• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Canadian Gaming Deals & Discussion 8: Don't Move Here For The Deals

Status
Not open for further replies.

Rbk_3

Oh this looks nice. I may adjust some stuff to make it 2000 though

What build are you thinking? $2000 before taxes? This thing is a beast and I am very happy with it.

Don't forget to do the online price match with NCIX, they price matched everything for me. Also, check other sites like Canada Computers that aren't on PC part picker.

I actually ended up cancelling and bought at Canada Computers because there was a location much closer to me, so I picked a few parts, such as the ram and the motherboard to match their price.

Give me your price and ill see what the best build I can come up with for that price.

canonj

I don't think the switch will be hard to find on launch day. But then I was wrong about the nes classic, I should have become a full timer flipper...

I also don't think it will be too hard to find a Switch. Besides the Wii, I can't think of any Nintendo console or portable that was difficult to buy without a preorder on day 1. GBA, GameCube, DS, 3DS and Wii U could all be easily purchased on launch day where I live.

That being said, I'm still going to preorder a Switch...just in case.

I wasn't going to preorder but I keep hearing people mentioning the Switch.. I never used to hear anyone mentioning Nintendo consoles before launch other than the Wii. I'll also preorder just to be sure.

Does Shoppers Drug Mart do preorders for consoles? I have a huge number of points I could use towards it

Firestorm

I also don't think it will be too hard to find a Switch. Besides the Wii, I can't think of any Nintendo console or portable that was difficult to buy without a preorder on day 1. GBA, GameCube, DS, 3DS and Wii U could all be easily purchased on launch day where I live.

GameCube definitely sold out before Christmas in my area. I remember getting the last one before Christmas only because someone cancelled their pre-order.

Mimosa97

I wasn't going to preorder but I keep hearing people mentioning the Switch.. I never used to hear anyone mentioning Nintendo consoles before launch other than the Wii. I'll also preorder just to be sure.

Does Shoppers Drug Mart do preorders for consoles? I have a huge number of points I could use towards it

Nope they don't but if you know someone at your local SDM they could put one aside for you on launch day.

Also a lot of SDMs are leaving the videogame business so be sure to call them before you get there.

I had to pre-order and line up at Toys R Us to make sure I got my Gamecube........and then I locked my keys in the trunk and had to wait for my dad to bring his keys because I had to be somewhere quickly =/

So yea, it was tougher to get then the Wii U lol

c0pium

Neo Member

Does anyone know when pre-orders at Best Buy are going live?

killroy87

When the price of a refurbed portable console with 15 years old hardware is almost the same as the price of a new gen home console ...

Nintendo will never stop hustling.
Lol if it's still selling to the point of being impossible to find, it doesn't make much sense to drop the price.

jokkir

Thanks. I actually saw that earlier, but it's way out of my price range lol

That's perfect, thanks! I think I know exactly where the Bloor location is

It may be expensive in there as well so just a heads up. I go there all the time lol

MikeRahl

Speaking of Gamecube, I remembered when I preordered it from EB Games they forced you into a bundle (Xbox was the same way).

I ended up with Luigi's Mansion and Rogue Squadron... I think the other options were Tony Hawk 3, Wave Race and Super Monkey Ball,

They also made you buy just the worst 3rd party controller ever as well, some hunk of plastic from interac.

Moltenix

Speaking of Gamecube, I remembered when I preordered it from EB Games they forced you into a bundle (Xbox was the same way).

I ended up with Luigi's Mansion and Rogue Squadron... I think the other options were Tony Hawk 3, Wave Race and Super Monkey Ball,

They also made you buy just the worst 3rd party controller ever as well, some hunk of plastic from interac.

Pretty sure this hasn't been the case with the latest generation of consoles. Launch bundles seem dumb anyway. I'd imagine most people picking up a new system will be getting at least a game and maybe some accessories like extra controllers.

MikeRahl

Pretty sure this hasn't been the case with the latest generation of consoles. Launch bundles seem dumb anyway. I'd imagine most people picking up a new system will be getting at least a game and maybe some accessories like extra controllers.

Oh I know, just reminiscing. I don't recall this being the case for either the PS3/360 generation OR the latest one.

Although it looks like GameStop is doing it again with NES Classics in the states at least to move less desirable inventory....

soultron

Banned
I refuse to preorder if it's going to be bundled with a bunch of useless shit.

Zelda bundle? Sure, I'm down. Anything else? Fuck right off.

MikeRahl

I think for PS4 launch I walked out with Knack and an extra controller, and the next day I went and upgraded Battlefield, Assassins Creed and Call of Duty from the Future Shop madness trade-in deal.

I don't even remember if there was an option for a bundle.

Moltenix

If the price and launch titles are good, Switch might be my first day-one system. How many games do you guys normally pick up at launch?

I'm thinking BotW + another game. $160 before tax for two games though, damn that just feels wrong!

If the price and launch titles are good, Switch might be my first day-one system. How many games do you guys normally pick up at launch?

I'm thinking BotW + another game. $160 before tax for two games though, damn that just feels wrong!

All the good ones(most likely the first-party stuff).

For the Wii U, I came back home home with only NSMBU and Nintendo Land(deluxe bundle).

Pre-order start tomorrow...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tXsEukR7kJ4

15873396_10154311114298723_6425097915483212661_n.jpg

CRA5H

Anyone know where or if it's even possible to get a Surface Pro 3 for a cheap price? Pro 4 is a bit on the pricey end still.

Fularu

Banned
When the price of a refurbed portable console with 15 years old hardware is almost the same as the price of a new gen home console ...

Nintendo will never stop hustling.

Nothing in the New3DS is 15 years old technology.

Heck nothing is 5 years old outside of the microsd slot maybe.

I just think everyone underestimated demand of the 3DS over the holiday. Stores were stocked full back in September and October. Retailers probably just ordered the BF SKU.

CazTGG

Since we're talking PCs, I was wondering if I could get some feedback on one i'm planning on building: https://ca.pcpartpicker.com/list/yyNpVY

The plan is to have a PC that's powerful but relatively quiet, namely since it will be used for recording audio and editing videos along with the usual video games (the last PC I built was pretty noisy thanks to cheaping out on a poor case and going with the stock CPU cooler AMD provided). Right now, i'm torn on:
-Whether the extra cash for the 7700K is worth it or if I should stick with a 6700K and upgrade it when it becomes less expensive
-Whether I should go with Hitachi or Seagate for my RAID 5 storage or if I should look to another brand of HDDs for massive storage (Those video files add up over time. Ex: One video I did on Fire Emblem Fates had well over 1TB of game footage)

Any feedback would be appreciated.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom