• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Canadian Gaming Deals & Discussion 8: Don't Move Here For The Deals

Status
Not open for further replies.

Hedgey

tCRdN.png

This is a joke, right?

Gitaroo

Really? noooo, if I can't get a discount with my Zelda SE I hope I can get it from eb then, hate dealing with amazon shipping bs,

EvilMario

Will QA for food.
Noticed my Bomberman discount after the price change is only $1 right now. Had to contact them about that as well. Doing e-mails for BotW SE and Bomberman. I can't be bothered with live chat unless they tell me no on the e-mail front.

RaidenXZ

I know its the deals thread, but is anyone have a switch preorder or a switch coming they don't want? Have a friend who missed his chance to preorder and really wants one to play Zelda. Would rather ask fellow Canadians first and foremost :p (He doesn't have Wii U)

I know its the deals thread, but is anyone have a switch preorder or a switch coming they don't want? Have a friend who missed his chance to preorder and really wants one to play Zelda. Would rather ask fellow Canadians first and foremost :p (He doesn't have Wii U)

Then he's not worthy of it's successor.

soultron

Banned
Switch Pre-orders @ Best Buy infos:

Not sure if it's been mentioned, but I just got an email from BB saying that the date listed as 31 March was indeed a mistake and they're guaranteeing pre-orders will ship on 03 March, the actual launch day.

I know it had been cleared up by their social media channels, but I'd take this as a more concrete confirmation of the date.

antibolo

Banned

You might be able to get one if you visit the Best Buy listing regularly.

killroy87

Not sure if it's been mentioned, but I just got an email from BB saying that the date listed as 31 March was indeed a mistake and they're guaranteeing pre-orders will ship on 03 March, the actual launch day.

I know it had been cleared up by their social media channels, but I'd take this as a more concrete confirmation of the date.

Yup, got this too.

Ventara

Well, did a few trades today and here are the TIVs, though they've already been posted before. This is before any promos.

Mario Party: Island Tour (3DS) - $9
Paper Mario: Sticker Star (3DS) - $10
Story of Seasons (3DS) - $9
Legend of Zelda: Triforce Heroes (3DS) - $17
Uncharted 4 (PS4) - $24
Hyrule Warriors (Wii U) - $24
Mario Kart 8 (Wii U) - $25
Xenoblade Chronicles X (Wii U) - $27

Got $314 after the promos, which I applied to Zelda: BotW, Mario Kart 8 Deluxe, Arms and Lego City, which were the only 4 Wii U games that were $80 according to the clerk. I'll be moving these to other games as they become available.

Luigi87

Well, did a few trades today and here are the TIVs, though they've already been posted before. This is before any promos.

Got $314 after the promos, which I applied to Zelda: BotW, Mario Kart 8 Deluxe, Arms and Lego City, which were the only 4 Wii U games that were $80 according to the clerk. I'll be moving these to other games as they become available.

Ooh, didn't realize one could finally pre-order MK8D at EB... Perhaps I should trade in my copy of MK8...

Got the following email from best buy:
Thanks for pre-ordering the Nintendo Switch! We know you can't wait to dive into all the fun gameplay experiences this unique new console will deliver.

You may have noticed that the Nintendo Switch is listed with an incorrect delivery date of Mar. 31, 2017 on the Order Status page. Don't worry -- the actual release date is Mar. 3, 2017. Since you've pre-ordered the Switch we'll make sure it gets shipped out by Mar. 3 so it can be delivered to you as soon as possible.

Sorry about the mix-up, and enjoy the Nintendo Switch!

Thanks for shopping at Best Buy,

The Best Buy Team

Just in case anyone was worried about it.

Kiro

How can zelda have a delivery of march 8th when I'm a prime member for amazon. Don't I pay for having day 1 delivery on preorder?

This is still incorrect. It'll ship the day before launch and arrive on launch day. Just like when you preorder anything video game related from them. Assuming you don't live in the boonies.

They're just saying this to be safe most likely.

EvilMario

Will QA for food.
How can zelda have a delivery of march 8th when I'm a prime member for amazon. Don't I pay for having day 1 delivery on preorder?

I see this with all my Prime orders now. Any Prime shipping you're not paying extra extra for lists as 2-4 days for me. These guys at Amazon, holy..

kevin1025

Banned
Mine runs out in May and I'm letting it happen. 10 years on XBL and I'm finally cutting ties. I barely ever use the Xbox One at all.

Mine ran out at the start of January, and I'm not opting back in. With Play Anywhere now and not needing Gold on PC, there was really no reason to continue.

Is there any place I can still get Tales of Zestiria for 24.99?

Best Buy, if a store nearby has it. Amazon is selling it for $29.99 right now.

Wow, really? Looking through the listing it's only showing standard and ultimate versions of the Xbone version. Is Canada not getting the PC version physical maybe?

I think the issue is that THQ Nordic is doing the physical pc distribution. Maybe it will come back still though not through microsoft.

Wait, what?
Game pre-orders have release-day delivery free for Prime.

Strange, I'm in Toronto and rarely get this option for free. It leaves their depot on release day but every game seems to be day 2 or more. The past week though random items I have ordered were free 1 day (scissors, cases).

Luigi87

In regards to Release Date Delivery, Amazon specifically says:
Prime members save on new release games and get free release day delivery.
Must be a Prime member at time of delivery. Release day delivery is not eligible on all games.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom