• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Canadian Gaming Deals & Discussion 8: Don't Move Here For The Deals

Status
Not open for further replies.
The zelda master edition is eb exclusive according to their newsletter/flyer.

It better not be. Only retailer in the whole country who has them and they sell out in a matter seconds.....

EDIT: Though if this true that's really odd, considering the official site says it can be preordered from Amazon, BB, and EB

Sealtest

I didn't even see that when I opened it.. They better just have exclusive rights to the master edition and not the special one. I want that case.

I guess I won't be cancelling my Amazon US order after all.

killroy87

Hmm, EB is getting physical copies of Has Been Heroes, and it's exclusive to them and only $29. I might grab that, apparently it's pretty good.

Bronetta

Ask me about the moon landing or the temperature at which jet fuel burns. You may be surprised at what you learn.
Somebody help me out here...

If the Master Edition is $130 US shouldnt that be $175 here? Why is it $200, a whopping $25 more?

keakster

It better not be. Only retailer in the whole country who has them and they sell out in a matter seconds.....

EDIT: Though if this true that's really odd, considering the official site says it can be preordered from Amazon, BB, and EB

It is promising that the Special edition is listed there as available at all 5 (Amzn, BB, EB, WM & TRU)

keakster

chrono01

So with the Special at $99 US, it should be $130 CDN, who wants to bet we get it for $150?

Thank you!

Any idea what shipping is like?
I'd be surprised if the Special Edition (if we get it) is any lower than $149.99. Honestly, given the price-gouging (and the fact that the Master Edition sold out immediately and is apparently only offered at EB), $179.99 wouldn't surprise me.

At least Amazon Prime will knock the price down a bit.

Fake_Empire

Neo Member
So with the Special at $99 US, it should be $130 CDN, who wants to bet we get it for $150?

Thank you!

Any idea what shipping is like?

Not sure but they have a thing a discount code at the top of the page, "CANADASHIP", that will take $20 off your order which seems nice.

zroid

Banned
I'd be surprised if the Special Edition (if we get it) is any lower than $149.99. Honestly, given the price-gouging (and the fact that the Master Edition sold out immediately and is apparently only offered at EB), $179.99 wouldn't surprise me.

The Master Edition is USD + 53% so $150 would be just about exactly right

would love for someone to explain where this exchange rate of 150% is coming from but what do I know

BestBuy just said they will not be getting the Master edition, only the special edition. This enforces the idea that the Master version is an EB exclusive :(. Special edition release date is TBD.

http://plug-in.bestbuy.ca/t5/Video-...the-Wild-Master-and-Special/m-p/170111#M16512

Alright, that's good news at least. I will buy it cuz it's Zelda even though paying 150 bucks for a single video game is batshit insane as far as I'm concerned.

iBeleaf

Happy to see people are excited about Switch.

But I think it's straight garbage. From price points to specs to features.

Zelda looks amazing though.

As of now, the exact dates for when the Special Edition will be available for pre-order is TBD. I won't be getting that info for at least a couple weeks. I will post on this thread once the gaming department confirms some dates.

Christ, weeks? Come on Amazon!

Lexxism

would love for someone to explain where this exchange rate of 150% is coming from but what do I know
We need to know what kind of drugs Nintendo are using. Maybe they can share it with us

keakster

Not sure but they have a thing a discount code at the top of the page, "CANADASHIP", that will take $20 off your order which seems nice.

With custom fees, Shipping and Conversion rates your wallet is going to hurt a lot :S

So just put $137 CDN worth of video games in a cart to test it out (Target's site does the conversion automatically). $18 for shipping, $18 for customs and taxes, minus the $20 shipping promo equals $153 Canadian. And they guarantee no other fees. That is definitely cheaper that what we're going to be getting in Canada
and without the French!

chrono01

I guess Nintendo feels they can get away with it and, judging from how fast the Master Edition sold out, it seems they can. :/

Christ, weeks? Come on Amazon!
Seriously. I hope it's available sooner than that at other retailers. Why do I get the feeling that we're just going to get the extra stock from whatever the US has allocated to them?

jzbluz

I think it might be cheaper to just import a Switch from Japan. Although I haven't imported a console since my vita a few years back, so there might be some hidden cost that I'm not seeing.

Proc

Got my grey preorder in this morning.

$200 for the master edition seems outrageous to me. I think I'll go digital but I'm dreading day one downloads.

jzbluz

CBSA will be your enemy.

I've only had issues using FedEx, so I think it depends from where you buy and what shipping option you use. Anyway, the price will probably be cheaper by the time I want one. Except the 3DS has managed to get more expensive, so who knows with Nintendo.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom