• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Canadian Gaming Deals & Discussion 8: Don't Move Here For The Deals

Status
Not open for further replies.
Aint touching any game special editions but i'll cop it once it goes live on amazon.ca hopefully, thankfully i slept early today..knowing some sort of glitch will happen and it'll come out 8 am eastern time lol

saskuatch

Four hundo? Ya'll are crazy.

no kidding I was super excited for this, but I am not going to enroll in the main-board manufacturer lottery for 400 bucks. I'll wait till the fall once they get their manufacturing sorted out and do their inevitable price drop. I don't see how they could compete with a possible 299 CAD ps4 in the fall at 399......

MarkusRJR

Man, $400 for a Switch is expensive. I was expecting $300-$350.

What's more worrying is the price of accessories tbh. $90 for just a Pro controller is insane. $140 for the joycons + grip (a full controller) is a complete ripoff.

That combined with paid online (which offloads all proper online management to a smartphone app) and a paltry launch window line-up really removed all of my hype for the Switch. I'll definitely get one later down the line once Pokémon comes to it but not anytime near launch.

What a disappointment.

yeah it's not really a must buy system right now, which im happy about just in case i have to wait to get mine i can just wait to for the price to lower.

I-hate-u

Will they get bigger shelf space in best buy now even if it doesn't preform well, which it won't. Last time I went in on boxing it they had like 1/8th of an aisle for the 3DS games (not even hardware), and virtually no Wii U products.

Feeroper

Does anyone knoe if these stores taking pre-orders at 9am EST are actually going to open early as well? Like EB Games for instance? Or is it online ordering starting at 9?

keakster

Such a big letdown.

For sure. Following all of the leaks I really expected more. Obviously my own fault for getting on the hype train but starting with the announcement of the price and paid online the presentation was disappointing.

That Zelda trailer was amazing though

kennah

Ugh. My sons 7th birthday is in march and I had totally wanted to do the 'shit your pants got a new console' birthday surprise for him. But I can't do it at $600
and still with no job since we moved

Thank God Super Mario Odyssey doesn't come out until the holiday season. That was the one thing that would have actually made me consider paying $400 for the Switch.

I'll have the rest of the year to play Overwatch clear my backlog on PS4 now, so it works out.

For 400 bucks and it seems no good games coming out at launch, I'm just going to wait and not pre-order.

I can already see a splatoon 2 & Mario Odyseey bundle coming out when those games come out.

But paid online play for a Nintendo System? Not sure about this.

Mupod

Yeah I thought this was a lock as the first console I'd ever be in for on day 1. Not happening now.

On the bright side my very last $40 Future Shop preorder is Wii U Zelda. I've moved twice and that credit card expired last year, but I was able to adjust my Tokyo Mirage Sessions order last time. So here's hoping I can update the Zelda order. If I can't, oh well. Nothing about that game has really grabbed me yet either.

True Fire

Are they selling interchangeable red and blue joycons? The mismatched colours are hideous but I don't want another drab gray console

Sealtest

For people wondering my EBGames placeholder just switched to

NINTENDO SWITCH GRY HW

Not sure if its just random or everyone gets grey.

FAST racing. prob wii u port

Either that, or more likely Redout, which is apparently part of the launch window lineup.

OK thanks! Do you guys think these are going to go out fast?

Yes, just because Nintendo will probably only produce seven of them. But it probably won't be NES Classic levels of fast, especially given the tepid response here. If people who buy tons of games are balking at the price, it's hard to imagine the general public being super excited for $400+.

UberTag

Depends on how enthusiastic the RedFlagDeals scalper community is on this.
They might think last night's conference went swimmingly and these will move with 150% markup as quickly as the NES Classics did.

At first, yea. But I highly doubt they will be very hard to get like the NES mini is.

Unless I get some some gift cards for my Bday on March 1, I'm going to wait for either a bundle (like a Zelda or Mario bundle) or I feel crazy enough to just buy it one day because of Zelda.

But the prices for the accessories are nuts IMO.

Now I am gonna have to figure out what to do with the eb games credit I had been collecting that I was gonna use for a Switch. No reason to use it for new games since I have prime.

hmmm I'm back in.

My wife has been waiting years to play that Puyo Pop Tetris game and she was so excited that it's being released that I can't let her down. She saw the games and like screamed for Puyo and Bomberman. Pretty cute.

Honestly, I always regretted not getting a Wii-U until last year. I missed out on great games for no reason. As a primarily Steam gamer, I have no problem with a Nintendo game every month or two and the droughts don't phase me at all since I have like 100 games in my Steam backlog.

So is online the way to do this then?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom