• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Canadian Gaming Deals & Discussion 8: Don't Move Here For The Deals

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tik-Tok

Is there a listing for the switch docks sold separately yet? The Nintendo US Website has it listed as 89.99 (!!!!)
I'm scared of what it will cost to have a dock in the living room and a dock in the bedroom. Or god forbid a third dock at the girlfriends house.

Ugh, the manager at my local EB Games is such an aggressive seller. I just went in to see if they happened to have any copies of Yakuza 0, and he went on for five minutes about all the games that I could pre-order. After I told him I wasn't interested in pre-ordering any games right now, he took his sweet time checking me out and had another go at the pre-order spiel. I either need to start trading games in at a different location, or just start selling them online. I'd probably make more with the latter, but I'm lazy.

Anyway, they didn't have Y0, so I ended up trading in Disney Infinity 2 (PS4) and Alpha Sapphire to get RE7 for $21 instead. Still worked out nicely, I'd say.

Kyolux

Is Battleborn worth it for $11.99? https://www.amazon.ca/dp/B00LN0F3OE/

I am interested in trying it out now that the 60fps patch is out for PS4 Pro.

I picked it up on Monday (received it yesterday). Downloaded the patch, played the tutorial mission, then did the tutorial match they added.

Then went back to Yakuza 0.

But no regrets. Worse case I'll just play bot matches if I can't find anyone to play with. I had fun back during the beta with this game. Actually have it on Steam, but I'll play Overwatch if I'm playing on PC.

farisr

As someone that never pays for Xbox live, should I get this?
No. Your experience would be really limited if you don't intend to play any multiplayer with this game.

Then again, there's always the possibility of them coming out and saying and showing there's a full fledged/worthwhile single player experience in the game as well. So do what most of us in here do. Preorder at the low price, cancel close to release if it isn't shaping up to be your thing.

tiijj

You don't need the joy-con for Justdance for switch. You can install an app for that lol
I can imagine it now, people will be like "damn nintendo why release a console when you need a smartphone for everything"

N0Sgcup.jpg
DI5VcvO.jpg

To me the switch pro controller is a convenience thing. I bet the joycons with grip feel good enough but just not having to attach and detach is nice. 100 bucks tho....

Did best buy put it on sale yet?

I know Canada Post frequently says stuff has been delivered before it actually has, so don't freak out yet.

What's the time it says it delivered? Could be they scanned it delivered and it's still on the truck en route to you now.

Mine always says delivered at ~11:30 and then doesn't show up till the mail around 1pm (community mailbox).

You guys were right. My package appeared in my mailbox. Weird that the tracking has always been reliable to me up 'till now.

antibolo

Banned
You don't need the joy-con for Justdance for switch. You can install an app for that lol
I can imagine it now, people will be like "damn nintendo why release a console when you need a smartphone for everything"

I'm pretty sure all versions of Just Dance have this feature. It's pretty clever actually.

leeman

Where in the hell can I get a Nintendo classic? Like what the flying fuck nintendo? Make more.

Word on the street is that Toys R Us have them in-store on the west coast today (Vancouver), which means they will probably arrive across the country over the next week as they move west to east.

I think there was word that EB Games in Toronto area had them in-store today as well.

Why there hasn't been a MAJOR restock is seriously beyond me....

Are people expecting the Pro Controllers for Switch to sell out? I was going to pre-order one on EB Games but there was no in store pickup option and I don't want to pay for shipping and get it days after launch.

edit: fuck it. preordered.

killroy87

Are people expecting the Pro Controllers for Switch to sell out? I was going to pre-order one on EB Games but there was no in store pickup option and I don't want to pay for shipping and get it days after launch.

It won't be hard to find for long. I don't think many of the people here getting one (me included) really even know why we're doing it. It's not like there ar ea ton of games releasing that really require a dpad. Bomberman is probably the most notable, and I'm sure you'll do juuuuust fine with a stick.

MikeyMike

Any way right now I can save a few bucks if I buy a PS4 Pro?

Best option I have at the moment is my friend employee discount at Wal Mart (10% I think?)

Bronetta

Ask me about the moon landing or the temperature at which jet fuel burns. You may be surprised at what you learn.
That reminds me, has a non-scalper ever managed to buy a NES Classic controller, ever?

I saw a couple at Best Buy yesterday (east Toronto)

Any way right now I can save a few bucks if I buy a PS4 Pro?

Best option I have at the moment is my friend employee discount at Wal Mart (10% I think?)

Purchase it with a 20x coupon at Shoppers? That should net you a lot of points you could use on games/accessories or groceries/cosmetics.

kevin1025

Banned
You guys were right. My package appeared in my mailbox. Weird that the tracking has always been reliable to me up 'till now.

It could be a new mailperson or a new person on your route and they do things different. Plus I remember someone here mentioning that their package said delivered and a second truck randomly put it in the mailbox. Haha, Canada is fun!

Glad you got it, though!

Holy fuck I love double credit:

Dead Rising 4: 54.60

Dragon Ball Xenoverse 2: 52.50

Mafia 3: 42.00

Smash Bros WiiU: 52.50

Paid off a pro controller, a copy or arms, and an extra AC adapter(after an extra tenner out of pocket)

Holy fuck I love double credit:

Dead Rising 4: 54.60

Dragon Ball Xenoverse 2: 52.50

Mafia 3: 42.00

Smash Bros WiiU: 52.50

Paid off a pro controller, a copy or arms, and an extra AC adapter(after an extra tenner out of pocket)

Uncharted 4 still gets $48 after double credit too! EB bringing it with the trade in promos since Dec.

Alright - I'm prepped for Persona 5 and NieR: Automata now.

I shouldn't have to backup my Amazon Prime order with EB Games Preorders to get the games on release day, but ya' do what you have to, I guess.

Damax

Neo Member
Does anyone have a screenshot of that 28.50 Kingdom Hearts, my order got changed as well but they are asking for proof. Going to have to start screen shotting all my prices with them from now on.

terrible

Banned
Ugh, the manager at my local EB Games is such an aggressive seller. I just went in to see if they happened to have any copies of Yakuza 0, and he went on for five minutes about all the games that I could pre-order. After I told him I wasn't interested in pre-ordering any games right now, he took his sweet time checking me out and had another go at the pre-order spiel. I either need to start trading games in at a different location, or just start selling them online. I'd probably make more with the latter, but I'm lazy.

Anyway, they didn't have Y0, so I ended up trading in Disney Infinity 2 (PS4) and Alpha Sapphire to get RE7 for $21 instead. Still worked out nicely, I'd say.

I guess I'm a bit of a dick but if they start going off on their long "do you want x" thing I cut them off and say no thanks, I only want this game, I don't need anything else. I understand they are told to say all that stuff but I have no patience for that.

Well, now I have Breath of the Wild, Arms, Mario Kart 8 Deluxe, Puyo Puyo Tetris, Yarn Poochi Amiibo, and a Pro controller all preorddered purely on trade credit.

Feels good.

Ventara

Well, now I have Breath of the Wild, Arms, Mario Kart 8 Deluxe, Puyo Puyo Tetris, Yarn Poochi Amiibo, and a Pro controller all preorddered purely on trade credit.

Feels good.

Ah, they added MK8? Nice. I'm trying to plat Uncharted as quick as I can to trade that in. That and TriForce Heroes should pay off MK8.

Does anyone have a screenshot of that 28.50 Kingdom Hearts, my order got changed as well but they are asking for proof. Going to have to start screen shotting all my prices with them from now on.

Wow I am not alone... They asked me for the same. I have never been that angry at CS ever, not believing me after the thousands of dollars I gave them throughout the years. Telling me things like maybe I saw it on another order. You see any order at 28.50$ in my history dude? No? Well!

CS told me he believes me but also that Amazon made no error... Well you can't think both at the same time buddy.

I wish I had a proof because it has to be illegal in Quebec at least... Still, screenshot would be proof but it's so easy to falsify.

Phone CS says she escalated the issue to technical or something. Would be nice if that department would see more than one situation with that game and price. I expect nothing from it, though.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom