• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Canadian Gaming Deals & Discussion 8: Don't Move Here For The Deals

Status
Not open for further replies.
Everything is coming on time until it's not. At least complain until you get $5 or something.

I find it hilarious that this is happening with my trial membership. I mean they even extended the trial another month because of my Rock Band order debacle. Why would i pay money for this service? pretty laughable.

Sealtest

WTF....

Edit: talked to another rep, they just bumped the shipping to priority for me and now it will arrive on the 22nd-23rd. What a shit show.

Decided to just cancel my PS4 version and preorder the WII U one. Amazon finally made the decision to switch for me.

I'll just buy the PS4 version when its on sale in a few months.

Decided to just cancel my PS4 version and preorder the WII U one. Amazon finally made the decision to switch for me.

I'll just buy the PS4 version when its on sale in a few months.

I just spent entirely to much money on Amazon. Even with the late shipping and bitching from me, it's so much easier then braving shopping malls.

just bought

Samsung KU6300 55inch
PS4 Killing Floor 2
PS4 Watch Dogs 2
PS4 Minecraft
Keurig K200
Barbie Saddle and Ride Horse

And some make up brushes and a sweater for the wife (Keurig is for her also I don't drink coffee)

1400$ all in. Christmas shopping is done.

At this point I wouldn't even be sure to get it by Christmas even if I was to get a hold of a copy. Someone other than Nintendo will be getting my shopping money this holiday. Really disappointing how it has been handled.

I got one online a couple of weeks ago, really frustrated at how hard it was to get. Gifted it to best friend who is a casual. The other two I planned on buying as gifts for loved ones? Nope. Spent the money on headphones and sports clothes instead - had to buy something, xmas is less than a week away.

I agree with you completely. Well said.

BadHand

Got a NES but the only delivery option it gave me was the Free one. Which is Wednesday 28th.

I wanted the express to get it before Xmas :( oh well.

Under a minute. I literally refreshed the page constantly starting a few minutes before 8:00 till it appeared, added it to cart, clicked buy, and it was gone.

Can Nintendo go fuck themselves already?

N° 2048

How hard is it to make a ton of these things like honestly?

They're clearly trying to make these rare on purpose. Only helps scalpers.

Lol I was going to buy one for a co-worker and it instantly sold out. I can't stand this drip feed supply shit Nintendo does.

i was at my local eb just browsing in the middle of shopping for other things at the mall, and i heard the clerk behind the counter tell someone who had inquired if they had any NES classics in stock that Nintendo "didn't realize that there would be that much demand" for the product, which is why it was so hard to find.

I just sighed and continued browsing.

MrFlooD

Thanks to this thread I was able to snag a classic at BestBuy. Says it won't be here till next week, but wife will still be happy.

mileS

How hard is it to make a ton of these things like honestly?

They're clearly trying to make these rare on purpose. Only helps scalpers.

Nintendo is notorious for this but for some reason this example sticks out really bad. It's getting old and it doesn't take a genius to figure out how sad this shit is. Like trying to steal a hockey stick in your coat, its pretty obvious and you aren't fooling anyone.

I just feel sad for all the people that wanted this under the tree. It could be there if Nintendo dropped the bullshit but no.

bryt

I remember trying to buy a Wii for Brawl when it first came out. I never found it in stock so I just never bothered to buy it lol. To this day I don't own a Wii.

MesH

The Nintendo mini is great, and was online a few times at the right time to grab one and just can't bring myself to do it, it is a cool looking little system, but with a little bit work and about the same price you can use a Raspberry Pi and get so much more out of it IMO.

jayu26

The Nintendo mini is great, and was online a few times at the right time to grab one and just can't bring myself to do it, it is a cool looking little system, but with a little bit work and about the same price you can use a Raspberry Pi and get so much more out of it IMO.

Why didn't I think of this! I can have mini NES, SNES, Genesis etc all in one box. Okay I am going this route.

lamaroo

Unconfirmed Member

Why didn't I think of this! I can have mini NES, SNES, Genesis etc all in one box. Okay I am going this route.

It's about the aesthetic and nostalgia for me.

I know technically you can build one with an old NES, but this is much easier. Just hate supporting the stupidity of their supply constraints.

Fuzzy

I would bang a hot farmer!
I like having my NES mini and Famicom mini on a shelf with both R.O.B Amiibo sitting next to them. They look so cute.

I got a Tom Nook amiibo for 4.99 on a nearby Best Buy and I just had to share this sad lack of love for Lottie.

C0KN1wmWgAAmbYB.jpg
C0KN6q9XgAAH4yk.jpg

Luigi87

They were Nintendo's folly. They didn't understand why people wanted amiibo.
The SSB cast largely revolved around nostalgia (and were somewhat harder to attain at first). People like AC, I do as well, but they over satutrated the market with those ones, and many just did not have the same attachment to these characters with the desire to purchase them. Plus the game they initially launched for, well... <_<

They were Nintendo's folly. They didn't understand why people wanted amiibo.
The SSB cast largely revolved around nostalgia (and were somewhat harder to attain at first). People like AC, I do as well, but they over satutrated the market with those ones, and many just did not have the same attachment to these characters with the desire to purchase them. Plus the game they initially launched for, well... <_<

Still bought them all even if I barely know these characters...

Kyolux

Random amazon dog stuff order was on my fence's door (they seem to like putting stuff in equilibrium on it, even my ps vr) this morning before 9. I guess CP are doing early runs this time of year? I never receive stuff before noon usually.

antibolo

Banned
Amazon Japan is great, they charge import fees up front so you're 100% sure you won't get hit by insane surprise fees when DHL delivers your order.

mdubs

Banned
Amazon Japan is great, they charge import fees up front so you're 100% sure you won't get hit by insane surprise fees when DHL delivers your order.

Often times you end up getting them refunded a month or two later too, so you don't end up paying anything if you're lucky.

Anth0ny

surely we will get some SSD sales on boxing day. that's pretty much all I'm looking for.

is it worth buying one of those fancy new SSDs that look like a stick of RAM? or save money and get more space with a "traditional" SSD?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom