• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Canadian Gaming Deals & Discussion 8: Don't Move Here For The Deals

Status
Not open for further replies.

big_z

I'd do it. Except I still need to finish Xenoblade X and #FE.

Because that's the only way I am getting the $250 price point that I would get the switch it.

I need to finish #FE too but if I sell I will do so on kijiji. The EB trade deal is low, you can easily get another 50-75 on kijiji.

I got this copy of FFXV I don't want. I might as well just trade it in for Breath of the Wild assuming I'm reading this x2 trade value promo correct. So I'd get at least $60 if FFXV trades in for $30?

Luigi87

Bah, trying to cancel a pre-order from Amazon, that was combined with an E3 order I already got... It's telling me I can't cancel and need to contact customer service, and sadly seems I will have to as I can't cancel via mobile either.

tiijj

Soo I wonder if amazon will let me switch my wii u zelda botw copy to a nintendo switch copy.

...switch...

tumblr_na52cjjkDe1sgl0ajo1_1280.gif

I'll end up with the collector's ed tho.

Kunan

So jeally of that BestBuy US thread where people are still pre-ordering! I hope we can secure pre-orders easily in the morning.

killroy87

They haven't run out? That's a good sign.

Playing the shortage game with that launch line up might backfire.

I dont think the presentation blew the general population away haha. Why they didn't do a North American specific Direct is beyond me. That was painful to sit through, especially considering it was like the time and place to sell the console to people.

And that poor, poor translator. I don't know if he was to blame, but he was brutal.

EvilMario

Will QA for food.
I was considering an online pre-order to be safe, then going to a store to get one. But.. I think I'll just stick with an online order. I'm not dying to get it on launch day that much now..

tiijj

I dont think the presentation blew the general population away haha. Why they didn't do a North American specific Direct is beyond me. That was painful to sit through, especially considering it was like the time and place to sell the console to people.

And that poor, poor translator. I don't know if he was to blame, but he was brutal.

That was really bad, the main translator probably has the script for kimishima's speech but the other guy was translating on the fly which is really difficult.

I was considering an online pre-order to be safe, then going to a store to get one. But.. I think I'll just stick with an online order. I'm not dying to get it on launch day that much now..

EB might let you do an order for in store through their website. That's what I will do if available.

Question about the Joycon Grip. The one you can buy separately (for 40 CAD) says it's a CHARGING grip specifically. The one bundled with the console says no such thing.

This sin't implying that you can only charge your joycons and play in handheld mode or with the extra charging grip...right?

eyesradar

Question about the Joycon Grip. The one you can buy separately (for 40 CAD) says it's a CHARGING grip specifically. The one bundled with the console says no such thing.

This sin't implying that you can only charge your joycons and play in handheld mode or with the extra charging grip...right?

Yeah I looked into that as well. No charging joy-grip only for the bundle it seems. But the battery life on the joy cons are supposed to last ~20hrs with a 3hr charging window.

seantos

Neo Member
First the occulus rift, then ps vr and now the nintendo switch. All things I was super hyped to preorder and all things where the price just killed them for me. Our dollar is just so disappointing right now. The worst part is the low dollar isn't even bringing any manufacturing here or really helping exports. It just sucks our buying power is basically garbage now.

Anth0ny

it's amazing. this is the first time I've ever genuinely felt that I don't need a nintendo console day one

i'll grab zelda on wii u and I'm golden.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom