and indie games digitally. AAA releases I buy physical. Seeing DA: I going for $24 on the Valentine's Day deal and now bloodborne and life is strange and until dawn all being the cheapest it's ever been just frustrates me. Amazon doesn't match PSN prices but they do match Best Buy usually.

Eoyote

Neo Member
DEAL:

Looks like Best Buy really wants to get rid of Rainbow Six Siege Gold Edition (base game + season pass).

It dropped from $109.99 to $79.97, then last week it dropped to $69.97, and now the PC and PS4 versions have been dropped another $10 this week to $59.97 for both PC and PS4.

PC:
http://www.bestbuy.ca/en-CA/product...spx?path=27062f342845db15379be4b1961666f7en02

PS4 (this version seems to be selling faster):
http://www.bestbuy.ca/en-CA/product...spx?path=6062bfb0b94624cde3d82247dfd0f3f1en02

the regular edition for all versions is now on sale for $69.99 until march 10, but I don't know why any of you would want that, unless you want the xbox one version (the gold edition for that was priced at $9.99 and quickly sold out). If any of you purchased the game at $69.97 (like me), call customer service and they should refund you the difference.

/facepalm

zorbsie

Bummed that I missed Rainbow Six: Siege on XB1 for $10. That is just insane. I'm sure they only had a few left anyway. Or at least that's what I'll keep telling myself so I don't feel bad.

Ondore

TIL that Best Buy ships stuff out of Moncton, NB now which means I get it the next day in Halifax.

Note that the Mega Man Legacy Collection price error has been fixed, so now it's $18.99 on the eShop if you don't care about the feelies.

theRizzle

If the last Zelda game I played was Ocarina of Time, should I play Wind Waker HD or Twilight Princess HD first? The only Zelda game I really like is Link To The Past.

Fularu

Banned
If the last Zelda game I played was Ocarina of Time, should I play Wind Waker HD or Twilight Princess HD first? The only Zelda game I really like is Link To The Past.

Then if you have a 3DS A Link Between Worlds

Otherwise, I prefer Wind Waker over Twilight

theRizzle

Then if you have a 3DS A Link Between Worlds

Otherwise, I prefer Wind Waker over Twilight

No 3DS, just a Wii U coming in the mail this week hopefully.

Wind Waker.

Sounds like it's gonna be Wind Waker HD then. I haven't had a Nintendo console since N64 and there's a few things that I never got a chance to play that I'm interested in seeing. I got the impression that Wind Waker was the one to get anyways, but Twilight Princess looks pretty good too.

FrsDvl

I'll be that one person that recommends Twilight Princess, i found Wind Waker to be very boring. Too much time spent sailing on your little boat.

Gxgear

Any places have PS Vita memory cards on sale?

Seems when I have money they are never on sale. When I'm broke they are always on sale. lol

If you're in the Greater Vancouver area I can sell you my spare 32GB.

UxLu1TI.png

This definitely makes the prospect of buying the SFV season pass more palpable.

TimeKillr

I have a much easier time for SF with Octonal gates versus square ones

Well at least doing Shoruyken in SFV yesterday was painfull, I sucked hardcore

Oh well, I'll just try to get used to the TE2+ stick (my first one ever, it really feels different from my RAP Hayabusa).

The thing is, SF with a square gate is better because you lock in down back, as opposed to an octo gate where it'll roll.

Just practice a bit with a square gate doing qcf and dp motions and you'll be good, just try to stick to minimal movement (the JLF sticks are sensitive enough that you don't need full motion, they register pretty slight movements).

My megaman legacy collection finally shipped from Amazon...from BC and using Fedex -.-'. First delivery to my apartment from Fedex, wonder where their distribution center is.

Just a heads up:

The PS4 version of RS6: Siege Gold Edition sold out over night on bestbuy.ca. It might still be available locally though.

I edited my post to reflect that

Easily the best shooter I've played last year.

Edit: EXCLUDING splatoon

Last year was phenomenal for shooters as well.

Even the low rung stuff like Star Wars Battlefront was really good.

Rainbow Six
Halo 5
Splatoon

Are probably my top three with Black Ops 3 right behind them.

Sora_N

I got it this morning and I can't wait to never use it -_-

I MIGHT try it out to compare the form-factor with the XL...

Why did you buy it? Lol.

I debated this or the FE XL but instead I bought the FE faceplate last week from Japan and I got it on Monday.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom