• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Canadian Gaming Deals & Discussion 8: Don't Move Here For The Deals

Status
Not open for further replies.
Was able to preoder the hori controller for switch at EB. Shows up as "wired controller" on receipt, in case associate cant find it in the system.

Also MK8 deluxe was not being 2x trade bumped, so a manual override may be needed.

Kyolux

Traded in like 20ish games for the Pro.

Don't think I have much since then that's worth anything that I'd want to get rid of. And risk losing half of the value since I'm not interested in the switch anyway for now.

Zeeman

Hey all,

I have 2 tickets to the Switch event in Toronto for tomorrow from 6:30pm-9:30pm, but I'm going to be unable to attend. I can't guarantee it'll work, but if anyone wants, I can try to transfer the tickets to them. Shoot me a PM, I'm not going to be watching the thread.

e: Gone

Cru Jones

Wow I am not alone... They asked me for the same. I have never been that angry at CS ever, not believing me after the thousands of dollars I gave them throughout the years. Telling me things like maybe I saw it on another order. You see any order at 28.50$ in my history dude? No? Well!

CS told me he believes me but also that Amazon made no error... Well you can't think both at the same time buddy.

I wish I had a proof because it has to be illegal in Quebec at least... Still, screenshot would be proof but it's so easy to falsify.

Phone CS says she escalated the issue to technical or something. Would be nice if that department would see more than one situation with that game and price. I expect nothing from it, though.

If this was me, I would probably just go into the order screen in chrome, right click, inspect properties and edit the screen to change the figures to whatever the original order said. Then take a screenshot of it and send it off.

Dazzler

Traded in like 20ish games for the Pro.

Don't think I have much since then that's worth anything that I'd want to get rid of. And risk losing half of the value since I'm not interested in the switch anyway for now.

Are EB running any promos for trading up to a Pro?

I missed the boat over Christmas, but I'm now in a position to go for it

I have a PS4 and New 3DS I'd be willing to trade toward it

neeksleep

So, I had to travel for bereavement during the whole switch pre-order thing and now I know I'm too late. Is my only chance of getting on at launch by lining up at walmart early? Their employees told me to preorder online but there doesn't even seem to be a page for it.

Kyolux

Are EB running any promos for trading up to a Pro?

I missed the boat over Christmas, but I'm now in a position to go for it

I have a PS4 and New 3DS I'd be willing to trade toward it

No idea. I don't think so. Did my trade-ins when that came out.

Magnus

PSA: EB Games' offer to get 2x trade credit toward ANYTHING Switch-related ends in two days.

Getting $50+ each (which is really $60 considering this credit isn't taxable) for many of the big games I got last fall is amazing. Long live physical copies.

I might even get like $40 for this Pokemon Alpha Sapphire...

Murdamonk

I had received Resident Evil 7 from amazon (haven't open it yet), but am i supposed to received a pre-order bonus by email, also?

Anyone know what happens to my digital accounts (PSN, Steam) if I move to the US? Can I still access them there, or do I have to make new ones etc..?

Lexxism

Anyone know what happens to my digital accounts (PSN, Steam) if I move to the US? Can I still access them there, or do I have to make new ones etc..?
Yes. There's also an option on steam where you can change your account country if you can prove that you are living in that country.

timnich

Fuck yes, managed to snag the special edition!

Heads up to anyone trading in a console along with games to EB Games for Switch stuff. Seperate the console and game trade ins, there is a glitch that prevents the promo from being applied to the console when traded in at the same time as games. Luckily I tripled checked my receipt or I would have been screwed out of $60 credit!

Lizardus

Can't believe I got it, thanks leeman for putting up the original link.

Is not master's edition but it'll do. How much was the master's edition on EB?

mdubs

Banned
That Special Edition is ridiculously expensive. Basically $60 for a pouch, soundtrack, map, and coin. Damn

Can't believe I got it, thanks leeman for putting up the original link.

Is not master's edition but it'll do. How much was the master's edition on EB?

$199.99

Sealtest

Guess I can cancel my Master Edition from Amazon.com. I just can't pay $60 for that statue. If it didn't look rubbery and poorly like shown on the livestream I might've still got it.

Sealtest

You should get it anyway. Flip it.

Or give a gaf member the opportunity to buy it off of you.

I've never been a fan of flipping items.

And I've recently started noticing anything from Amazon being shipped to my PO Box in Detroit goes missing for 2 Weeks then finally gets delivered so I can't make that offer to anyone because of that =/. I lost 6 pounds of turtle food last month because it went missing between the truck and my box.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom