• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Canadian Gaming Deals & Discussion 8: Don't Move Here For The Deals

Status
Not open for further replies.

NYR

How much ya'll reckon Switch is gonna be for us Canadians?

Most people are thinking it'll likely be 250/300 US so $329 basic and $379 deluxe in CAD?

I would love to see $299 CAD for the basic sku but that's probably not gonna happen...

What sucks is people are set up 299 US and it likely isn't going to be and people will be pissed for no reason since it was never going to be be 299 US.

Hieberrr

How much ya'll reckon Switch is gonna be for us Canadians?

Most people are thinking it'll likely be 250/300 US so $329 basic and $379 deluxe in CAD?

I would love to see $299 CAD for the basic sku but that's probably not gonna happen...

Man, those prices are going to break the bank for me. Damn 13% tax...

farisr

Man, it hurts to cancel a 49.99 preorder. But I know I'm not going to play the game anytime soon, and don't have the money to buy that and other games that need that purchase from me that much more. Too many damn games this first quarter.

Takuan

Man, it hurts to cancel a 49.99 preorder. But I know I'm not going to play the game anytime soon, and don't have the money to buy that and other games that need that purchase from me that much more. Too many damn games this first quarter.

Why not keep the pre-order and sell it for a small profit? That's what I do.

Bronetta

Ask me about the moon landing or the temperature at which jet fuel burns. You may be surprised at what you learn.
Maybe EB Games will have a trade-in promotion for the Switch? Putting your 3DS or Wii U towards a preorder would be helpful.

Trade my Wii U and never get to play Bayonetta 2 and Tropical Freeze ever again? No thanks

antibolo

Banned
I hope Best Buy will take Switch pre-orders too because last time I tried to pre-order something from the EBGames website they never accepted my credit card. Don't want to risk that for the Switch.

(And I assume Amazon won't carry it at all seeing how weird they are with Nintendo hardware)

farisr

Which game is that?
Already cancelled, but it was Resident Evil 7. Price dropped to 49.96 on November 28th for a day or so apparently.

Was updating my preorder spreadsheet, and checking for upcoming games I needed to cancel, didn't realize it had gotten a discount in the meantime. Anyways, have too many game I'm interested in this quarter so going to have to make some hard decisions on what to cancel and what to keep.

Kingdom Hearts 2.8 - cancelled, will pick up later, way later.
Gravity Rush 2 - still deciding, want to show support due to it not being too popular, but also am short on money, all depends on just how much I like GR remaster and the GR2 demo.
Yakuza 0 - still deciding, want to show support for the physical release for sure, but again, short on money.
Hitman First Season - cancelled, ordered in hopes of a price drop or something, but they haven't taken that always online stuff away for unlocks so no buy, it can wait.
Resident Evil 7 - just cancelled
Ni-Oh - will probably cancel and pick up later depending on just how bad my backlog is
For Honor - probably gonna sell this off as I have a really good discount on it, will play if always online goes away for campaign
Horizon Zero Dawn - keep
Ghost Recon Wildlands - great discount, gonna try it out at least, sell it off if it's not my thing.
NieR Automata - keep
Mass Effect Andromeda - probably cancel and wait
South Park Fractured But Whole - probably cancel and wait.

I own and have FFXV, Watch Dogs 2, Deus Ex MD, Gravity Rush Remastered, The Last Guardian to play/beat still. So I can honestly cancel every game and be okay.

theRizzle

gQ0Upbz.jpg

Anyone in the GTA want some free PS2 games? None of the local stores want them.

Kyolux

Already cancelled, but it was Resident Evil 7. Price dropped to 49.96 on November 28th for a day or so apparently.

Was updating my preorder spreadsheet, and checking for upcoming games I needed to cancel, didn't realize it had gotten a discount in the meantime. Anyways, have too many game I'm interested in this quarter so going to have to make some hard decisions on what to cancel and what to keep.

Gravity Rush 2 - still deciding, want to show support due to it not being too popular, but also am short on money, all depends on just how much I like GR remaster and the GR2 demo.
Yakuza 0 - still deciding, want to show support for the physical release for sure, but again, short on money.
Hitman First Season - cancelled, ordered in hopes of a price drop or something, but they haven't taken that always online stuff away for unlocks so no buy, it can wait.
Ni-Oh - will probably cancel and pick up later depending on just how bad my backlog is
For Honor - probably gonna sell this off as I have a really good discount on it, will play if always online goes away for campaign
Horizon Zero Dawn - keep
Ghost Recon Wildlands - great discount, gonna try it out at least, sell it off if it's not my thing.
NieR Automata - keep

I own and have FFXV, Watch Dogs 2, Deus Ex MD, Gravity Rush Remastered, The Last Guardian to play/beat still. So I can honestly cancel every game and be okay.

Aww yeah, I have that at that price too. And after getting too freaked out to play through the demo in VR. I'd cancel it if it wasn't for my gf being really eager to watch me play.

I'm on the same boat for KH 2.8.

Yakuza 0 you need to buy man, don't want to see 6 localization cancelled. It's pretty fun from what I played (2-3 hours) of the copy I bought in Akihabara in april 2015.

I half regret cancelling For Honor after having played and liking the beta. But I can live without.

Ni-oh looks sweet but too many jrpgs lately.. slowly getting tired of them and my backlog doesn't allow it.

HZD, Nier Automata are good calls on keeping. :)

Tempted to do the same for South Park, having it at $50 though makes that a tough call. I have 2 more months to decide. I can probably live with playing it on a steam sale at the end of the year.
edit: Well I cancelled South Park. Realized that March will be already busy enough with HZD, Nier and Zelda.

Anyone in the GTA want some free PS2 games? None of the local stores want them.

I'd take some of those, but not in GTA.

Mikey Jr.

maybe you should stop overreacting

It's almost like it's a small chain retail store and it was Christmas 4 days ago. Even with Prime Amazon would give Jan 2nd and upward for me for orders made this week. It's the Holidays deal with it.

Seriously what's wrong with you? This is one of the busiest weeks of the year and you're complaining about a small mom and pop retailer. If I ever order something around Christmas I don't expect it to come until after the new year. If it comes earlier then bonus but you really need to put your expectations in check.

Hmm.

Let's break down the facts here: you ordered online from them on Monday, one of the busiest online retail days of the year, and also a stat holiday in Ontario. Best case scenario is that they get it packaged up on Tuesday when they process your order in the warehouse. So between some point on Tuesday the courier would need to pick that up, and then get it processed and delivered to you by Thursday before you start ranting on the internet about how slow they are.

Pretty tight timeline under normal circumstances especially for a smaller retailer, and hilariously optimistic when you consider that this is one of the busiest retail weeks of the year.

So yeah, just an update in case you guys were wondering.

Got an email from them today.

The tv is coming in February.

Firestorm

Ehhh Vancouver hasn't really been snow covered since early December. You're thinking of the suburbs/higher elevations such as Surrey, Coquitlam, Langley, etc. But yeah, Vancouver and the rest of sea level has had snow on and off since then.
Are you talking just downtown? I live in Vancouver and the street in front of my house is basically a sheet of ice.

Why is everyone speaking with such high confidence we will get Switch pre-orders next week?

I don't have any faith in Nintendo to do anything right anymore.

Yes I know the presentation is next week, but I see Canada being left in the cold like usual from Nintendo.

Magnus

What do you have to be subscribed to to get a Switch invite? I'm so confused with all the shit nintendo's had over the years. There's Club Nintendo, My Nintendo, a Pokemon trainer club newsletter, a regular Pokemon mailing list... halp

Lothars

Why is everyone speaking with such high confidence we will get Switch pre-orders next week?

Yes I know the presentation is next week, but I see Canada being left in the cold like usual from Nintendo.
We normally get Preorders the same time as the US for new console launches. I would be shocked if we don't get it next week.

Lexxism

Okay. When was the last time when Nintendo left Canada in cold?

firelogic

Horizon Zero Dawn - keep
NieR Automata - keep

I cancelled Gravity Rush 2 and Nier Automata myself. I opted to get Yakuza 0 instead of Gravity Rush 2 and even though the Nier demo was awesome, I'm gonna wait for a price drop.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom