• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Canadian Gaming Deals & Discussion 8: Don't Move Here For The Deals

Status
Not open for further replies.

Luigi87

I'm worried that the Zelda CEs (god I hope the non-Master one releases here) will be EB exclusive.
... I mean, wouldn't be the first time in Canada.

Has anyone been able to order the Zelda Limited (not Master) edition in Canada? I don't see it online anywhere and was wondering if anybody enquired into it for in-store pre-orders.

My local EB had one available for in-store pre-order. Not sure about elsewhere. Other than EB's website, I haven't seen it online in Canada.

zroid

Banned
I mean, I don't particularly want the Master Sword statue, but aren't people overreacting to the fact it's bent? Looks kinda funny, but it's probably been manhandled making the trip to NY. I'd rather the thing bend after being stressed than simply snap, no?

Sealtest

I'm worried that the Zelda CEs (god I hope the non-Master one releases here) will be EB exclusive.
... I mean, wouldn't be the first time in Canada.

Yeah but EB Games would be flaunting that it's exclusive and I haven't seen anything showing that

killroy87

I mean, I don't particularly want the Master Sword statue, but aren't people overreacting to the fact it's bent? Looks kinda funny, but it's probably been manhandled making the trip to NY. I'd rather the thing bend after being stressed than simply snap, no?

It's more just that you're paying like $130 extra for a pretty low quality statue. No one expects Sideshow Collectibles quality, but there are examples of better things like this for that price (especially considering it's not the most ambitious design ever.

GunFalcon

Able to preorder through amazon and bestbuy (after having to try multiple cards...). Going to cancel one closer to release...

Still scared they will both get cancelled however.

zroid

Banned
It's more just that you're paying like $130 extra for a pretty low quality statue. No one expects Sideshow Collectibles quality, but there are examples of better things like this for that price (especially considering it's not the most ambitious design ever.

But it only costs $30 USD more than the version without the statue

Yep. You can get PVC scale animu figures imported from japan for around the same price that are much more detailed and higher in quality.

zroid

Banned
Make no mistake, that statue-less version is highway robbery :p.

Coin, Case, Map, and CD can't be more than $20-25 of raw materials, when mass produced.

Yeah, and the Special Edition costs $40 USD more than the base game, right? I don't think charging $40 for a bunch of limited crap is highway robbery, particularly including the case which is pretty high quality and would cost no less than $20-30 at retail. Certainly not compared to the going rate of CEs which always have ridiculously bloated prices.

I despise what the exchange rate has done to our prices, but if that thing was 100 bucks Canadian I'd consider that pretty fair tbh

pre-order_zpsxliru51a.jpg

CazTGG

I have an E3 pre-order for the Wii U version of Breath of the Wild. Should I contact CS to see if they can, pun not intended, switch it up?

Cru Jones

I have an E3 pre-order for the Wii U version of Breath of the Wild. Should I contact CS to see if they can, pun not intended, switch it up?

They aren't even the same price.

Edit: They are, I didn't realize that the Wii U version is now list price as $79.99

Fularu

Banned

They can't, not anymore anyway. You could try going through a supervisor but it's going to be tricky.

If you have prime they're both the same price anyway, unless your preorder is a few years old when the game was 65$ and you had a 30% discount on top of it

Kyolux

They can't, not anymore anyway. You could try going through a supervisor but it's going to be tricky.

If you have prime they're both the same price anyway, unless your preorder is a few years old when the game was 65$ and you had a 30% discount on top of it

Yeah, the best thing to do is probably to sell that Wii U copy back on kijiji or something for some profits to diminish the cost of that Switch version. That's what I told my friend in the same situation to do.

EvilMario

Will QA for food.
Wow I was barely paying attention to the pre-order idea and they're all gone? Lolol this is NES Classic all over again. Insane.

Walked into an EBgames at noon in Toronto and preordered. They were out of the coloured variety and each store had 1-2 Zelda CE apparently, but glad the weight is off my shoulders. Hilarious the people on here that are saying "It was up for 5 minutes, I don't know what to tell you"

Update on my experience with my local EB, which has the benefit of a very friendly and helpful representative: Switches were plentiful (with more than enough to cover the dozen of us who were there at opening, and more grey than neon), Master Zelda sold out right away (they had about four), and there was no sign of Limited Zelda in their system just yet, so those of us who put money down on the standard cart were put on top of a waiting list for upgrading our orders if that edition should show up later.

Still keeping an eye out for Limited Zelda online just in case.

Brandson

Walked into an EBgames at noon in Toronto and preordered. They were out of the coloured variety and each store had 1-2 Zelda CE apparently, but glad the weight is off my shoulders. Hilarious the people on here that are saying "It was up for 5 minutes, I don't know what to tell you"

Glad that you got one, but spamming Amazon.ca before and after 9am and being unable to place an order, and then my EB being sold out at 11am didn't feel that hilarious to me.

Indelible

I walked into ebgames and pre-ordered a grey Switch and the Master Edition of Zelda, I was told there were only five left so this will be hard to find like all Nintendo Collectors Editions.

SickBoy

There were a bunch of people at the little EB near my house, and the phone was ringing a lot, too. So I'd be surprised if they had stock till noon. Probably with online sales long being sold out, the further you go west, the more demand you'll see at physical retail.

I got my preorder. Not sure I'll keep it, but I wanted time to wrap my head around my feelings. Pretty big disappointment last night for me.

leeman

Looks like once/if the master edition goes up, it won't have the prime discount activated before it runs out?

If it's ordered, can it be granted after the fact if we talk to customer service?

Also, a full 80 for Bomberman?! Damn, Konami.

Not necessarily, most of the games Amazon put up today had the Prime discount from the beginning. Looks like maybe 3rd party games were lacking it.

But yes, you can just chat / email Amazon CS and they will apply it for you :).

Fularu

Banned
Looks like once/if the master edition goes up, it won't have the prime discount activated before it runs out?

If it's ordered, can it be granted after the fact if we talk to customer service?

Also, a full 80 for Bomberman?! Damn, Konami.

Hey now, I paid 110$ for Bomberman '94 back in the day! And 80$ for Bomberman S!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom