• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Canadian Gaming Deals & Discussion 8: Don't Move Here For The Deals

Status
Not open for further replies.

Moltenix

Starting to look more and more like $250 US is gonna be the base Switch price.

Suppose that's it, what are the chances we see $300 even though the exchange puts it at ~$330? I mean, the N3DSXL is $200 US and it's $239.99 CA even though the exchange rate is more like ~$264. Probably just wishful thinking on my part but 299.99 would be an easier sell to some people than 329.99.

etta

my hard graphic balls

Suppose that's it, what are the chances we see $300 even though the exchange puts it at ~$330? I mean, the N3DSXL is $200 US and it's $239.99 CA even though the exchange rate is more like ~$264. Probably just wishful thinking on my part but 299.99 would be an easier sell to some people than 329.99.

Yea they're gonna have to eat the costs like Sony is doing with the Pro, which should basically retail for $529-49 but they went with $499 because it would sell more at that price.
No idea why they didn't do the same for PS VR to be honest, should've been $499.

I think $300 is extremely unlikely. It would be cool if it happened but i'd fully set your expectations to $329 or even $350. Get pleasantly surprised if it's $300 but don't expect it.

They went with the full 40% exchange rate on the black friday 3DS too.

Corey31

Frankly with all the current predictions on how our dollar will do in 2017 I'd be thankful at it being just $329.99 and not higher due to factoring in future speculation.

Biggie

I got to get a switch day one... it's the only way to play the Nintendo games... I just hope it won't hurt my wallet to bad. If it 300+ USD ill cry while I'm doing it.
Shame they don't also release a cheaper non portable version of the console. Unless I'm going on a long trip I don't play my 3DS outside of my house.

Corey31

Everyday I change my mind whether I want a switch on launch day or not.

I will likely have one before 2017 is through but day one I have my doubts. I already have Zelda preordered on the Wii U at a great price on Amazon so having it on the Switch won't matter that much to me.

I'll only be getting the Switch at launch if there is a title that I really want to play, and if the price is around the rumoured $330 mark. Right now, my plan is to pick up a Switch whenever the new 3D Mario is available. That, of course, could change with the upcoming presentation. Donkey Kong, AC, or an interesting new IP would reel me in for Day 1, as well.

Hoping that EB Games will include the N3DS in their Switch trade-in promotion. I only really use mine to play Mario Maker and Pokémon, and both will be available on the Switch at some point anyway.

I'm fully expecting Switch to be $349.99. I don't think Nintendo has ever been kind when it comes to exchange rate; if anything they err on the side of charging too much.

I will likely have one before 2017 is through but day one I have my doubts. I already have Zelda preordered on the Wii U at a great price on Amazon so having it on the Switch won't matter that much to me.

Yeah and this spring we have backlog additions of
-Persona 5
-Nier Automata
-Mass Effect 4
-Replay of Persona 5 :)

What was that website where you could buy PC parts, and for a small fee they would build, test, and ship it for you?

I never built a PC before, so I'd rather do that

Does Shoppers Drug Mart usually get Nintendo games within the first week or so of launch?

It seems to depend wildly by store, like most things at Shoppers. I have one near me thet almost always has new games in stock, but basically every other one has nearly no new games.

etta

my hard graphic balls
NCIX. They are pretty great.
Yea for 50 bucks they build it properly, do cable management, test stability, and include a one year warranty. Not to mention Linus.
The best place for PC stuff, fuck Canada Computers. Every item I bought from them broke down (2 different HDDs, two sticks of RAM, and some Razer wireless headphones).

I haven't watched this thread as closely as I should have... But has New Super Mario Bros U ever been on sale? It's the only Wii u game I'm missing that I want

Trying to decide whether to wait or just pay full price

Yeah, his humour is pretty stale. Maybe he needs to... switch it up?

Move on to the NXt joke.

Ok, now that was bad.

ba_dum_tss_pirates_band_of_misfits.gif

The Wii U was not hard to find at launch. Then again it was the Wii U, so... not sure it that's relevant data.

I think only a couple dozen people realized it wasn't some sort of add-on for the Wii.

Sora_N

I haven't watched this thread as closely as I should have... But has New Super Mario Bros U ever been on sale? It's the only Wii u game I'm missing that I want

Trying to decide whether to wait or just pay full price

Keep an eye out and wait. Even Mario Kart was on sale at amazon at one point.

Hey. Just noticed that my Witcher 3 came with a sound track on disc. Does the Complete Edition have this? Was going to sell my original copy and pick up the Complete Edition next time it hits the $30 mark but if it doesn't come with the sound track...

Rbk_3

What was that website where you could buy PC parts, and for a small fee they would build, test, and ship it for you?

I never built a PC before, so I'd rather do that

I was in that boat a month ago. I ordered from NCIX and ordered the build. It was going to take for ever though and wouldn't be ready for Christmas so I just decided to just buy the parts and do it myself.

It was my first PC build and I had no idea what I was doing and was terrified at first, but it was very simple and the only tricky part was the CPU cooler but it was easy after watching a you tube video.

I highly recommend learning and doing it yourself, it is rewarding and will help you to troubleshoot in the future if there is an issue.

I did kind of screw up one thing though. I accidently screwed my mother board into the case with the 3.5" HDD mounting screws and cannot get them out again. Lesson learned there.

My build was

https://ca.pcpartpicker.com/list/cTJyLD

Kuro Madoushi

Unconfirmed Member
Yea for 50 bucks they build it properly, do cable management, test stability, and include a one year warranty. Not to mention Linus.
The best place for PC stuff, fuck Canada Computers. Every item I bought from them broke down (2 different HDDs, two sticks of RAM, and some Razer wireless headphones).
Linus isn't part of them anymore.

I was in that boat a month ago. I ordered from NCIX and ordered the build. It was going to take for ever though and wouldn't be ready for Christmas so I just decided to just buy the parts and do it myself.

It was my first PC build and I had no idea what I was doing and was terrified at first, but it was very simple and the only tricky part was the CPU cooler but it was easy after watching a you tube video.

I highly recommend learning and doing it yourself, it is rewarding and will help you to troubleshoot in the future if there is an issue.

I did kind of screw up one thing though. I accidently screwed my mother board into the case with the 3.5" HDD mounting screws and cannot get them out again. Lesson learned there.

My build was

https://ca.pcpartpicker.com/list/cTJyLD

Oh this looks nice. I may adjust some stuff to make it 2000 though

Vamphuntr

Thanks for the heads up! I've been looking to grab this, it seems to be a real sleeper hit from last year. I've even seen it creep on a couple year end lists.

It's a JRPG that tries to act as "my first dungeon crawler" kind of thing. It's fun for what it is and it's a good price for it. Since it's a Japanese game the two executives of the video game company in the game tries to molest your character on multiple occasions.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom