• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Canadian Gaming Deals & Discussion 8: Don't Move Here For The Deals

Status
Not open for further replies.

etta

my hard graphic balls
When's them CES TVs supposed to release, why is there so little info on date and price what the hell.
I was hoping to get a new TV by the time Horizon comes.

BestBuy just said they will not be getting the Master edition, only the special edition. This enforces the idea that the Master version is an EB exclusive :(. Special edition release date is TBD.

http://plug-in.bestbuy.ca/t5/Video-...the-Wild-Master-and-Special/m-p/170111#M16512

Thank you for posting this! I was beginning to get concerned about whether or not we'd be seeing the Special Edition. Missed out on the Master Edition, so if i can get my hands on the SE, I'll be more than happy.

zroid

Banned
I'm probably going to get an extra pair of JoyCons at some point anyway, so the initial colour choice seems pretty immaterial to me...

keakster

So does anybody know a good place/price to get micro sd cards?

Looking at 200 and 256gb sizes.

I have bought all of my SD cards from Amazon. I find them consistently cheaper than everywhere else unless elsewhere is having a blowout type sale (which would be hard to find on 200 or 256 cards)

I have bought all of my SD cards from Amazon. I find them consistently cheaper than everywhere else unless elsewhere is having a blowout type sale (which would be hard to find on 200 or 256 cards)

Yeah the 256 ones are absurdly expensive, but there's a 200 one for $95. I might get that for my Switch.

NEW DEAL

I realize this has been discussed earlier in the thread, but if you're one of the many people who have a Wii U, 3ds or Xbox One/PS4 there's plenty of incentive to trade in some of those games towards a Switch.

OH0999H.png

Today I traded in the following towards the Switch and Zelda: BOTW

2x Bonus:

Mario Maker: $56
Splatoon: $56
Mario Kart 8: $50

Trade 1,2 or 3 Get $79.99 Towards a Switch Game

New Super Mario Bros 2 3ds: $26.67
Donkey Kong Country Returns 3ds: 26.67

Considering 2 of those Wii U games are getting sequels/deluxe editions on the Switch that's insane value for games that might be considered redundant (at-least online) in a few short months.

From December 22nd when EB did double the trade in value all day a user on RFD compiled a great list of what values you can expect to get. Seriously, if you have some games you can't see yourself playing past the release of the Switch, get on this deal!

enzo_gt

tagged by Blackace
Odd question but, as a Canadian, how easy is it to buy PSN, XBL, and Nintendo eShop giftcards for other regions? Especially if we're not just talking US, but the US as well.

zroid

Banned
NEW DEAL

I realize this has been discussed earlier in the thread, but if you're one of the many people who have a Wii U, 3ds or Xbox One/PS4 there's plenty of incentive to trade in some of those games towards a Switch.

OH0999H.png

2x Bonus:

Considering 2 of those Wii U games are getting sequels/deluxe editions on the Switch that's insane value for games that might be considered redundant (at-least online) in a few short months.

From December 22nd when EB did double the trade in value all day a user on RFD compiled a great list of what values you can expect to get. Seriously, if you have some games you can't see yourself playing past the release of the Switch, get on this deal!

I'll have to see if I have anything worth unloading at whatever rates they're offering

Mario Kart 8 and Splatoon are pretty damn tempting I have to admit

bryt

Odd question but, as a Canadian, how easy is it to buy PSN, XBL, and Nintendo eShop giftcards for other regions? Especially if we're not just talking US, but the US as well.

PSN is easy not sure about XBOX/eShop. I buy all my PSN codes at pcgamesupply.

jokkir

What the hell @ this Amazon Prime one day shipping. I've been waiting all day and no delivery attempt has been made and since it's my work address, I won't be getting this until Monday the latest unless I can change the shipping address. Grr

leeman

The Zelda Masters Edition was back in stock 5 minutes ago @ EBGames.ca. A fine time I chose to eat dinner >_<. That being said, I think it bodes well that there may be more going up at some point!

Lizardus

The Zelda Masters Edition was back in stock 5 minutes ago @ EBGames.ca. A fine time I chose to eat dinner >_<. That being said, I think it bodes well that there may be more going up at some point!

How do you know if you were eating? Is it on nowinstock.com or something?

ughhh I don't touch my wii u AT ALL. I think I have to do this. I was going to wait a year ish but even black friday 2018 won't be 150 bucks off the current price.

Iced

Will I need to have Amazon Prime when the Switch ships out, or is it good enough that I signed up for the free month trial? I could see them being really shitty about this.

Sealtest

Will I need to have Amazon Prime when the Switch ships out, or is it good enough that I signed up for the free month trial? I could see them being really shitty about this.

You need prime when item ships to get the savings.

Oh I read your thing wrong. I wouldn't think you would need it but who knows =/ Amazon loves putting this Nintendo stuff behind primewalls

You need prime when item ships to get the savings.

Oh I read your thing wrong. I wouldn't think you would need it but who knows =/ Amazon loves putting this Nintendo stuff behind primewalls

I think they did add a new fine print regarding that and now you have to have prime when it ships to get the prime shipping free....

NEW DEAL

OH0999H.png

2x Bonus:

Those trade values are pretty hot. Might have to jump on that.

My console is preordered on amazon, though. I have to assume in store preorders are done at this point for retail stores in populated places like Toronto, right?

Iced

I think they did add a new fine print regarding that and now you have to have prime when it ships to get the prime shipping free....

No worries, I just cancelled my Amazon order and switched to Best Buy. I'll probably get it faster even if I did have Prime shipping...

Wow, $50 for Mario Kart. I'll probably do that and look through the list to see if there is anything else with a crazy value. Not sure I want to get rid of Splatoon. Technically I could trade it in and try to but a cheaper copy off Kijiji.

UberTag

Seems like it's not a rare commodity. Nintendo purposely inflated NES Classic Edition to clear this FUD. Fucking Nintendo....

This is the 5th time Switch has gone up for sale, and it's been there for 30 minutes, atleast.
My bet is that Nintendo is plenty aware that they have artificially inflated Switch demand due to NES Mini supply concerns, fostering the scalper community and the ingrained pre-order culture Canadians have due to our annual E3 discounts (and now Prime), so they're taking advantage of this window to dump as many of these things on retailers before the end of their fiscal year when they know the vast majority of them are extra orders, speculative orders and/or prospective scalpers who will be returning/not picking up orders.

mdubs

Banned
So the damage for me so far is:

Switch $400
Zelda $63.99

With tax = $524.30

Insanity

Post Launch:
Lego City Undercover $63.99
Mario Kart 8 Deluxe $63.99
Splatoon 2 $63.99
Super Mario Odyssey $63.99

I'd also like to pick up another pair of joy-cons too as well as a pro controller, but that's too expensive for me right now.

Hazu

The Legend of Zelda: Breath of the Wild - Switch Edition
Sold by: Amazon.com.ca, Inc.
CDN$ 55.99

So glad Amazon let me keep my 30% off on the Switch version!

Damn. I still have XCX, 3D World and MK8. I think I can get the console below $100.

Geez. Temptation.

Just heads up 3D World probably ain't worth more than $20 with the x2. Nintendo select titles seem to be worth $8-$10 normally.

Though I did get $56 for XCX. You're still probably looking at $130 off a Switch which is rad.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom