• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Canadian Gaming Deals & Discussion 8: Don't Move Here For The Deals

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sealtest

What's happening? I never ordered KH so I seem to be out of the loop.

Edit - Ah I see some sort of price drop and amazon was shady making it look like it never existed.

Mimosa97

I swear I don't understand Amazon. Sometimes they behave like petty assholes and refuse to make trivial changes to your order for absolutely no reason and sometimes they'll act with so much goodwill it's baffling.

I called them because a product they sent me had a defect and didn't work and they basically refunded me on the spot and told me not to bother sending it back. Like wtf ? They basically just took my word for it. Compare this to last time when they refused to split one of my orders into two shipments for absolutely no reason and I didn't want to cancel and re-order because I had bought the items during Black friday and didn't want to end up paying regular price. I had to wait a month to receive my shit because one of the 5 items was OOS.

Amazon CS is so YMMV it's crazy.

iiicon

My copy of GR2 shipped last night as well. The E3 discount wasn't properly applied, but I had no issue contacting Amazon and getting the difference refunded. This actually happened with a couple other items in that order (Monster Hunter, Pokemon) last year as well. Wonder what the problem is.

kevin1025

Banned
My copy of GR2 shipped last night as well. The E3 discount wasn't properly applied, but I had no issue contacting Amazon and getting the difference refunded. This actually happened with a couple other items in that order (Monster Hunter, Pokemon) last year as well. Wonder what the problem is.

Was it from E3 2016 where the 20% is wonky?

I'll be taking a screenshot of my 25 dollar Lego city undercover switch.

They already took my gift card money for the game, so technically I already purchased it. Can they do anything about that?

iphys

That site is dead and buried. You can try, but I wouldn't trust any of the info there anymore.

People are still updating it, and all the values were correct for every game I traded in, except Star Fox Zero wasn't on there so maybe they just don't have the newest games.

EvilMario

Will QA for food.
Terrible, right? And where in the world is the BOTW Limited Edition + the BOTW amiibo while they are at it...

I know they will all go up either while I'm at work, or asleep and I'll miss everything. The life of Nintendo fans in Canada..

At this point, I'm already paying up the butt for everything, I might as well just start importing.

Not surprising. That's why I traded in as soon as I could.

same with me, glad i traded in Star Fox Zero last night while it was still $56

I think i was affected by the GR2 pricing too, can you tell me what was the correct pricing?

suikodan

Did a trade today towards the Switch at EBGames. I'm happy that the RFD hit didn't apply to what I was returning.

Value 2X

WiiU
Tokyo Mirage Sessions #FE - 48$
Mario Kart 8 - 50$
Donkey Kong Country Tropical Freeze - 18$

3DS
Fire Emblem Fates Birthright - 30$
New Super Mario Bros 2 - 22$
Bravely Second End Layer - 30$
Hyrule Warriors Legends - 30$

PS4:
The Last Guardian - 60$
Dark Souls 2: SOTF - 14$
Resident Evil Revelations 2 - 10$

A whopping total of 312$!!! I'm happy!

SickBoy

So were people just sitting on games to trade, waiting to have a big pile or something?

Don't do that, people! Especially when they're offering $56 for a critical dog like Star Fox Zero :) Trade those things in at your earliest convenience!

farisr

So were people just sitting on games to trade, waiting to have a big pile or something?

Don't do that, people! Especially when they're offering $56 for a critical dog like Star Fox Zero :) Trade those things in at your earliest convenience!
For me, I actually had no clue whether I wanted to sell The Last Guardian or keep it since I hadn't played it when I first went in to do the trade a week ago.

Played it over the last three days and decided to do it.

But yeah, go right now people. The trade values are only going to get lower, not to mention the 2x value promotion is done on January 29th.

kinger

Gah. Vancouver's stupid bylaw means I can't really do the trade ins on weekdays -.- hope UC4 and Mario Maker are okay until Saturday
Which store do you normally trade in at? I asked Park Royal in West Van and Metrotown, and they both said they do trade ins all day, but YMMV on any of the other ones though, cause one of them said "unlike some stores" when I asked, haha.
It seems like YMMV huh. That's good then.
Hearsay is that there might be slight adjustments made by store(and/or district?) managers depending on demand and influx, so it's possible there will start to be some varying tivs, especially with high traffic games like Star fox and people being able to get for cheap and trade in.

Firestorm

Which store do you normally trade in at? I asked Park Royal in West Van and Metrotown, and they both said they do trade ins all day, but YMMV on any of the other ones though, cause one of them said "unlike some stores" when I asked, haha.
Yeah they'd be fine since they're in West Vancouver and Burnaby. My Switch pre-order is at Oakridge which is Vancouver proper =[

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom