• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Canadian Gaming Deals & Discussion 8: Don't Move Here For The Deals

Status
Not open for further replies.

Cmagus

Hoping it's easy but does look like you have to call to cancel? Decided to chance it after seeing the absurd lineup at my local EB.

You won't be charged at Best Buy using credit card until it ships. Cancellations are as easy as going into your account and hitting cancel order. Obviously they will charge you usually a week or so before shipping so if you want to cancel do it by then. If you check out as a guest you'll get a confirmation number and you can cancel your order via that if you decide to as well. If you use Paypal I believe Best Buy charges right away however but I'm not 100% sure.

bigJP

put my preorder with bestbuy. price is absurd but rather have my name in the pool than out of it in case i really want it. worst case will sell it on kijiji for a nice profit

nath999

lol bestbuy still has stock, this doesn't bode well for scalpers who thought this was going to be another NES classic situation.

SickBoy

I'm really astonished that Nintendo Switch Wearing Bowling Alley Shoes (the blue/red edition) seems to be so popular.

I think the grey looks awesome and I totally preordered that edition :) (though I will probably buy blue and red backup Joycons if I keep my preorder, so I can dedicate those to my children and not have to worry about them killing mine)

True Fire

I pre-ordered it, canceled my pre-order, and pre-ordered it again. I think I'm going to stick with it just because I know the FOMO will kill me.

I just wish I could've gotten the tacky Harley Quinn version without paying an extra 99 dollars yaknow?

Moltenix

So for those of you who were planning to be day-1'ers but are no longer interested:

Was it the high system price? The shallow looking launch window? The Apple-tier pricing of accessories? Something else, combination of everything?

If they had a killer launch lineup, I maybe would've jumped in even for 400. Likewise, if it was $330 like many of us were predicting, I might've been tempted despite the launch window.

Edit: Crap, forgot the online sub required to pay online. Price is definitely the big factor then.

N° 2048

So for those of you who were planning to be day-1'ers but are no longer interested:

Was it the high system price? The shallow looking launch window? The Apple-tier pricing of accessories? Something else, combination of everything?

If they had a killer launch lineup, I maybe would've jumped in even for 400. Likewise, if it was $330 like many of us were predicting, I might've been tempted despite the launch window.

Everything is just so wrong about the Switch right now.
The price, the non existent launch line up, the paid online (with the one month loaner SNES/NES game lol). There's like one game to play online that looks good, Splatoon 2 and no way in hell I am paying for online for ONE game.

Friend list/lobbies/voice chat only on phone app too...like wtf?

Late 2018 for me.

finalhour

Edit: Crap, forgot the online sub required to pay online. Price is definitely the big factor then.

Ultimately it was the lack of a killer app. I can play Zelda on my WIi U. If Mario was a launch title, I would've been tempted, but nothing else they showed makes me feel I need to play it right away. The prices are obviously not helping either.

firehawk12

Subete no aware

Don't forget paid online with a service that isn't even on par with PSN back in the PS3 days.

keakster

Coming in I had only planned to get Zelda at launch, so the brutal launch window doesn't bother me. But then seeing the price of everything and the fact that online will start to cost money as well, kind of confuses me. Does Nintendo not know where they are in the market? Or is their strategy really to set a lower install base goal and then just maximize profit from those people? As a long time fan it hurts.

I pre-ordered it, canceled my pre-order, and pre-ordered it again. I think I'm going to stick with it just because I know the FOMO will kill me.

I just wish I could've gotten the tacky Harley Quinn version without paying an extra 99 dollars yaknow?

Above notwithstanding, this quote has been me all day. I put the pre-order down so I'd have it and now I will decide over the next month whether or not to keep it. Too many emotions after the big let down of last night. I do have a spot at the hands on event later this month and will make my final decision after that. But right now I'm definitely leaning toward canceling my pre-order.

keakster

Oh shit! Didn't even notice that! Even says that on my order....fuck.

Their community Twitter came out and said that date was wrong and the placeholder just hasn't been changed yet.

i6kHWMVl.png

Price and launch titles.

If Super Mario Odyssey was coming out during the launch window, I would have bit at $400.
If the price point was $299CAD, I would have bought it and gotten BoTW.

My plan now is to get one during the holidays when SMO is released. Depending on if there will be a Mario Edition or not, I'll probably wait until Black Friday or Boxing Day to see if there are any decent sales.

Enilced2

For me the price point didn't really matter it is what it is with our dollar being down.

But the insanely shallow launch pool is the big turn off. If Mario was a launch title I would be in day one for Zelda and Mario. However it's Zelda which I still have a 40 dollar 2014 preorder for and Mario isn't till essentially 2018 considering what Holiday 2017 could mean with potential delays.FE Warriors Octopath and No More Heroes could be cool but zero indication of any kind of launch window means I'll wait till sales or wicked bundles

N° 2048

Price and launch titles.

If Super Mario Odyssey was coming out during the launch window, I would have bit at $400.
If the price point was $299CAD, I would have bought it and gotten BoTW.

My plan now is to get one during the holidays when SMO is released. Depending on if there will be a Mario Edition or not, I'll probably wait until Black Friday or Boxing Day to see if there are any good sales.

Assuming SMO doesn't get delayed.

Online sub, then the price. I was willing to pay around the 300s but the conversion is straight up devastating. The economy sucks and the dollar sucks, therefore I'm gonna hold on for now. Which is a shame, cause there's some cool looking games in there I'd like to try sometime.

joms5

put my preorder with bestbuy. price is absurd but rather have my name in the pool than out of it in case i really want it. worst case will sell it on kijiji for a nice profit

If you're lucky.

I think scalpers are overestimating the popularity of this item.

Like that woman that bought a car load of Wii U's thinking she was ahead of the curve.

krae_man

Don't forget paid online with a service that isn't even on par with PSN back in the PS3 days.

To be fair, we don't know what that fully is yet or what the cost is. Hold off on complaining about it until we know all the details.

Personally I'm out because there are no games I want besides Mario. I can wait for the first price drop which might even happen before Mario comes out.

FN-2187

High price, no pack-in, the killer app at launch is available on a system I already own, and pay for online. (Maybe my expectations were too high, but I was expecting $349 CAD with a pack-in and something other than Zelda at launch to get excited about.)

I had money set aside and everything, but I am definitely going to pass at launch.

I will wait for Fall to see if the price drops and what bundles they are offering. Although at that point it's going to be competing with Scorpio for my money.

Conezays

Don't the Joycon's come with the comfy rail piece that makes it slightly bigger? Does that seriously not include the wrist strap?

The ones with the system do, but these additional listings for the straps make me think they are sold separately. Hopefully I'm wrong, lol.

I enjoy the product description:

-When attached, it also allows the player to more easily press the SL and SR buttons.
-Switch
-Switch

Edit: Red/Blue Joy Cons are now up (with or without straps):

https://www.amazon.ca/dp/B01N6QJ58Y/

I don't know why so many are banking in a price drop.

Did the WiiU ever get one? At all? I think the best we will get is maybe a Mario bundle at Christmas

tiijj

The ones with the system do, but these additional listings for the straps make me think they are sold separately. Hopefully I'm wrong, lol.

I enjoy the product description:

-When attached, it also allows the player to more easily press the SL and SR buttons.
-Switch
-Switch

Edit: Red/Blue Joy Cons are now up (with or without straps):

https://www.amazon.ca/dp/B01N6QJ58Y/

Maybe just in case you lose them, they can be bought separately

Why is there shipping for those?
Joy-Con (L-R) - Neon Blue & Neon Red - Wii
by Nintendo
Platform : Nintendo Switch
Price: CDN$ 99.99 + CDN$ 9.48 shipping
Pre-order Price Guarantee. Learn more.
Note: Not eligible for Amazon Prime. Offers with free Prime shipping available from other sellers on Amazon.
This item will be released on March 3, 2017.
Pre-order now.
Ships from and sold by Amazon.ca. Gift-wrap available.
Two Joy-Con can be used independently in each hand or together as one game controller when attached to the Joy-Con grip.
They can also attach to the main console for use in handheld mode, or be shared with friends to enjoy two-player action in supported games.
Each Joy-Con has a full set of buttons and can act as a standalone controller, and each includes an accelerometer and gyro-sensor, making independent left and right motion control possible.

Lexxism

I don't know why so many are banking in a price drop.

Did the WiiU ever get one? At all? I think the best we will get is maybe a Mario bundle at Christmas
Yes. Deluxe launched 350 and was cut down to 300 a year after? The only reason why they didn't bother lowering the price of WiiU because it was a dead system.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom