• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Canadian Gaming Deals & Discussion 8: Don't Move Here For The Deals

Status
Not open for further replies.

antibolo

Banned
Weird, I'm not seeing any of them via a search.

Pre-ordering Mario and Zelda now, for the rest the jury is still up.

I also want Puyo Puyo Tetris but I think they mentioned that it will be cheaper at digital?

Cmagus

Best buy just had a few pre-orders open up on their site so I'd keep my eye out on it. I've seen pre-orders open back up 3 times now this morning but I mean you'll need to be lightning quick.

Sealtest

So does the Switch come with a USB C to power adapter or is it just one unit?

Hoping I'll be able to charge it using just a cable provided with my PC.

suikodan

Managed to get one on EB's website after 15 minutes of F5'ing through the checkout pages...

I don't mind getting one at launch since Nintendo consoles don't drop that much in price, their consoles are usually rock solid and... Zelda on the go was too much to pass...

Splatoon 2 will please the wife but since her mother died earlier this week, my attempt at a little smile didn't work. :(

As for the accessories, I'll stick to the ones included with the package. Wii U was a family console (and will remain that way for a long time) but the Switch will have a place next to my 3DS and Vita rotation.

Cmagus

I wonder if the Japanese console has the option to change the language to English. Honestly since it's region free I may just go for a Japanese one since it's cheaper.

Kyolux

Wow 10 pages since I hopped in last night.

No time to even skim through it.

How bad was the meltdown? That $400 no games price is pretty lame for those that want in on day 1.

For me, I'm looking at Holiday 2018 I'm guessing. That new Mario game looks very interesting and some parts in the trailer looks legit challenging. That Zelda trailer was glorious, but I'm going to keep my Wii U $45 pre-order and be happy with that.

edit: Alternatively, may pick one up in Tokyo if it end up being cheaper enough in april next year.

Outrun

Got one on bestbuy.ca

Went to my nearest EB Games and secured a Neon Switch also.

I think that EB will be limited because the worker was saying he was only getting a couple.

There's another one?

Americans were able to get one without the statue, for 30 USD less.

Eb games so far is the only Canadian retailer to have a non-regular edition, but they only posted the statue version (with an upcharge) so, until amazon or best buy put up their versions for sale, it looks like we only can choose between the base game and the highest end version.

killroy87

Eb games so far is the only Canadian retailer to have a non-regular edition, but they only posted the statue version (with an upcharge) so, until amazon or best buy put up their versions for sale, it looks like we only can choose between the base game and the highest end version.

Hmm. I hope BB or Amazon but the Master Edition up.

tiijj

EB is sold out of the master ed so it's only the base game for now.

mdubs

Banned
Has anyone else noticed that Neogaf seems to be adding an affiliate link to Amazon.ca links? Maybe I'm just reading the link wrong

Ondore

Cheers, Leeman. Got Splatoon 2/Xenoblade 2/Mario Odyssey/Mario Kart/Puyo Puyo Tetris preordered.

Also got the system at EB - 6th in line of about 12 at Halifax Shopping Centre. For travel reasons I may have to give it up, though - if that's the case I'll pick it up after Persona.

Brinbe

Got my preorder in for a neon+zelda. Hooray
Have never failed to get a console at this EB at launch stretching back to the 360.

Really stocked for the Switch, I haven't owned a Nintendo console in a while and that fact that is coming out so soon makes it even better, is there any info on VC games day one?

iphys

I'm not sure whether to pre-order Switch games or wait to get them digitally. I want Mario Kart, Splatoon 2, and Puyo Puyo Tetris. Arms also interests me, but the price seems too steep for what's basically Wii Sports Boxing.

antibolo

Banned
Best buy just had a few pre-orders open up on their site so I'd keep my eye out on it. I've seen pre-orders open back up 3 times now this morning but I mean you'll need to be lightning quick.

Oh yeah I got a pre-order for a PSVR that way. It seems that in BB's system, whenever someone cancels a pre-order it becomes immediately available for someone else to snag it up.

I'm not sure whether to pre-order Switch games or wait to get them digitally. I want Mario Kart, Splatoon 2, and Puyo Puyo Tetris. Arms also interests me, but the price seems too steep for what's basically Wii Sports Boxing.

Digitally? You're going to have to spend on memory cards. 32 gigs won't get you far.

Aonuma

The side of the box on that linked amazon page shows the game case, the sword and a CD case. Unless it's a different one...?

You're right, on closer inspection it seems it is technically the "Limited Ediion" and different than the "Special Edition" and "Master Edition" in Norh America

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom