• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Canadian Gaming Deals & Discussion 8: Don't Move Here For The Deals

Status
Not open for further replies.

CRA5H

Dammit. Something came up on Sunday so I can no longer check out the Switch at the Metro convention centre. If anyone has a Friday or Saturday invite they don't plan on using, I'd love to be able to check it out on those days. I never got my invite :(

jmoe316

What are the odds of Amazon having more Switch preorder inventory before launch? I have close to 400 in gift cards so I am kind of locked in to Amazon. Didn't catch it the first go around because the prime link was off to the side and not too noticable so when I refreshed the page I didn't catch it at first.

The blurb into he gray console listing says to keep checking back so I am remaining hopeful they presold a small amount until they get real numbers and then will open it up again.

I hope.

Stage On

thanks for this.

ahh man is EB the only place with the plushie? D:

Well it's that or Video games plus if you want the plushie since Amazon.ca doesn't mention it. And frankly while I've bought stuff before at Video game plus's physical store location in Mississauga I'd never buy from them online due to their horrible security

antibolo

Banned
It's crazy how it's usually Amazon being complained about, when people know they're hot garbage for deliveries and STILL order from them

There are many legit reasons for using Amazon.

Not going to bother listing them here as they have been discussed ad nauseam

jholmes

Well it's that or Video games plus if you want the plushie since Amazon.ca doesn't mention it. And frankly while I've bought stuff before at Video game plus's physical store location in Mississauga I'd never buy from them online due to their horrible security

For a while that Mississauga store was my local game place and while the mall it's in is super dirty, the store is legit and they always treated me well. I'm not about to defend their online security issues but it kinda sucks that it tarnishes a good brick-and-mortar store.

trixx

I wouldn't mind a charge grip for mine. Will probably hold off on the dock and extra joycons though and just get an additional switch down the road.($110 dock and $100 joycons and $40 charge grip (Non charge obviously with the base bundle) is only $150 less than a second switch)

yeah my brother is likely going to get the switch at launch, I was thinking of getting an extra controller but seems like buying a separate unit down the line could be better. The cost of controllers are too much and if the online is on par with xbox/ps4 and you can share digital titles and online between 2 home console units... then a second unit doesn't seem like a bad idea.

Stage On

For a while that Mississauga store was my local game place and while the mall it's in is super dirty, the store is legit and they always treated me well. I'm not about to defend their online security issues but it kinda sucks that it tarnishes a good brick-and-mortar store.

Well the only problem with the brick and mortar store is that it isn't an option for most people on here to actually buy from. If they could get their online store sorted it'd be great since we need more options for places to buy from in Canada when it comes to video games not less

Lexxism

After seeing this art, I think I want to get a tablet stand now.
wd1Jx9t.png

i-Jest

Well the only problem with the brick and mortar store is that it isn't an option for most people on here to actually buy from. If they could get their online store sorted it'd be great since we need more options for places to buy from in Canada when it comes to video games not less

Agreed, more variety to choose from will force them to up their game, in theory. I like Game Street, but their selection is lack luster where it counts at times.

antibolo

Banned
Amazon's 20% discount is literally the only reason I still buy retail copies of games. Given the option of digital being equal or lower priced I'll pick digital without hesitation. Only exception being LEs I want but that's rare, most of them are just stupid tat.

13randO

Anybody want a For Honor beta code? Imma be working and playing Overwatch, so I don't think I'll have the time to play it as well.

BadWolf

Cross posting:

Could really use some quick help.

I ended up sending the custom PC I had NCIX build back to them since it was pretty much DOA. After a month they got back to me saying that it's a faulty motherboard and they want to replace it but the previous motherboard is out of stock and they are asking if it is okay to put in an alternative.

This was the previous one: http://www.ncix.com/detail/gigabyte-motherboard-ga-h170-gaming-3-core-b6-126202.htm

This is the alternative they suggested: http://www.ncix.com/detail/asrock-h170a-x1-3-1-intel-skylake-1151-9b-122243.htm

Is that alternative okay to go for? If not then a suggestion for another would be very appreciated (I don't know anything about motherboards).

Cross posting:

Hey Badwolf,
sorry to hear the motherboard conked out on you .

If you are worried again about your Mobo dying, I wouldn't recommend ASRock. I've heard mixed things, but most of all, they tend to die faster than other boards.

The most reliable are the ASUS boards, but I would still heartily recommend MSI, or Gigabyte (They are usually great, I imagine yours dying was just the exception).

Some suggestions:

Gigabyte G1 Sniper
(Multiple friends have this board, and they've had a great experience)
http://ca.pcpartpicker.com/product/NsL7YJ/gigabyte-motherboard-g1sniperb7rev10

MSI PC Mate
http://ca.pcpartpicker.com/product/NdmxFT/msi-motherboard-b150pcmate

Asus B150
http://ca.pcpartpicker.com/product/rZwqqs/asus-motherboard-b150plus

Prices have gone up a bit since Boxing day, so things might cost you a tad more than you'd hope, but hopefully you get back up and running soon!

BadWolf

Hey Badwolf,
sorry to hear the motherboard conked out on you .

If you are worried again about your Mobo dying, I wouldn't recommend ASRock. I've heard mixed things, but most of all, they tend to die faster than other boards.

The most reliable are the ASUS boards, but I would still heartily recommend MSI, or Gigabyte (They are usually great, I imagine yours dying was just the exception).

Some suggestions:

Gigabyte G1 Sniper
(Multiple friends have this board, and they've had a great experience)
http://ca.pcpartpicker.com/product/NsL7YJ/gigabyte-motherboard-g1sniperb7rev10

MSI PC Mate
http://ca.pcpartpicker.com/product/NdmxFT/msi-motherboard-b150pcmate

Asus B150
http://ca.pcpartpicker.com/product/rZwqqs/asus-motherboard-b150plus

Prices have gone up a bit since Boxing day, so things might cost you a tad more than you'd hope, but hopefully you get back up and running soon!

I'll go with the Gigabyte G1 Sniper since it seems to be the most reviewed from those. Thanks for saving the day again man!

antibolo

Banned
I'm gonna wait and see how the joycons feel before considering the Pro. $100 is a lot of money for a stupid controller, and I intend to use the Switch more as a handheld anyway.

Indelible

I'm gonna wait and see how the joycons feel before considering the Pro. $100 is a lot of money for a goddamn controller, and I intend to use the Switch more as a handheld anyway.
Same here, I have heard the joycon grip feels great so I might not even bother with a over priced pro controller.

So my RE from amazon got delivered this morning, yet I don't see anything in my mailbox. Feel like someone might've stolen it.

Checked the Amazon help page and they say I should wait 24hrs before reporting it. Should I?

And my Walmart copy got re-routed wtf.

iphys

So my RE from amazon got delivered this morning, yet I don't see anything in my mailbox. Feel like someone might've stolen it.

Checked the Amazon help page and they say I should wait 24hrs before reporting it. Should I?

I know Canada Post frequently says stuff has been delivered before it actually has, so don't freak out yet.

kevin1025

Banned

What's the time it says it delivered? Could be they scanned it delivered and it's still on the truck en route to you now.

Mine always says delivered at ~11:30 and then doesn't show up till the mail around 1pm (community mailbox).

What's the time it says it delivered? Could be they scanned it delivered and it's still on the truck en route to you now.

Mine always says delivered at 11:30 and then doesn't show up till the mail around 1pm (community mailbox).

It arrived in my town at 3am. Out for delivery at 8:40. Delivered at 10:30. There was nothing else besides the weekly flyers. Have this feeling that the paperboy might have taken it.

SickBoy

I like the look of Arms, but just can't pull the trigger on it at $80... paradoxically, I want it to be a great game and do well... but I also want to get it for about half that price :)

I'm going to see what else I've got that I can trade in towards Mario Kart, but I don't think I have much of value left to continue building my preorder treasure trove... right now I have it ordered at Amazon for 20% off w/Prime.

farisr

I just saw that my CC got charged. Assumed it was Yakuza 0 seeing as that had no big stock problems going on when I placed the order.

Surprisingly, it's Gravity Rush 2.

killroy87

I like the look of Arms, but just can't pull the trigger on it at $80... paradoxically, I want it to be a great game and do well... but I also want to get it for about half that price :)

I'm going to see what else I've got that I can trade in towards Mario Kart, but I don't think I have much of value left to continue building my preorder treasure trove... right now I have it ordered at Amazon for 20% off w/Prime.

Haha, I know exactly what you mean. I'm biting the bullet and buying it (for $63.99 after prime) because I want to show support. I'm a very big believer in "if you want to see more new games, support the new games". Plus, I have no reason at the moment to doubt the amount of content in the game. If I catch wind that it seems super bare bones, I might reassess.

nath999

I just snagged a NES classic at the Eatons centre EB. They are being very hush hush about it, got it quietly from the back room for me.

Looks like a lot of Ebgames in the GTA got stock of 3-4 units. Most sold out already though, They are selling only one per customer which is good.

bryt

Just traded in games and preordered a pro controller at ebgames.

So they're taking in store pre orders as well. So if you have games and want to save tax you can go that route.

Deus Ex MD TIV is $12 before double up
Watch Dogs 2 $25 before double up

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom