• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Canadian Gaming Deals & Discussion 8: Don't Move Here For The Deals

Status
Not open for further replies.

chrono01

Ugh!

Zelda looks amazing, but I don't want to buy a new console for a single game, when I know I'll have to wait the rest of the year for anything else substantial (that being Mario). I'm glad to see SMT-something and NMH3 (?) get announced, but we know so little of either. Xenoblade Chronicles 2, as well, but still...

Mimosa97

This is what always happens to me. I keep shitting on Nintendo and then they blow my mind with a new Zelda and I end up buying the console just to play ONE game.

It already happened to me with the Wii and Twilight Princess. Now I'm about to drop 479.99$ + Taxes for a console that I don't even want just to play one stupid game.

Fuck my life.

Also that Zelda trailer made me feel like I was 10 years old all over again. Holy fucking shit I'm shaking right now.

Jo-El

Between the high price, having to pay for online, and Mario not coming until the end of the year, I think I'll pass for now. Hopefully they haven't canceled the Wii U version of Zelda.

kevin1025

Banned
Mario Kart 8 Deluxe in April.

So in terms of big games, there's Zelda at launch, Mario Kart 8 in April, Splatoon 2 in summer, and Mario Odyssey in fall.

Vibranium

Banned
Yeah, I'll wait on it. I will say that Nintendo needs to make the online fee way cheaper than PS+ or Xbox Live Gold or they might have a hard time getting people to pay for it.

Skikkiks

There were only three things I actually want in that presentation.

One has a Holiday 2017 release
One got a 2 second teaser
One is basically not much more than an idea

My money is #safe, friends.

Moltenix

EB Games Canada ‏@EBGamesCanada 53s53 seconds ago
Pre-orders for the #NintendoSwitch go live at 9am EST January 13! #Nintendo #Switch #NintendoSwitchPresentation

Mupod

Unless Capcom pulls monster hunter out of their ass, yeah it's looking like I'll be keeping this ancient preorder of Wii U zelda. Unless that's canned.

Basically a Zelda machine for like 4 months until Splatoon comes out.

This is what always happens to me. I keep shitting on Nintendo and then they blow my mind with a new Zelda and I end up buying the console just to play ONE game.

It already happened to me with the Wii and Twilight Princess. Now I'm about to drop 479.99$ + Taxes for a console that I don't even want just to play one stupid game.

Fuck my life.

Also that Zelda trailer made me feel like I was 10 years old all over again. Holy fucking shit I'm shaking right now.

And Zelda's the one game you don't actually need a Switch for. So man, I don't know. Also, I feel like for maybe the first time ever, we don't have any guarantee the Switch version will actually look or perform better than the Wii U version.

Palehorse

That price legit shook me. I was thinking $330, $350. But $400 is a major outlay for just Mario and Zelda...

Then the Zelda trailer hit and man....they got me. They got me on this one. So yes. I'm paying over $500 for one effing game. It's my childhood, it's my jam, it's my 'you had me at hello'.

I guess once you add in Mario it's $600 after tax for both games and the console once Mario hits in the summer. I hope there's more magic coming out.

Hoping that poor sales + higher dollar will lead to $299 with mario odyssey at xmas.

Awful for today though. Really big letdown presentation.

UberTag

Unless Capcom pulls monster hunter out of their ass, yeah it's looking like I'll be keeping this ancient preorder of Wii U zelda. Unless that's canned.
Wouldn't that just be the ultimate dick move by Nintendo at this point?
I don't see them canning it but I can easily see them delaying it for well after the Switch launch window... just because.

Xaero Gravity

NEXT LEVEL lame™
I just can't justify spending over $400 just to play a game I can play on the Wii U, and I don't care enough about Nintendo games to buy a Switch before the next Zelda.

catspit

You guys would be better off grabbing a wiiu + Zelda and waiting for a switch price drop later on.. Anyone else think the switch looks tiny?

diaspora

Zelda looks better than any other game this generation and looks better than anything else coming out. But... I can play it on Wii U so why get a Switch for it?

Yeah, I'm super out.

Launch titles are what:
1-2 Switch
Arms
Maybe Skyrim Port
Zelda (One saving grace but also on Wii U)

A whole lot of hopes and futures and no content in that presentation...

Moltenix

is Wii U BotW coming in March? Will happily play my discounted Amazon copy and avoid the Switch until it's got a library built up with some price drops.

Hedgey

tkBnq.png

I think I'm going to wait

was very interested in buying day one, but the price of everything combined with the fact that I have a $50 Zelda preorder stops me from going day one.

UberTag

You guys would be better off grabbing a wiiu + Zelda and waiting for a switch price drop later on.. Anyone else think the switch looks tiny?
The JoyCons certainly do. I'm worried how easy they'll be to use with my giant gorilla-sized hands.

vinnygambini

Why are strippers at the U.N. bad when they're great at strip clubs???
Yeah, I'm super out.

Launch titles are what:
1-2 Switch
Arms
Maybe Skyrim Port
Zelda (One saving grace but also on Wii U)

A whole lot of hopes and futures and no content in that presentation...

I was told that was not the case lol

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom