• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Canadian Gaming Deals & Discussion 8: Don't Move Here For The Deals

Status
Not open for further replies.

Vamphuntr

So yeah, just an update in case you guys were wondering.

Got an email from them today.

The tv is coming in February.

Whoa seems you were right after all and they are truly awful. Sorry about that.

Why is everyone speaking with such high confidence we will get Switch pre-orders next week?

I don't have any faith in Nintendo to do anything right anymore.

Yes I know the presentation is next week, but I see Canada being left in the cold like usual from Nintendo.

Maybe not next week but they will do a preorder for The Switch it's a huge mainline product they are banking on. It's not like a LE or the NES classics.

People probably won't like the price though. It's Nintendo so you will be paying a premium no matter the tech inside the box.

Renewed

It really depends. Nintendo are the type that will announce something like the new 3DS XL with preorders at the same time and release it a month later. Grain of salt is still fine though.

farisr

I cancelled Gravity Rush 2 and Nier Automata myself. I opted to get Yakuza 0 instead of Gravity Rush 2 and even though the Nier demo was awesome, I'm gonna wait for a price drop.
I'm leaning towards Yakuza 0 instead of GR2 myself. But yeah absolutely keeping Nier. It's part of my glitched 60% off order from 2015, so getting it for $32.54 including taxes.

krae_man

Oh shoot $49.96 for RE7, didn't notice.

Same for For Honor but still cancelling that one.

Dang, I cancelled that preorder because 20% off $80 wasn't good enough for me. Should have waited. Ah well.

Still have my fingers crossed for a Horizon random price drop.

Vinc

If Zelda doesn't come to Europe on day one because of translations, can you guys see a scenario where the potential absence of french versions holds back the game in Canada as well?

Vamphuntr

If Zelda doesn't come to Europe on day one because of translations, can you guys see a scenario where the potential absence of french versions holds back the game in Canada as well?

No, even the English localization are often different for EU territories. So the FR one is probably different too.

Lexxism

No. They don't use Canadian French or Mexican Spanish for Europe. Heck, they have a different English too

I feel like the average consumer will see the Switch as a handheld first and a console second. They're not going to pay $300 US for a console.

Anyone in the GTA want some free PS2 games? None of the local stores want them.

Fastest way to get rid of them if you don't want to meet with multiple people to part out the worthwhile games: put that picture on eBay, make a 7-day auction, $0.99 starting price, and shipping at cost. You make one trip to the post office and lose nothing since shipping is covered.

SickBoy

Switch @$400 will make me think twice, for sure.... and I've been pretty gung ho on the system. I've been hoping that the $330 Toys R Us page was accurate. Could've been placeholder, or genuinely someone jumping the gun. I'm hoping it's the latter

Ultimately, I would like to see even lower than $330, but I think it's pretty unlikely given the state of the dollar and what that would mean for the US launch price.

But I think $250 US (maaaaaaybe $279) seems most likely as a launch price. I think it might be a hard sell at the same price as a PS4 or XB1 ($299).

That said, Nintendo has certainly surprised me before and sold hardware for more than I think they could competitively get away with (although I think it hurt them at 3DS launch and over the course of the Wii U lifecycle).

tiijj

Nintendo usually don't sell their consoles at a loss or a big loss like Sony so I expect it to be around $299-$324 (hoping it to be cheaper but I wanna be realistic) but I wouldn't be surprised if they sell it for $349-$399

Bronetta

Ask me about the moon landing or the temperature at which jet fuel burns. You may be surprised at what you learn.
If that Toys R Us leak is to be believed, it'll be $330.

Moltenix

My SMT4A from Amazon shipped last night out of Mississauga. Just got home and checked and now it says:

Out for delivery
Montreal, QC, CA

Arriving today
Calgary, Alberta

Oh Intelcom, what are you doing....

Elitist1945

YV2w4iv.png

Why am I getting ads for a game from 2010.

Nioh was only recently added to Amazon. That's why :).
wait really? That's a bit of a relief then. Still though I think I'll wait on a drop from nioh it looks cool but I'll have KH2.8 nier, re7, and then all the big stuff I missed late last year just sitting on my shelf like ff15, tlg, mafia, and deus ex.

Mikey Jr.

Can you cancel it? (Its the 800xd tv right?) Theres that (forgot the store) and a Vizio P at costco on sale this week.

"all sales are final".

There has to be some recourse here.

They shouldn't be able to sell a television, and give absolutely no indication that there is no stock of that tv and instead the wait time is a month and a half while charging my card that same day.

I mean, they are STILL selling that tv on their site. Kinda fucked. There is absolutely no "this tv is backordered" or wait time or anything.

They won't let you cancel?

If they don't, call your bank about a chargeback. I wouldn't put up with that.

I called my bank. They can do it no problem. The lady even said I was in the right and that I would get my money in 6 weeks.

The problem is that in the mean time, the store can dispute it or some shit, and that they can say that I will get my tv, so they are fulfilling their promise.

It's a risk because then the credit card can side with the store.

I asked her opinion, and she said it might be best to wait for the tv.

So yeah, lesson fucking learned.

Never deal with a store where "sales are final".

X-Factor

Just to follow up, the Street Fighter II Blu-ray I bought off amazon.ca is in fact the Completely Uncut version.
Thanks for the information I received earlier.

It comes with this slipcover (pictured on the left) and the blu-ray movie that is pictured in the amazon link.
I will probably watch it this weekend.

JIMnUSF.jpg

Just to follow up, the Street Fighter II Blu-ray I bought off amazon.ca is in fact the Completely Uncut version.
Thanks for the information I received earlier.

It comes with this slipcover (pictured on the left) and the blu-ray movie that is pictured in the amazon link.
I will probably watch it this weekend.

JIMnUSF.jpg

Boobz.

"all sales are final".

There has to be some recourse here.

They shouldn't be able to sell a television, and give absolutely no indication that there is no stock of that tv and instead the wait time is a month and a half while charging my card that same day.

I mean, they are STILL selling that tv on their site. Kinda fucked. There is absolutely no "this tv is backordered" or wait time or anything.

I called my bank. They can do it no problem. The lady even said I was in the right and that I would get my money in 6 weeks.

The problem is that in the mean time, the store can dispute it or some shit, and that they can say that I will get my tv, so they are fulfilling their promise.

It's a risk because then the credit card can side with the store.

I asked her opinion, and she said it might be best to wait for the tv.

So yeah, lesson fucking learned.

Never deal with a store where "sales are final".

Were you given a delivery estimate when you bought it?

X-Factor

The Wii U bundle with Mario Kart 8 is still retailing for $329.99 in Canada.
The 3DS XL is $240 without a power adapter.

I think the Nintendo Switch will be at least $399 Canadian at launch. Bad value considering it does not come with a proper hard drive.
Nintendo seems to think 32 GB of flash memory is still competitive in 2017.

That would be suicide for what they are offering.

I'm expecting $399-$449 CDN. Which is why I put away $1k So I can buy the console a pro controller any of the accessories I'll need and multiple launch titles.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom