• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Canadian Gaming Deals & Discussion 8: Don't Move Here For The Deals

Status
Not open for further replies.

Fumpster

What would be my options for a clear case/shell for the regular New 3DS? I got one for Christmas and imported the hanafuda faceplates and I'd like to keep them looking pretty and protected, but I haven't seen very many options for the regular size.

Sealtest

What would be my options for a clear case/shell for the regular New 3DS? I got one for Christmas and imported the hanafuda faceplates and I'd like to keep them looking pretty and protected, but I haven't seen very many options for the regular size.

Best bet is import, I've looked around and found This It's mixed reviewed but looks exactly like the Duraflexi we have in Canada for the XL.

I also love the look of the Hanafuda plates and would prolly import them + this if I had the extra spending cash.

Kyolux

Blazerush on PS4 is 2.49 instead of Free like on PS3.

Meh.. looked interesting as a rock n roll racing/micromachines/super off-road type of game. Guess I'll pick it up on PS4 instead of bothering to plug in the PS3.

killroy87

The only thing I can think of is they've got waaaaaay more XB1 stock in warehouses.

That's 99.9% the reason. Retailers do deep discounts for two reasons only; as loss-leaders to get you to buy more, or to clear stock. In this case, knowing what we know about how many copies of Mafia shipped, it's the latter.

Best bet is import, I've looked around and found This It's mixed reviewed but looks exactly like the Duraflexi we have in Canada for the XL.

I also love the look of the Hanafuda plates and would prolly import them + this if I had the extra spending cash.

This is the one I've been using. Personally I've been very happy with it, it's quite comfortable, clear, and is a little squishy so it can absorb some shock..

I've searched google, but seem to be unable to get a definitive answer for this question:

I have an 80gb fat PS3 that I got with the Metal Gear Solid 4 bundle on launch of that game. I know it originally had PS2 backwards compatibility though emulation but am wondering if it still does since I am seeing some things online that say Sony released a update to remove that feature. sadly I do not have a ps2 game to test it.

Thanks in advance.

xclaw

I've searched google, but seem to be unable to get a definitive answer for this question:

I have an 80gb fat PS3 that I got with the Metal Gear Solid 4 bundle on launch of that game. I know it originally had PS2 backwards compatibility though emulation but am wondering if it still does since I am seeing some things online that say Sony released a update to remove that feature. sadly I do not have a ps2 game to test it.

Thanks in advance.

afaik all "fats" can still play PS2 discs if you put one in. It was the newer slims that lost the ability to play them..... of which I now own one as my fat died.

krae_man

Thanks in advance.

I don't know why firmware would remove the software part of the emulation(it was still part hardware based. The 60gb's had the both the PS2 CPU and GPU in them, while the 80gb's only had one of the two i forget which and used emulation for the other).

You could always go to a Value Village or pawn shop or something and buy a $1 PS2 Madden and test it.

antibolo

Banned
afaik all "fats" can still play PS2 discs if you put one in. It was the newer slims that lost the ability to play them..... of which I now own one as my fat died.

No. They cut the PS2 compatibility before changing the form factor.

But to answer HubbaBubba's question, yes the one that came bundled with MGS4 does have PS2 support (the later, partly software-based one). It was the last revision to have it, the one after that did not. And no, Sony never retroactively removed PS2 support on the models that do have it.

jokkir

My SMT4A from Amazon supposedly shipping today and arriving Friday.

Ordered on the 30th. Gotta luv being non-prime..

I hate how they delay non-prime shipments. I used to get stuff the next day but they take forever to ship my stuff. Quite annoying.

No. They cut the PS2 compatibility before changing the form factor.

But to answer HubbaBubba's question, yes the one that came bundled with MGS4 does have PS2 support (the later, partly software-based one). It was the last revision to have it, the one after that did not. And no, Sony never retroactively removed PS2 support on the models that do have it.

Awesome. Thanks. I figured that was the case since I assumed there would have been uproar on the internet had that happened but there were still enough dumb people trying to claim they took it out for me to question it.

Zeeman

Ooh, just got an email from Nintendo saying they'll be sending out invites soon to a Switch preview event (in Toronto, btw)

Renewed

It seems like invitation links were sent to those people notified. Got myself a couple of tickets so I might take my brother as a birthday thing.

leeman

Just ordered since I have a feeling that they won't convert our regular editions order.

Me too, this is actually my third time ordering. Ordered the regular version, then the limited edition before prime discount, lastly now with prime discount. Would be really nice if prime discount would be there immediately when they list pre-orders and I know they will adjust it automatically for me when it ships, but whatever :p.

jholmes

It seems like invitation links were sent to those people notified. Got myself a couple of tickets so I might take my brother as a birthday thing.

I just got mine. If anyone's still trying to ram theirs through, make sure you don't open multiple tabs as Eventbrite just makes you re-do the whole thing if you do.

zroid

Banned
Not 100% sure if I'll have anyone to go with but with only 180 tickets left when I registered I didn't want to risk it. Hopefully there'll be someone in TOgaf who missed out to whom I can give my extra ticket if needed.

Zeeman

Signed up for a couple tickets, though I may not be able to go in the end. Did everyone get assigned different times? I got Saturday night, 6:30-10

zroid

Banned
Signed up for a couple tickets, though I may not be able to go in the end. Did everyone get assigned different times? I got Saturday night, 6:30-10

Interesting, I'm 10:30 - 1

Glad it's not in the evening for me, probably wouldn't have been able to make it

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom