• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Canadian Gaming Deals & Discussion 8: Don't Move Here For The Deals

Status
Not open for further replies.

DJ_Lae

I was thinking $2000 with taxes. I only have a 1080p monitor so as long as I can play a game like Doom (2016) or Witcher 3 at max, with 1080p/60fps I'm good. I don't even know if that's doable with Canadian prices.

But I plan on buying/building a PC perhaps next year. Right now I'm saving for school stuff. Hopefully next year things get cheaper

$2k will get you a pretty fantastic PC for that price. I'm currently picking up parts very similar to what Rbk put together, although I went overboard on the cooler and case and ended up dropping down to a 1070 instead of 1080 (which is overkill even for 144fps 1080p). You could fairly easily drop down to $2,000 by going with a cheaper case, CPU cooler, and motherboard (and possibly a smaller SSD or hard drive depending on the sale prices).

But in a year's time you'll be able to build something even better - I would assume, at least. Right now PC parts seem to be on the pricey side.

Firestorm

I was thinking $2000 with taxes. I only have a 1080p monitor so as long as I can play a game like Doom (2016) or Witcher 3 at max, with 1080p/60fps I'm good. I don't even know if that's doable with Canadian prices.

But I plan on buying/building a PC perhaps next year. Right now I'm saving for school stuff. Hopefully next year things get cheaper

Of the build you saw, you can grab a GTX 1070 instead of 1080, a less expensive motherboard, and if you aren't doing video editing you can grab an i5 instead of i7 and save quite a bit on the build you were linked. $2000 is doable.

So I'm thinking of grabbing an LG 43" 4k HDR TV, will probably end up being $900 with tax, would this be a worthy lasting investment? I got my first 1080p a year ago but I already kinda feel like I'm being left behind by gaming and pretty soon everything else. I don't see another consumer resolution bump happening for another 6-7 years at least, would I be correct in assuming so?

I am guessing/hoping that Switch orders will start immediately at 10am the next day at EB. Seems like they are ready to go judging by their website.

killroy87

So I'm thinking of grabbing an LG 43" 4k HDR TV, will probably end up being $900 with tax, would this be a worthy lasting investment? I got my first 1080p a year ago but I already kinda feel like I'm being left behind by gaming and pretty soon everything else. I don't see another consumer resolution bump happening for another 6-7 years at least, would I be correct in assuming so?

If you only got your first 1080p a year ago, I have to assume that these kinds of things aren't truly important to you. With that in mind, I'd wait a couple years until HDR implementation is better, cheaper, and more standardized. 4K HDR isn't priced strictly for enthusiasts anymore, but the quality still isn't foolproof.

Riptwo

The increasingly loud Switch hype makes me miss Tsilon and their discounts even more. I don't think I would have bought a Wii U anywhere near launch if it wasn't for their promo! F5ing for hours to pay high Canadian prices is gonna hurt.

Bronetta

Ask me about the moon landing or the temperature at which jet fuel burns. You may be surprised at what you learn.
The increasingly loud Switch hype makes me miss Tsilon and their discounts even more. I don't think I would have bought a Wii U anywhere near launch if it wasn't for their promo! F5ing for hours to pay high Canadian prices is gonna hurt.

I miss Futureshop in general, they used to have good deals all the time.

I got the ZombiU bundle from them (Wii U Deluxe with Pro controller, ZombiU and Nintendoland) for $330 back in March 2013.

The console STILL retails for $330 snd thats without the Pro controller.

jcutner

Oh Tsilon. RIP. Better times for us Canadians.

Ebay counterfeit item question.

I recently bought a MTG Card from a seller who sells "altered" ( by altered I mean painted ) cards and I found out the card I got was a fake. What kind of proof do I need to provide to Ebay for them to look into this?

The person has now started putting a disclaimer on his new ads saying he paints fake cards but the original listing never said this. Isn't this against the rules of ebay?

File an "item not as described" claim. eBay will likely rule in your favour.

A week ago I randomly brought up Tsilon with someone and it made me look through my old emails (I couldn't remember what I got with their Free Game February promotion). So much DLC and coupons from them. Good times.

(The free game was ME3 CE. Not technically free since they only covered $60, but for $20 it was a pretty solid deal.)

Sealtest

File an "item not as described" claim. eBay will likely rule in your favour.

Don't I need some sort of proof though? I asked my local LGS who confirmed it was a fake but I dont know how I can relay that to Ebay.

Edit - Upon looking at the sellers page all of his new postings have been taken down. I don't know by him or by Ebay.

kennah

Don't I need some sort of proof though? I asked my local LGS who confirmed it was a fake but I dont know how I can relay that to Ebay.

Edit - Upon looking at the sellers page all of his new postings have been taken down. I don't know by him or by Ebay.

I'm sure a letter from the LGS would be fine. But they'll probably just take you on your word.

Xaero Gravity

NEXT LEVEL lame™
Lol. A friend of mine is freaking out because Amazon still doesn't have an estimated delivery date on DQVIII. So glad I stopped dealing with them.

krae_man

only 13 left? holy shit why are these going so fast? it can't be for that pin..

wait what am i saying. of course it is.

I'm still mad I don't have the Pin for 2.5. The game got stolen out of my mailbox and my replacement was from the second print run and contained no pin.

My new monitor was suppose to be delivery by Purolator today and was out for delivery since 7:25am. Half an hour ago i see a Purolator truck drive by my house, and then 15 mins after that my tracking information updated to Delayed in Transit.

Did the delivery guy just forget about my package and then realized he missed it and said screw it?

Haha i finally understand all the shipping talk in this thread.

SickBoy

So, it looks like RFD just found out they were hacked back in 2013 and had cleartext passwords. Just a heads up if you've got an account over there.

Link to the Facebook post announcing the breach - https://goo.gl/wYhV70

Wow.

Fortunately, the password I use there is unique and really the only info that it uses is one of my spam email addresses. It's great that no personal information was taken, but hopefully people secure their accounts quickly... because anyone whose name/pass details remain unchanged risks losing whatever other information is linked with their account.

pervasive

Neo Member
Anyone know of any stores in Vaughan or Toronto, around King Station or something, that are selling the New 3DS, the regular or XL version doesn't matter. I can't find any and I missed the Black Friday sale so I'm having trouble finding it.

etta

my hard graphic balls
How do you use the online services for a Best Buy credit card? I just got mine in the mail with no instructions whether to use it on the Best Buy website or Desjardins.
Is it the AccesD thing that I have to register for?

Bronetta

Ask me about the moon landing or the temperature at which jet fuel burns. You may be surprised at what you learn.
How do you use the online services for a Best Buy credit card? I just got mine in the mail with no instructions whether to use it on the Best Buy website or Desjardins.
Is it the AccesD thing that I have to register for?

Best Buy cant even run a functional website and you got a credit card with them?

...lol

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom