• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Canadian Gaming Deals & Discussion 8: Don't Move Here For The Deals

Status
Not open for further replies.

farisr

A little bit worried here, gf added a free Amazon Prime trial and I'm not sure how long they normally last. I just realized my details are saved and they would have continued the sub for a year (next bill date would be Nov.2017) Why did it say it was going to refund me $90?
Prime trial is either 14 days, or a month. And yeah, canadian prime is a yearly charge only. So whatever that comes out to, is what's going to get refunded if payment for the membership got processed and you asked for a refund within the refund period.

If it's saying next bill date is nov 2017, that means a payment for the membership got processed last month.

mileS

I believe the duration of a prime trial is 3 months. I may be wrong though.

Yeah the billing and webpage stuff was a little confusing at first but we got the full $90 back. Basically did what most people do, sign up for the trial but forget to cancel and have it bill you. We didn't use any of the Prime benefits during the sub so we are eligible for a full refund. whew.

N° 2048

Neat, thanks Teksavvy.

Ehhhh me too!

Hello,

We have some good news about your service with us. As you know, your current package with us for your service is Cable 15 Pro, with 400 GB of non-overnight download usage at a monthly cost of $49.95. (Uploads, and overnight downloads between 2 and 8 am, are unmetered.)

Well, starting with your first billing cycle on or after Monday, 16 January 2017, your package will become Cable 15 Pro, with 400 GB of usage at a monthly cost of $44.95. No action on your part is needed, as the change will happen automatically.

We’re happy to be able to offer better value as a result of a change in one of our key costs of supply, wholesale network access. We connect our own network up to incumbents’ last-mile accesses, where they exist, in order to serve you. A recent CRTC decision, known as Telecom Order CRTC 2016-396, made interim corrections to the price ceiling that incumbents are permitted to charge for wholesale access to last-mile access.

Correcting wholesale network access rates to a fairer level lets us create more savings for our customers, get back to innovating on service and features, and -- we hope – spur a more competitive telecom market in Canada. We believe that that’s very positive for consumers. We invite you to sign our “#ThanksAgainCRTC” form here, and we will let your government representatives know you’re pleased with these changes.

One thing. This is an unprecedented announcement for us, and pretty rare anywhere. We are lowering rates for hundreds of thousands of customers. So we are expecting very high call volumes as people begin to call in to check if this is real -- and higher wait times as a result.

Please bear with us. If you’re considering changes in service, or have questions about this price change, we invite you to complete our “Call Back” form here, so we can have someone call you back within seven days; or to connect with us and our community either through social media or through online forums, like DSLreports or Reddit.

Thank you for your continued support.

Sealtest

If anyone preordered Shantae PS4 from amazon check your order. My prime preorder just got kicked to next week after calling support asking why I haven't been charged for it yet.

If anyone preordered Shantae PS4 from amazon check your order. My prime preorder just got kicked to next week after calling support asking why I haven't been charged for it yet.

My Vita one hasn't shipped yet either. Gotta love Amazon support.

"I'm supposed to get this tomorrow but it hasn't shipped yet."
"It'll ship tomorrow."
"And I'll get it tomorrow?"
"Yes for sure no need to worry :D"

0% chance I get it tomorrow.

Bronetta

Ask me about the moon landing or the temperature at which jet fuel burns. You may be surprised at what you learn.
I got an email last week about upgrading my modem but maybe I'll hold off. My speed is fine how it is as far as I'm concerned anyways.

I really wouldnt delay too long. The new modem boosted my speeds considerably. Speeds that you pay for so might as well get it right.

Sealtest

"It'll ship tomorrow."

I don't deal with chat anymore, after calling I was given a $5 credit because she knew it wasn't arriving tmw. Wish it was an extra month of prime but saving another $5 off Digimon Next Order is always welcomed.

tiijj

"It'll ship tomorrow."

Not saying that you'll get it tomorrow but that happens to me a few times, they either ship it the night before or like past midnight and I get it the next day or the same day if it says it ships past midnight.

kevin1025

Banned
Amazon is a strange beast. A strange, exotic beast. It's all about luck, from the looks of things. How is everyone liking the 20% off all pre-orders? I'm getting a year of Prime in February, and year-round E3 deals sounds too good to be true.

Also, I broke down and bought Titanfall 2 from Wal-Mart. The $50 PS4 price was too good to turn down. I really love the PC version, but the PS4 has such a larger online community. Super happy with my purchase, and it looks awesome on the Pro!

farisr

Amazon is a strange beast. A strange, exotic beast. It's all about luck, from the looks of things. How is everyone liking the 20% off all pre-orders? I'm getting a year of Prime in February, and year-round E3 deals sounds too good to be true.

Also, I broke down and bought Titanfall 2 from Wal-Mart. The $50 PS4 price was too good to turn down. I really love the PC version, but the PS4 has such a larger online community. Super happy with my purchase, and it looks awesome on the Pro!
Personally, I wouldn't have gotten Prime for the 20% off all preorders alone due to E3 existing and there likely not being enough games that get announced/released between e3 sales to make up for the price.

But since it included a twitch prime account, that absolutely made it worth it for me due to the included subscription. And it's only getting better now that Prime Video in Canada has started up (hopefully the library builds up soon).

Been taking advantage of the 1-day shipping as well, and it's nice to have the option of being able to order games at 20% off AFTER they've come out.

kevin1025

Banned
Personally, I wouldn't have gotten Prime for the 20% off all preorders alone due to E3 existing and there likely not being enough games that get announced/released between e3 sales to make up for the price.

But since it included a twitch prime account, that absolutely made it worth it for me due to the included subscription. And it's only getting better now that Prime Video in Canada has started up (hopefully the library builds up soon).

Been taking advantage of the 1-day shipping as well, and it's nice to have the option of being able to order games at 20% off AFTER they've come out.

That's actually been a question I had for Prime members: do new seasons add in? Did Man in the High Castle season 2 pop up? The initial list was missing half of their shows so I'm curious how that is being handled.

In terms of games, yeah, the games being announced outside of E3 are minimal compared to the deal. But I feel like PSX this year introduced enough heavy hitters to make the purchase worthwhile. I traded in my Kingdom Hearts games since the $64.99 - 20% price of the PS4 version sounds too good to be true whenever I finally subscribe (at Prime Student price --- huzzah for my Carleton University student number still working, haha).

gabbo

It might be too early to ask, but is there likely to be any good deals come boxing day on SSDs? Besides a new sound/video card, it's the only other hardware component i'd really like to put in my machine.

kevin1025

Banned
No and this was the only Amazon exclusive show I wanted out of prime video.

That's super unfortunate. After seeing so many commercials for it and it didn't end up for it, as a brand new season, that's a bad form. New pieces of content as new forms of video services should be part and parcel, or however that saying goes!

Oh no.....this is one of my daughter's Christmas presents. Mine still says arriving before 8pm tomorrow but hasn't shipped. I'm gonna be right pissed if it arrives after Christmas.

That Amazon video app on my x800d is absolutely terrible. Tried out The Grand Tour and it takes a good while to actually get to 4k HDR. Trying to use the menus was a slog. Netflix spoils me.

It's also frustrating that we don't have Man in the High Castle season two and that the first season doesn't look like it's in 4k as well.

Oh no.....this is one of my daughter's Christmas presents. Mine still says arriving before 8pm tomorrow but hasn't shipped. I'm gonna be right pissed if it arrives after Christmas.

Two reps "assured me" it was coming today when I asked yesterday.
Today: "Oh it's out of stock your order is delayed who could have forseen this?"

antibolo

Banned
As expected, Amazon is still shipping to me via Intelcom, my request was ignored of course.

And this time I actually placed the order to ship at home. I have no idea what is going to happen. I live in a small apartment building with a locked front door.

As expected, Amazon is still shipping to me via Intelcom, my request was ignored of course.

And this time I actually placed the order to ship at home. I have no idea what is going to happen. I live in a small apartment building with a locked front door.

They'll bury it in the snow.

Kyolux

The Yakuza love in this thread makes me all fuzzy inside. :D

Can't wait to replay through 0 and understand the details in the story I missed out on.

Also tried the Yakuza 6 demo this week-end. That combat feels great for the little I tried.

The Yakuza love in this thread makes me all fuzzy inside. :D

Can't wait to replay through 0 and understand the details in the story I missed out on.

Also tried the Yakuza 6 demo this week-end. That combat feels great for the little I tried.

They really need to remaster the whole Yakuza series for the PS4 family. That would be awesome to relive those moments on on disc.

BadWolf

Yakuza 4 blew me away, it felt like playing a great brawler and watching a kickass gangster movie at the same time. Yasuko quickly became one of my fave female characters in gaming ever.

Yakuza 5 on the other hand... playing through it right now and it's such a snore fest. I'm in
Chapter 2, with Saejima,
and the game is literally putting me to sleep. I actually played it before bed yesterday to sleep better, and it worked lol. And my angel Yasuko has been replaced with some floozy which has zero depth and charm so far -_-

Kyolux

Yakuza 4 blew me away, it felt like playing a great brawler and watching a kickass gangster movie at the same time. Yasuko quickly became one of my fave female characters in gaming ever.

Yakuza 5 on the other hand... playing through it right now and it's such a snore fest. I'm in
Chapter 2, with Saejima,
and the game is literally putting me to sleep. I actually played it before bed yesterday to sleep better, and it worked lol. And my angel Yasuko has been replaced with some floozy which has zero depth and charm so far -_-

Definitely loved Yakuza 4 (platinum'd) more than 5. But 5 does get better, just not as good.

Wouldn't hold my breath for a remaster for PS4. At best, we might see Yakuza 2 get the kiwami treatment.

SickBoy

Week 3 of the Playstation Store sale is up. A fair bit of stuff that was on the Black Friday sale/Flash Sale is back on discount. I wish it was clear how much the Hitman Upgrade Pack is selling for (maybe when they update the blog I can puzzle it out). I might be more inclined to buy the "Intro Pack" if I knew what it cost to upgrade to the whole thing. But as it stands, I probably don't need to buy anything new, I have so much to play.

On a totally different note... or maybe a more on-topic note... I really need to retry a Yakuza game. I played the original way back on PS2, for so many reasons (I'd heard comparisons to Shenmue, it's exactly the kind of Sega game I expect to like, etc.), but it never clicked for me. I know I've got at least one of the more recent games via PS+...

EDIT: Also, I'm sure it will be some time, but I do look forward to the day when PSVR gets a substantial discount or price cut. I had one preordered and I've generally felt good about my decision to cancel based on its early days (if nothing else, it helped me pay for my PS4 Pro). But I still think the technology is super neat, and seeing stuff like Fruit Ninja VR is a reminder of the kind of simple fun it has to offer... though probably not $550 worth of simple fun :)

Hycran

Banned
Just went to the Best Buy on Granville and they said they might be getting a shipment but no Nintendo classics currently.

Moltenix

Totally grabbing Bloodborne from PSN Week 3 sale. I was crazy not to get it when it went on sale last month - not making that mistake again!

Bronetta

Ask me about the moon landing or the temperature at which jet fuel burns. You may be surprised at what you learn.
Totally grabbing Bloodborne from PSN Week 3 sale. I was crazy not to get it when it went on sale last month - not making that mistake again!

Make sure to get the complete edition!

Renewed

I've owned the complete edition for a year now, but I still haven't gotten back to it after I lost my progress when I forgot to backup my save.

Curious about Boxing Day deals for PC parts (i.e. processor, mobo, case, etc.). I have everything together in mind but now I'm just holding off and trying to see deals come in. Not really experienced in this.

Two reps "assured me" it was coming today when I asked yesterday.
Today: "Oh it's out of stock your order is delayed who could have forseen this?"

WOW......not only did they say the same thing to me, but it won't be in stock for 4-5 days....how the fuck is it going to end up under the christmas tree for my daughter then...complete bullshit.

Kyolux

WOW......not only did they say the same thing to me, but it won't be in stock for 4-5 days....how the fuck is it going to end up under the christmas tree for my daughter then...complete bullshit.

That's typical amazon rep bs.

They won't check beyond what you can check yourself and give you a generic answer based on that.

Wishing you the best for your daughter's xmas present.

Sober

Curious about Boxing Day deals for PC parts (i.e. processor, mobo, case, etc.). I have everything together in mind but now I'm just holding off and trying to see deals come in. Not really experienced in this.
Personally I would say if you already have your parts in mind, just get them and stick with them if you've settled on them. Wait for any deals to come in over the next few days but don't impulse buy especially on cpu/gpu/etc unless you know you're getting what you want or you can accept what you're getting.

That's typical amazon rep bs.

They won't check beyond what you can check yourself and give you a generic answer based on that.

Wishing you the best for your daughter's xmas present.

I'm still chatting with the rep, and he just tried to tell me it's "first come first serve". Ummmm I preordered the game, you obviously don't know what your talking about Amazon rep.

I'm still chatting with the rep, and he just tried to tell me it's "first come first serve". Ummmm I preordered the game, you obviously don't know what your talking about Amazon rep.

It's a niche game and they most likely got very low stock.

They still kept taking pre-orders even if they couldn't have enough copies for everyone DAY 1.

Wonder how it's gonna be with the wii u version next month...

It's a niche game and they most likely got very low stock.

They still kept taking pre-orders even if they couldn't have enough copies for everyone DAY 1.

Wonder how it's gonna be with the wii u version next month...

That's a pretty terrible practice. If you don't have enough stock, don't accept preorders.

iLLmAtlc

Niiice. I was on the fence about the game because I thought it'd be too difficult. But having beaten it now I think it is easily my favourite game this gen.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom