• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Canadian Gaming Deals & Discussion 8: Don't Move Here For The Deals

Status
Not open for further replies.

DVCY201

I don't know why so many are banking in a price drop.

Did the WiiU ever get one? At all? I think the best we will get is maybe a Mario bundle at Christmas

Both 3DS and Deluxe got a $50 drop I think. Even then, just bundles with games makes it more attractive. Like, bundle Mario and Splatoon for $400-$430, I'll bite. It honestly just feels like too much money upfront, $400 + $80 for Zelda alone. It'll be $500 after tax. I'll look for deals on Kijiji

tiijj

Hopefully you're right. The additional shipping cost changed at checkout to regular Prime prices for me.

According to Nintendo JP site (translated via google translate)

「Joy-Con(L)」と「Joy-Con(R)」に「Joy-Conストラップ(ブラック)」が2個付いたセットです。

Google translate: It is a set with "Joy-Con strap (black)" with "Joy-Con (L)" and "Joy-Con (R)".

It comes with a black strap, if you want a different color or an extra ones you need to get the separate strap

Conezays

According to Nintendo JP site (translated via google translate)

「Joy-Con(L)」と「Joy-Con(R)」に「Joy-Conストラップ(ブラック)」が2個付いたセットです。

Google translate: It is a set with "Joy-Con strap (black)" with "Joy-Con (L)" and "Joy-Con (R)".

It comes with a black strap, if you want a different color or an extra ones you need to get the separate strap

Awesome, thanks for clearing this up.

Sealtest

Just got back from EB Games. They indeed said that because I've now fully paid off my switch preorder that I'm guaranteed one on launch. They stuck by peope who pay them off get them priority

lamaroo

Unconfirmed Member
I have so many games I can trade in that I'll never touch again, but don't really want to get a Switch at launch.

I really should have done the EB double trade in credit before Christmas.

iphys

I hope having directional buttons instead of an actual D-pad is going to be satisfactory for playing Puyo Puyo Tetris, as I don't want to have to shell out for the Pro controller. It seems awfully convenient for Nintendo that the system isn't backwards compatible with any older controllers and the new ones are all so pricey.

saskuatch

Yes. Deluxe launched 350 and was cut down to 300 a year after? The only reason why they didn't bother lowering the price of WiiU because it was a dead system.

I would imagine base ps4 and x1 prices will drop this holiday season, and if nintendo wants to compete they would also have to drop it a bit or include a game.

a916

I would imagine base ps4 and x1 prices will drop this holiday season, and if nintendo wants to compete they would also have to drop it a bit or include a game.

They don't even need to... but might if Scorpio does indeed launch.

Their software lineup will dwarf the Switch's offering of vague promises of a Mario title.

bigmac996

Just got back from EB Games. They indeed said that because I've now fully paid off my switch preorder that I'm guaranteed one on launch. They stuck by peope who pay them off get them priority

Wait, they don't already give priority to people who preorder? You have to pay in full beforehand to be guaranteed a Switch day one?

saskuatch

They don't even need to... but might if Scorpio does indeed launch.

Their software lineup will dwarf the Switch's offering of vague promises of a Mario title.

It's just natural progression, I imagine ps4pro dropping maybe 50 bucks because of scorpio. Ps4slim 50 bucks to keep pace and Xb1s 50 bucks drop to match ps4slim (both bundled with a game).. At that point it will be be Nintendo's move.

Sealtest

Wait, they don't already give priority to people who preorder? You have to pay in full beforehand to be guaranteed a Switch day one?

It shouldn't be this way but my store is telling me this. Indigo said earlier they talked to a friend at EB who said my store was lying.

Bronetta

Ask me about the moon landing or the temperature at which jet fuel burns. You may be surprised at what you learn.
So for those of you who were planning to be day-1'ers but are no longer interested:

Was it the high system price? The shallow looking launch window? The Apple-tier pricing of accessories? Something else, combination of everything?

If they had a killer launch lineup, I maybe would've jumped in even for 400. Likewise, if it was $330 like many of us were predicting, I might've been tempted despite the launch window.

Edit: Crap, forgot the online sub required to pay online. Price is definitely the big factor then.

Games games games. I would have been willing to overlook everything if the games were there but they just arent.

Maximus.

Pre-ordered the grey bundle. I still don't know if I want it at that price, but have time to decide. Was a tough decision between the coloured controllers or grey, but I don't think I like the idea of two different colours.

Looking at the prices of the Joy-Con, I can see why the console is $400. If any of the leaks were more about the attachments and features instead of "basically Tegra power", then the price would've been easier to accept.

EvilMario

Will QA for food.
Any listings for the BotW Amiibos yet? Didn't bother asking in store, I just wanted to get my Switch and get out.

Definitely going to be hunting the CE too, but I doubt I'll find it.

tiijj

Looking at the prices of the Joy-Con, I can see why the console is $400. If any of the leaks were more about the attachments and features instead of "basically Tegra power", then the price would've been easier to accept.

I'm not even sure if the sensor for the rock paper scissors or something is going to be utilized by devs.

Asking again 'cause there's a Best Buy on my way home.

My Best Buy said they weren't taking any in-store, just online. Watched dozens of people literally walk into Best Buy, then walk out and across the parking lot straight into EB Games lol. Don't know definitively if this is the case for every BB though.

Peterthumpa

My Best Buy said they weren't taking any in-store, just online. Watched dozens of people literally walk into Best Buy, then walk out and across the parking lot straight into EB Games lol. Don't know definitively if this is the case for every BB though.

lol, dammit. Are EB Games in-store pre-orders the same as the online ones? Same stock?

It shouldn't be this way but my store is telling me this. Indigo said earlier they talked to a friend at EB who said my store was lying.

21b15eb31a8949468a16a702f0ebebd1.png

ryan-ts

Got $140 with the trade-in deal at EB and preordered the Switch. Don't really feel all that excited, kind of nervous and worried.

DVCY201

Are we getting Zelda Special Edition? NOT the Master Edition. I want everything but the Sword, and would be willing to get that now

jholmes

So for those of you who were planning to be day-1'ers but are no longer interested:

Was it the high system price? The shallow looking launch window? The Apple-tier pricing of accessories? Something else, combination of everything?

If they had a killer launch lineup, I maybe would've jumped in even for 400. Likewise, if it was $330 like many of us were predicting, I might've been tempted despite the launch window.

Edit: Crap, forgot the online sub required to pay online. Price is definitely the big factor then.

All of the above, although I wouldn't be able to say no if Mario Odyssey was a launch title. A whole lot of money for basically no games. Like, Bomberman is cool, but I'm not paying $500 to play that single player.

For contrast I bought six retail Wii U launch games, and would have got Tank Tank Tank too if I could find it.

Lol somehow managed to miss all the online pre orders I'm still not even sure I want it but it would have been nice to have the option to preorder.

leeman

Lol somehow managed to miss all the online pre orders I'm still not even sure I want it but it would have been nice to have the option to preorder.

No worries, Toys R Us, The Source, and Walmart have not gone live yet. You should still have plenty of opportunity to grab one.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom