• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Canadian Gaming Deals & Discussion 8: Don't Move Here For The Deals

Status
Not open for further replies.
By dumb you mean brutally honest? Its a dumb system backed by dumb policies.

Did I hurt your feelings NintendoBox?

I don't mean to be rude, but your insistent stream of trolling shouldn't extend to try and shame a bunch of people in a regional deals thread in my opinion.

So just had a call from my local EB Games.

Not sure if this is how it works for every store but he told me that your "guaranteed" a switch at launch if your preorder is fully paid off.

After that your pretty much working on a first come basis list.

I just called to confirm with my friend at EB and whoever told you that is spouting BS. That has never been a EB/GameStop policy...

Kiro

Preordered, though not sure if I'll keep.

I like some of the games though. I need a week or two to sleep on it.

Sealtest

Never rely on Amazon's alert when an item is available. The item will go for sale then a week later you'll get an email.

I just called to confirm with my friend at EB and whoever told you that is spouting BS. That has never been a EB/GameStop policy...

Yeah I thought so.

Max_Po

Banned
Now now, thats OK. If people want to be excited for this thing then let them.

I at least tried to give reasons why I dont think its not worth it but I got hit with the "dumb statement" and "fuck off" replies. I shouldnt have said people hate themselves if they buy this and Ill apologize for that.

I wish you all the best, Ill go discuss my opinions in another thread.

Yea, I can't justify paying $451 for a console like Switch. I would have been very happy with 299 CDN plus tax. I am sure some people are happy that they are getting something they like out of Nintendo.

I am not going to go around telling people to fuck off if they have different views than me.

Vamphuntr

I've just learned that Nintendo is selling the Switch for 329.99 euros in France (http://bfmbusiness.bfmtv.com/entrep...re-moins-cher-la-nintendo-switch-1081067.html) and I guess it's the same in the other european countries. That's 351$ USD or 461$ CAD.

I feel a bit better about the canadian price tbh ...

Seems more like Bargaining =P. The price is awful but it's worse in Europe.

Amazon is probably about to put the color version up. It now has a price and the prime blurb.

Firestorm

Does anyone remember if Oakridge was open for midnight launches of previous consoles? I pre-ordered in person mostly because I'm flying to Tokyo on December 3rd and I want to set it up in time to play Zelda on the plane.

Who woulda thought that I'd need the handheld part of this so soon.

I've just learned that Nintendo is selling the Switch for 329.99 euros in France (http://bfmbusiness.bfmtv.com/entrep...re-moins-cher-la-nintendo-switch-1081067.html) and I guess it's the same in the other european countries. That's 351$ USD or 461$ CAD.

I feel a bit better about the canadian price tbh ...
Tax is included there so it's about the same price.

Wurdfurd

Pre-ordered the Grey one this morning right at 7 mountain. Just got to pre-order the neon blue/red one. Awesome. Will likely cancel the grey one so others can get it. Don't feel like scalping it.

iiicon

I'm surprised Arms is a full priced retail title. I think it looks interesting but with an $80 price tag and $100 for an additional joycon, that's a lot of money to ask to unlock its full potential.

At least EB offers some decent trade in deals and Amazon has Prime pricing to take the sting off some games I'll want, like MK8 Deluxe and Splatoon.

Does anyone remember if Oakridge was open for midnight launches of previous consoles? I pre-ordered in person mostly because I'm flying to Tokyo on December 3rd and I want to set it up in time to play Zelda on the plane.

Who woulda thought that I'd need the handheld part of this so soon.

Oakridge has definitely had midnight openings in the past for certain Nintendo offerings.

antibolo

Banned
You can't compare 1:1 with Europe because unlike us they have intelligent pricing laws where taxes are included in the price of things, so that what you see is what you pay.

Screw it, gonna wait. I've been super on the fence about the Switch after hearing the price point and after having the console in cart, I can't justify that price tag.

Not a whole lot I'm interested in on launch day either, so I might as well wait for the eventual Holiday bundle or a price cut.

13randO

The trade in deal at EB for the Switch is actually pretty decent. Traded in Splatoon (which was like, 28 bucks to them) and that got doubled to 56. Not bad.

Bronetta

Ask me about the moon landing or the temperature at which jet fuel burns. You may be surprised at what you learn.
I don't mean to be rude, but your insistent stream of trolling shouldn't extend to try and shame a bunch of people in a regional deals thread in my opinion.

I agree with you but you can have this opinion and not be a douche-canoe about it.

Having a different opinion or not liking a product doesnt make me a troll. Should I turn around and call people shills instead?

Anyways two wrongs dont make a right. I already apologized and Ill leave it at that. Go ahead and shit on me some more if that makes you feel better.

Mimosa97

Every other company uses the 1 dollar = 1 euro parity. The PS4 was 399e at launch (taxes included).

This is the first time that I see a company charging more in Europe when the euro is actually stronger than the USD. It's madness.

And yeah it's time to pass a law in Canada making it mandatory to post prices with all taxes included.

Lizardus

Put in an order for the coloured joycon version from Amazon in addition to the BB version.

Not sure which one I want, the coloured look so jarring in comparison to the rest of the console but they might be "rarer".

Prax

yay, finally got through.
blue-red on amazon and grey one on bestbuy for myself and my bro
my sister was able to grab one from bestbuy earlier

I think I'm just going to wait for the first bundle. I'm hoping they do something for Splatoon or MK, because if it's 400 + one of those games, I guess I could justify it.

Good compromise right here. Given that splatoon is 1.5 and mario kart is an expansion, either one of these should have been a pack-in to begin with.

Porkepik

Well at least with pricing like this, no need to feel bad about not pre ordering , my limit is well below that....around 300$. Will have to wait quite a while

killroy87

Any word on the Zelda Master Edition. EB sold out within a second...

Best Buy said they would tweet out updates, but I'm not confident they won't just put it up at some point today and it sells out. I'm not sure how much communication goes on between the product team and the community person.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom