• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Canadian Gaming Deals & Discussion 8: Don't Move Here For The Deals

Status
Not open for further replies.
THOSE WHO WANT A RED/BLUE SYSTEM:

My cousin went to his local EB games to (unsuccessfully) pre order stuff. This is what he texted me:

"And if you want a red and blue system... You have to buy the black one, and get the girl to write that the person wanted the blue and red.. And the employee all were told pre orders would start at the end of the month"

Then, when I asked about why orders today are so damn limited when they won't be ordered until end of the month:

"That what's they were told.. The girl watched the conference and when they said start tomorrow, she said her boss called her to come in earlier"
And the check out system is tripping out, some products dont even have skus yet, but they know the quantity they have to sell and are writing down what's being sold

She said there is no product code for the blue and red.. But she knows she can sell them cause they have quantity listed

Employee are being told to write down that you got the blue and red and will call you back to confirm purchase, otherwise you'll have pre ordered the black one

EDIT: A user below didn't seem to need to jump through these hoops, so YMMV?

This is wrong. They had no problem ordering neon systems when I went this morning. They had an allocation for both colors.

antibolo

Banned
I feel like I probably won't buy as many games now that they're so expensive, but is that the main reason people are going physical?

I'm going physical (with Prime) because it's going to be cheaper than digital.

I generally prefer digital on handhelds but with the shitty Canadian pricing I'll save whatever I can.

AzerPhire

My cousin went to his local EB games to (unsuccessfully) pre order stuff. This is what he texted me:

Then, when I asked about why orders today are so damn limited when they won't be ordered until end of the month:

This is wrong. They had no problem ordering neon systems when I went this morning. They had an allocation for both colors.

zroid

Banned
The Zelda Switch case in the CE is pretty cool...

they're showing it in detail on the live stream

looks like it has compartments for games and shit

antibolo

Banned

Sounds like a mess. I guess I won't bother going out of my way for the neon model. If I can get it, great, if not, whatevs.

Big Chungus

Just got an order in for the Switch at BestBuy, i checked my order history and it's there but I still haven't received a confirmation email.

Riptwo

Is the non-Master Zelda special edition available for preorder in-store at EB? Trying to figure out if I need to move my work team meeting to some place near a store or not.

Big Chungus

Has anyone tried pre-ordering in person at Best Buy yet?

I'm on the west coast so they aren't even open here yet.

i've asked their twitter and on their forums but no response

their switch page says preorders only online...so i have no idea

oGp7wZI.png

My fiance went to EB Games in Kitchener, Ontario about 5 minutes ago. She pre-ordered the neon console with no issues. They were unable to let her pre-order the pro controller though which was odd. No SKU in their system yet maybe?

iphys

I'm going physical (with Prime) because it's going to be cheaper than digital.

I generally prefer digital on handhelds but with the shitty Canadian pricing I'll save whatever I can.

I really don't like the whole idea of Prime and want to avoid using it if possible. If Nintendo manage to make MyNintendo a better incentive for Switch, buying digitally might not work out so bad. Maybe I should wait to see if Shoppers carries the games, as that would be the best deal though.

explodet

Woke up late and saw all the posts about the usual online preordering clusterfuck. Went and lined up for a Switch preorder at the Eaton Centre EB, locked it in about an hour ago.

They were no longer taking preorders of BotW Master Editions (they were out), but thankfully I'm not big on CE's these days.

Brandson

Just went to the EB Games at Commerce Court when grabbing lunch. The store was empty, but they were nevertheless already sold out of Switches, somehow. I find that a bit surprising considering that location isn't exactly a gamer destination from what I can tell.

Returners

Just went to the EB Games at Commerce Court when grabbing lunch. The store was empty, but they were nevertheless already sold out of Switches, somehow. I find that a bit surprising considering that location isn't exactly a gamer destination from what I can tell.

You'll be surprised. People go there coming in for work at 8am.

Last time for NES classic, they had a 50+ people line before 8am.

explodet

I was there this morning around 9:30, and there was a line for preorders. They ran out of preorders and cut off the line, which is why I had to go to the EB at the Eaton Centre.

That location opening at 8am didn't help.

Brinbe

Woke up late and saw all the posts about the usual online preordering clusterfuck. Went and lined up for a Switch preorder at the Eaton Centre EB, locked it in about an hour ago.

They were no longer taking preorders of BotW Master Editions (they were out), but thankfully I'm not big on CE's these days.

Ha, I probably saw you there.

The EB Games that I went to this morning had 7 red/blue and 28 grey. I made sure to snag a red/blue and had full intention of pre-ordering the Zelda Master Edition also, but this EB Games only had one pre-order available for it. ONE! I was third in line, so I'm shit out of luck. Oh well, come on Amazon...

sh1fty

Good luck to everyone hunting for the pre-orders!

I'm probably holding off until at least Holiday 2017... With the system price of $399 CAD, the pro controller probably $99 and Zelda $79... that's alot of money to spend for 1 game.

Once Mario Odyssey is out and (hopefully) Pokemon Sun & Moon, I'll seriously consider it.

Has anyone been able to order the Zelda Limited (not Master) edition in Canada? I don't see it online anywhere and was wondering if anybody enquired into it for in-store pre-orders.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom