• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Canadian Gaming Deals & Discussion 8: Don't Move Here For The Deals

Status
Not open for further replies.

UberTag

Looks like once/if the master edition goes up, it won't have the prime discount activated before it runs out?

If it's ordered, can it be granted after the fact if we talk to customer service?

Also, a full 80 for Bomberman?! Damn, Konami.
Ease off on Konami there, buddy. They have pachinko machines to fund and no Metal Gear to bail them out.

Tiktaalik

Walked by the local Best Buy on the way to work. They weren't doing pre orders in store.

A friend of mine said the lineup for the EB games in Burnaby is 30 people thick.

Again seems like NES Classic all over again.

Did Switch pre-orders go up on Amazon? I was up at 6:00am PST but nothing changed on the page. Refreshed for a good half hour.

Not sure. My P5 pre-order still has it, but KH2.8 doesn't.

it did, you must have been on the old url, it was also prime only, though you didnt have prime or a access to the free trial, you would have been screwed

balohna

Anecdotal Vancouver-area Switch stuff:

Best Buy on Robson/Granville says they aren't taking in-store pre-orders.

EB Games at Metrotown has lots apparently, my partner nabbed one for me and the girl there said they were getting a lot.

Brandson

it did, you must have been on the old url, it was also prime only, though you didnt have prime or a access to the free trial, you would have been screwed

I have had Prime for a while, was trying both old and new URLs, and couldn't order from Amazon.ca at any time between 8:50 and 9:30am anyway. Sometimes the page would show a grey Switch available for pre-order and sometimes not, but would never let me add it to a cart. Amazon just wasn't setup right for this today.

Does anyone here have info on how Amazon handles 20% off prime discounts with expiring memberships? Like if you order a game now with the discount, will it still work if your Prime is expired by the time it ships? Curious if anyone has experience with this.

I also placed a switch system pre-order as well which was prime only when my prime will expire before it launches, so I'm wondering what'll happen there too...

tiijj

I have had Prime for a while, was trying both old and new URLs, and couldn't order from Amazon.ca at any time between 8:50 and 9:30am anyway. Sometimes the page would show a grey Switch available for pre-order and sometimes not, but would never let me add it to a cart. Amazon just wasn't setup right for this today.

It flickers, sometimes it's oos, sometimes you can add it to cart and other time there's a preorder box at the lower right side, below the add to card button, this was the one that I used. It wasn't like BB where it's up until it ran out of stock.

Brandson

It flickers, sometimes it's oos, sometimes you can add it to cart and other time there's a preorder box at the lower right side, below the add to card button, this was the one that I used. It wasn't like BB where it's up until it ran out of stock.

On mobile there was just one option to add to cart. Never saw a preorder box.

Sapiens

Tried many different browsers and links for Amazon (am a prime member) and never got the pre-order button once.

Makes you wonder...

Conezays

Does anyone here have info on how Amazon handles 20% off prime discounts with expiring memberships? Like if you order a game now with the discount, will it still work if your Prime is expired by the time it ships? Curious if anyone has experience with this.

I also placed a switch system pre-order as well which was prime only when my prime will expire before it launches, so I'm wondering what'll happen there too...

Amazon claims your subscription must be active when product(s) ship; your mileage may vary. I'm just paraphrasing their site though. Amazon enforcing Prime subs to pre-order Switch this morning was very lame, to say the least. At minimum, they should've let customers know in advance that only Prime subscribers would be able to pre-order the system. Hope others who missed out get a chance to pre-order later on.

Sapiens

Amazon claims your subscription must be active when product(s) ship; your mileage may vary. I'm just paraphrasing their site though. Amazon enforcing Prime subs to pre-order Switch this morning was very lame, to say the least. At minimum, they should've let customers know in advance that only Prime subscribers would be able to pre-order the system. Hope others who missed out get a chance to pre-order later on.

Even Prime members couldn't preorder for some fucking reason, so who knows.

zroid

Banned
I can't really throw stones since I bought at 3DS at launch. I justified at the time because my OG DS's touchscreen was basically broken but fuck.

Lol I justified a 3DS at launch because I needed to play Pokémon Black online and the DS Lite wasn't compatible with my wi-fi :p

(never got a DSi)

tbh it's much easier to justify getting a Switch just for Zelda at launch -- I never even bought a 3DS game till 3 months later when OOT 3D shipped. Also, that Snipperclip game looks really good too.

zroid

Banned
yeah I'm a little concerned about that...

Did anyone else here order from BB on the first round? Did it the say the same thing? Maybe a placeholder message? Could be a second shipment thing too.

d3805a9bf1924b04826717d8abba38fd.png

Hey now, I paid 110$ for Bomberman '94 back in the day! And 80$ for Bomberman S!

Those SNES carts were SOOOOOO expensive. I use to have to get a local rental store to order my games in for me as there was no other options of places to purchase them at. The wait was grueling. The price expensive. But I'd do it all over gain.

Anth0ny

Because Zelda will obviously run better on Switch then on Wii U and that alone will be more then enough to keep me busy for awhile until more games come out.

i don't know if it running slightly better is worth the additional $500

it's the PS4 pro conundrum

Apparently GameStop US is giving 200 dollars for a WiiU trade in

Anyone know what they are giving in Canada for them? Maybe 250-275?

That would almost make me tempted to get a switch

Sealtest

So just had a call from my local EB Games.

Not sure if this is how it works for every store but he told me that your "guaranteed" a switch at launch if your preorder is fully paid off.

After that your pretty much working on a first come basis list.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom