• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Canadian Gaming Deals & Discussion 8: Don't Move Here For The Deals

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sealtest

I can't promise I'll sell it to a gaffer, but for the moment I'll keep my order open. If it ships and it arrives I'll offer it to someone but I apologize I can't promise someone it at this moment because of how bad my PO Box is.

Got mine

Chatting with CSR for the prime discount

Fularu how's it going with that? The guy I'm talking to is giving me the "the discount will be applied when it ships" line.

guess i'll contact amazon as well. sometimes it gets automatically applied after some time, but with items that sell out quickly.. that's a different story lol

edit:

I can't promise I'll sell it to a gaffer, but for the moment I'll keep my order open. If it ships and it arrives I'll offer it to someone but I apologize I can't promise someone it at this moment because of how bad my PO Box is.

Instead of shipping it to a PO box, ask in the US thread if anyone would like your pre-order, ask them to send you a gift card amount for the total cost of it, and change the delivery address to theirs. I did that for someone in the US when I had a US amazon preorder of FE:Fates SE.

I've never been a fan of flipping items.

And I've recently started noticing anything from Amazon being shipped to my PO Box in Detroit goes missing for 2 Weeks then finally gets delivered so I can't make that offer to anyone because of that =/. I lost 6 pounds of turtle food last month because it went missing between the truck and my box.

Had a conversation with a worker at the post office the other day. Apparently the big rage now with theft is for people to follow around delivery trucks, the scoop up parcels that they leave on people's doorsteps. Yep. That's a thing.

Bronetta

Ask me about the moon landing or the temperature at which jet fuel burns. You may be surprised at what you learn.
Has anyone who did the 2x Switch trade promos been able to move their preorders to something else?

I want to take advantage of the 2x promo but not if Im getting locked into Switch games.

Hedgey

Has anyone who did the 2x Switch trade promos been able to move their preorders to something else?

I want to take advantage of the 2x promo but not if Im getting locked into Switch games.

There's no reason this shouldn't work. Just go in another day.

hahahaa

She fucked up the order price and accidentally it set to its $27.99, so she asked me to cancel it and reorder it. before I could really process what I was reading, she then said "oh nevermind! I was able to fix it for you!" and set it back to the correct discounted price.

For a brief glorious moment I had a $31 (after tax) Zelda BoTW Special edition... gone before I really had a chance to know you!

Bronetta

Ask me about the moon landing or the temperature at which jet fuel burns. You may be surprised at what you learn.
There's no reason this shouldn't work. Just go in another day.

People on RFD saying the bonus credit could get revoked or you could get flagged thats why I wanted to confirm someone else has done it first.

Even for $60 I dont feel like parting with Tge Last Guardian. Its such a special game.

hahahaa

She fucked up the order price and accidentally it set to its $27.99, so she asked me to cancel it and reorder it. before I could really process what I was reading, she then said "oh nevermind! I was able to fix it for you!" and set it back to the correct discounted price.

For a brief glorious moment I had a $31 (after tax) Zelda BoTW Special edition... gone before I really had a chance to know you!

you got it fixed? US or foreign support?

killroy87

Out of curiosity, is anyone able to go into their Amazon order for the Special Edition and edit it? (Change shipping address, payment info, etc)? For some reason I'm unable to, despite being able to for every other order.

No dice. Two different agents, both foreign, both telling me I'll get the discount when this ships.

Lol, I'm going to be that guy and assume it has nothing to do with them being foreign :p

Out of curiosity, is anyone able to go into their Amazon order for the Special Edition and edit it? (Change shipping address, payment info, etc)? For some reason I'm unable to, despite being able to for every other order.

Lol, I'm going to be that guy and assume it has nothing to do with them being foreign :p

No problem getting my order here. Try the mobile version of the website?

By the way to page now shows the: "Prime members save on new release games and get free release day delivery." on it now.

Not saying it does. Just stating the facts.

THough I have noticed that the US reps are able to do more with orders now then the foreign reps. <--- my personal experience.

Outrun

Fellow Windsorite Gaffer?

:)

1337Sauce

Just had mine adjusted by a very nice rep. Was extremely polite about it...simply told them I have had one or two orders with the discount not applied before and I would appreciate it if they could possibly apply it now. Took about five minutes while the lady forwarded the problem to her supervisors as well...definitely seemed like she has dealt with this in the last hour.

Hedgey

Just had mine adjusted by a very nice rep. Was extremely polite about it...simply told them I have had one or two orders with the discount not applied before and I would appreciate it if they could possibly apply it now. Took about five minutes while the lady forwarded the problem to her supervisors as well...definitely seemed like she has dealt with this in the last hour.

Both reps that I talked to wanted to send an e-mail out to "promotions" instead of dealing with the issue themselves

Sealtest

A very nice rep from amazon named Suzan reduced mine to $120 before tax.

She was so nice we ended up having a 30 minute talk about the weather, how walmart is terrible in her city and Canadian/American accents. If you get her you'll be fine.

Fellow Windsorite Gaffer?

:)

Yessir.

Hedgey

She was so nice we ended up having a 30 minute talk about the weather, how walmart is terrible in her city and Canadian/American accents. If you get her you'll be fine.

Daaang, I wish my reps were that nice.

Lizardus

Yessir.

Nice, did you get her number?

Lexxism

She was so nice we ended up having a 30 minute talk about the weather, how walmart is terrible in her city and Canadian/American accents. If you get her you'll be fine..
Is she #teamwarm or #teamcold?

Luigi87

Special Edition went up while I was at work, eh?

... deep breath deep breath deep breath deep breath

Edit: That being said, perhaps it is better that I didn't get an order there. If Amazon missed launch day delivery for me, which is very likely, a Special Edition from Nintendo wouldn't be an easy pick up elsewhere and return the Amazon copy to the elsewhere location like other games... and I need Zelda day one.

Hedgey

Someone from the "leadership team" is on the chat now, as the first person I talked to said they weren't able to change prices. She's saying a manual price reduction would cause an issue with the pre-order price guarantee? *sigh*

Was able to get Amazon to lower the price on Zelda SE

dS2Z6d9.png

0 issues, keep trying till you get someone that will do it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom