• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Canadian Gaming Deals and Discussion Thread 7: More Shipping Talk than Anime & TV GAF

Status
Not open for further replies.

terrible

Banned
I was thinking of getting Fallout 4. Though, I didn't really finish Fallout 3 and haven't touched New Vegas at all.

Fallout 4 if the first Fallout I quit on. I put 60 hours in before finally realizing I hated it.

YMMV though. Lots of people liked it.

Why is Amazon using UPS? 2 fight sticks sitting on my doorstep, no knock, nothing.

Ha. Also had that happen to me yesterday. Only it was Canada Post. I quickly got over it...

SFV%20Haul_zpsqvtzckrc.jpg

killroy87

Fallout 4 if the first Fallout I quit on. I put 60 hours in before finally realizing I hated it.

YMMV though. Lots of people liked it.

Same. It's a very weak game imo, it just happens to have the best gameplay Bethesda has made yet (which is admittedly a low bar)

Same. It's a very weak game imo, it just happens to have the best gameplay Bethesda has made yet (which is admittedly a low bar)

It's the most refined Bethesda game without doubt. Its also the first one I quit after 15ish hours. I'm just so bored and done with the formula

It's the most refined Bethesda game without doubt. Its also the first one I quit after 15ish hours. I'm just so bored and done with the formula

I felt like I was playing Skyrim again (pick up everything, explore everywhere, crouch to see if there are enemies nearby), but I had such a massive inventory of random trash in my inventory and I had no idea what weapon to use.

I want to go back as I've played maybe 8-10 hours myself, but I prefer other games in my backlog right now.

Takuan

Amazon.ca support is fascinating.

I originally got a Street Fighter V M. Bison preorder costume code that was already used when I tried to redeem it. Sending an email to support, I got a response apologizing and providing me with a code that included details of the SF V beta after it. I responded saying that I was looking for the M. Bison preorder code and the email suggested it was for the beta. They responded saying the costume was for Amazon.com preorders only and to contact Capcom, then get back to them if they say otherwise.

Given that the first three screenshots of the product page show M. Bison in the preorder costume, the Customer Questions and Answers suggested Amazon.ca purchases are eligible for the code and the Capcom Unity blog explicitly said "North America" when outlining the bonuses, I decided to contact them via Chat as the phone line was closed. 10 transfers to the "Games/Software" and "Support" departments later, the agent posted the code the first CSR initially gave and asked if that worked. I said that code came with beta details, but decided to try it anyway. ...It turned out to be the costume code. During that time, a transfer occurred but I immediately told the last agent that all is well. I needn't be transferred anymore and ended the chat.

I wonder if they just transfer customers to other agents if it seems like it'll be too much effort.
Had the same issue. Contacted Amazon Live Chat Saturday morning, had a new code by Monday morning. I've never bothered with their phone line, there's never been an issue their Chat reps haven't been able to resolve for me.

Pouring out a drink for Canada ShippingGAF

Good ol Intelcom just left fire emblem on the front step of my building, outside, fresh -15c for anybody to grab

Well fire emblem SE arrived from bestbuy and the box is fucking trashed. Anyone have experience with bb customer service in regards to this?

I also got a copy from Amazon and it's pristine. Would I be better talking with them about the trashed box? Both copies are for a friend and I who are collectors. Not happy at all with this.

zroid

Banned
Well fire emblem SE arrived from bestbuy and the box is fucking trashed. Anyone have experience with bb customer service in regards to this?

I also got a copy from Amazon and it's pristine. Would I be better talking with them about the trashed box? Both copies are for a friend and I who are collectors. Not happy at all with this.

that would be a bit scummy, lol

either way they might give you a coupon or something. yes it would be easier to deal with Amazon than Best Buy.

jzbluz

Good luck with that since the SE is so limited, but I think if you blame Amazon and talk to them, they might give you a partial refund.

Amazon: Most likely a 10-15$ credit,
Best Buy: An apology

Anyone still waiting on Amazon to ship their Megaman Legacy Collection 3DS CE? I don't even have a delivery estimate.

Still waiting

EvilMario

Will QA for food.

Complain to the ones who fucked it up, so hopefully they see the mountains of complaints and take better care next time.

Fularu

Banned

Don't make Amazon pay for Bestbuy's shitty packaging

Take it to bestbuy and request a new copy or à partial refund

I'm on the green line atm so where should I stop?

A+

A small raccoon of mine picked it up

Interesting second tip: You cannot redirect shipments to Amazon delivery points. You have to manually add a new personal address with your name but the delivery point's address details, and then edit.

Eoyote

Neo Member
Anyone still waiting on Amazon to ship their Megaman Legacy Collection 3DS CE? I don't even have a delivery estimate.

I backed out and went with just the standard edition from Best Buy. They haven't shipped either. Pretty odd to see some sort of hang up on a less-popular 3rd party title like this.

Tapejara

Still waiting here too. I didn't preorder the first time it was in stock but snagged it the second time.

Yeah I got it on the second restock as well.

I backed out and went with just the standard edition from Best Buy. They haven't shipped either. Pretty odd to see some sort of hang up on a less-popular 3rd party title like this.

I was only really buying it for the amiibo as I have the XB1 digital version already. Otherwise I would've just cancelled it by now.

Anyone can tell me if Fire Emblem Fates is playable in French? I am selling my copy at cost and the buyer wants to know. I don't want to open it to test it out! :/

Ventara

So I stopped by the Microsoft store to see if I can get in on that $20 USD Steam card. But the one I saw mentioned CAD in the instructions, so I assumed it is in Canadian (like it should be). I'm guessing that deal is dead?

killroy87

So I stopped by the Microsoft store to see if I can get in on that $20 USD Steam card. But the one I saw mentioned CAD in the instructions, so I assumed it is in Canadian (like it should be). I'm guessing that deal is dead?

Uh oh, haha. Which MS store?

FrsDvl

Is it normal for Amazon to put an order on Shipping Today, for all day?

I've never had it happen, but my Pokémon 3DS has been like that since early this morning, and its getting a bit late to ship it at this point I'd think.

KarmaCow

Is it normal for Amazon to put an order on Shipping Today, for all day?

I've never had it happen, but my Pokémon 3DS has been like that since early this morning, and its getting a bit late to ship it at this point I'd think.

I had the same thing happen to my Fates preorder. It said 'preparing to ship' for 2 days and 'shipping today' from early in the morning to around 10pm. The good thing is that it said it would arrive on Thursday after finally shipping late Saturday night and showed up on 3 days early on Monday.

FrsDvl

I had the same thing happen to my Fates preorder. It said 'preparing to ship' for 2 days and 'shipping today' from early in the morning to around 10pm. The good thing is that it said it would arrive on Thursday after finally shipping late Saturday night and showed up on 3 days early on Monday.

10pm? That seems late. But that's good, cause I'm hoping to get it Friday rather than Monday. Stupid Saturday release..

theRizzle

Extra keys from the new Humble Bundle

QUOTE TO SEE

Outlast:
Sunless Sea:

Hopefully you can use those and they aren't tied to my account...

Faenix1

Any places have PS Vita memory cards on sale?

Seems when I have money they are never on sale. When I'm broke they are always on sale. lol

DEAL:

Looks like Best Buy really wants to get rid of Rainbow Six Siege Gold Edition (base game + season pass).

It dropped from $109.99 to $79.97, then last week it dropped to $69.97, and now the PC and PS4 versions have been dropped another $10 this week to $59.97 for both PC and PS4.

PC:
http://www.bestbuy.ca/en-CA/product...spx?path=27062f342845db15379be4b1961666f7en02

PS4 (this version seems to be selling faster) SOLD OUT:
http://www.bestbuy.ca/en-CA/product...spx?path=6062bfb0b94624cde3d82247dfd0f3f1en02

the regular edition for all versions is now on sale for $69.99 until march 10, but I don't know why any of you would want that, unless you want the xbox one version (the gold edition for that was priced at $9.99 and quickly sold out). If any of you purchased the game at $69.97 (like me), call customer service and they should refund you the difference.

EDIT:

PS4 version is sold out online now. Might still be available near you locally.

Fularu

Banned
Unless you wanna play VF, you really shouldn't (especially not for SF!)

And that's my 2 cents.

I have a much easier time for SF with Octonal gates versus square ones

Well at least doing Shoruyken in SFV yesterday was painfull, I sucked hardcore

Oh well, I'll just try to get used to the TE2+ stick (my first one ever, it really feels different from my RAP Hayabusa).

KJA

I guess I have to wait until Friday for my copy of Fire Emblem Fates, since it's coming all the way from BC and it's too inconvenient for Amazon to ship it from their Mississauga warehouse where I actually live. :-(

Oh well.

Fularu

Banned
I guess I have to wait until Friday for my copy of Fire Emblem Fates, since it's coming all the way from BC and it's too inconvenient for Amazon to ship it from their Mississauga warehouse where I actually live. :-(

Oh well.

Recieved mine today in a bubble brown enveloppe

I wasn't happy...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom