• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Canadian Gaming Deals & Discussion 8: Don't Move Here For The Deals

Status
Not open for further replies.

Lexxism

I see. Do these codes have an expiry date? I couldn't find anything on the website. Looking online, there is conflicting information. Wonder if its possible to stack them.
I don't think so. PS+ doesn't have one. I would assume it's the same for Live. Based on this, it doesn't stack? Can anyone refute this?

edit: It seems like if you are a silver or gold member, you can get the live for 35.99 at XB1 dashboard? (YMMV obviously)

Bronetta

Ask me about the moon landing or the temperature at which jet fuel burns. You may be surprised at what you learn.
Greaaaat, I was covering the Switch event so I got to play Zelda but missed preordering the special edition.

Even Nintendo employees can't secure preorders. Its the wild west out here.

I will forever miss you, HMV. You were the only place in town I could check out anime blu-rays and the only place where you could get decent deals on criterion blu-rays.

RIP

Got a feeling HMV Canada will have some pretty sweet sales of merchandise incl Movies & Music CD's soon.

http://globalnews.ca/news/3211071/h...-after-failing-to-pay-off-debts/?sf53164547=1

Yep, I've got a thread going for it:

http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showthread.php?p=229230883&posted=1#post229230883

I remember when they used to sell video games. Never any good deals, but another option was always nice.

The superstore here in Downtown Montreal is a great way to kill time in between classes, it has an amazing selection and is usually pretty full. I'll be sad to see it go.

kevin1025

Banned
The Wal-Mart Supercentre I go to has gotten weird with their game section. At least, for the "bargain bin" section. They usually have the four-way display in the walkway outside electronics, and then before Christmas they had another section of PS4 and Xbox One games inside by the game cases. They had a monstrous ton of games there, but when I went last night, they still have the same set-up, but only Xbox One games. No PS4 games to be seen.

I don't know what's real anymore.

The Wal-Mart Supercentre I go to has gotten weird with their game section. At least, for the "bargain bin" section. They usually have the four-way display in the walkway outside electronics, and then before Christmas they had another section of PS4 and Xbox One games inside by the game cases. They had a monstrous ton of games there, but when I went last night, they still have the same set-up, but only Xbox One games. No PS4 games to be seen.

I don't know what's real anymore.

I don't bother with Walmart for anything gaming related anymore. One closest to me has all their accessories locked up as well as most or all of their games. They do have a bit of switch advertisement up but that's about it.

Flare

Dammit, missed the special edition... I would hope that Nintendo has a large quantity of at least the special edition, but even hoping is a fruitless endeavor.

tiijj

O_O ... I completely forgot about them. Big thanks!

Looks like I may need to take March 3rd off work and go Switch hunting

I don't think so.

However, I think TRU don't take preorders so it might be your best shot to get one on release day!

TRU didn't do a "pre-order" but they did a "pre-sell". Dunno how that will affect their stock allocation.

Post 9810
Was thinking of going to preorder a Switch at Toys R Us since I heard they had just opened theirs. Called today and they told me it was a 'presell', they don't actually order the stuff until they know how many they need. This seems contrary to what most other outlets do; has anyone had experience with them flubbing this and not having enough stock to fulfill your preorder?

afaik walmart didnt do a preorder online even though they were the ones who posted the correct price, not sure about in-store tho.

TRU didn't do a "pre-order" but they did a "pre-sell". Dunno how that will affect their stock allocation.

Post 9810

afaik walmart didnt do a preorder online even though they were the ones who posted the correct price, not sure about in-store tho.

Ah, good to know. I've luckily got a Toys R Us and Walmart close-by, so I'll have to see what the story is for each of them

Ah, good to know. I've luckily got a Toys R Us and Walmart close-by, so I'll have to see what the story is for each of them

TRU was really good during the Wii shortages back in the day. They would know exactly how many they were getting, including Sundays (thats when I got mine).

kevin1025

Banned
I don't bother with Walmart for anything gaming related anymore. One closest to me has all their accessories locked up as well as most or all of their games. They do have a bit of switch advertisement up but that's about it.

Yeah, they like to lock stuff up big time.

OH! I saw a deal at Wal-Mart, kind of.

Guitar Hero Live, the new one, they have it on clearance for $29.99. I got ultra excited when I saw it, but at the location I was at they only had PS3 and Wii U. It looked like all versions, though.

LowRoller

tCV0t.png

Success!

https://twitter.com/NintendoCanada/status/825069352156139520

Pics from the Toronto Switch event courtesy of Nintendo Canada on Twitter.
Mario Diner? lol.
Looks alright!
Damn I wish I had a ticket to this . Really wanted to go tomorrow

TRU was really good during the Wii shortages back in the day. They would know exactly how many they were getting, including Sundays (thats when I got mine).

I didn't have such a great time with TRU back then, but I think it might have been due to it being one of the few stores that had them back then

Vamphuntr

Hey. Nobody is making them read it. We're merely suggesting they do.

I just can imagine their water cooler conversation after this.

*Today a customer made me read the NeoGAF forum because I wouldn't give him his prime 20% off.
* What's that?
* A gaming forum and in that thread they keep saying how Amazon keeps failing them, doesn't ship on time, use bad shipping carriers, no day 1 release delivery guarantee and how we are bad with preorders.
*Oh my God you had to read that. This job is getting worse each day.
*The worst of it is they have pages and pages of whining and complaining yet they keep reloading our site to try to preorder more games from us.
*Suckers

RaidenXZ

Then he's not worthy of it's successor.

He was always on the fence about getting one but he eventually just decided to wait til the next system instead. Still don't know why he never pulled the trigger :p

You might be able to get one if you visit the Best Buy listing regularly.

And thanks for the info. I'll def give him the heads up. Are they periodically taking more and more preorders at all? Also, have TRU and Walmart done them yet or at all? I got mine with EB so I'm just trying to help him out

Well, my Gravity Rush 2 issue was solved recently (people aren't kidding about Amazon.ca CS being SUPER generous sometimes) and I've taken steps in case the same happens with Persona 5 TYH and NieR: Automata.

Hedgey

As press I got... a pin. That's it. They seemed to be awarding Mario/Luigi baseball hats and Mario socks to people who participated in game demos on the main stage though.

That's kinda garbo =(
Hey- better than nothing I guess?
Anyone else get an invite for today at 6:30PM? If so I'll cya there.

BeforeU

Oft hope is born when all is forlorn.
If anyone interested Planet Earth 2 UHD on Amazon.ca is for $52.

Preorder while you can, its cheaper than US. Seems like a pricing error.

GAF I want to buy a Pro Controller for the switch for launch day, laugh at me and tell me I am delusional, thank you.

I was hoping to do the same. I figured each store would get a few in to sell on launch day. Is this delusional? I hope not. Otherwise I'm going to regret not pre-ordering on EB Games' website haha

I was hoping to do the same. I figured each store would get a few in to sell on launch day. Is this delusional? I hope not. Otherwise I'm going to regret not pre-ordering on EB Games' website haha
I am going to try that too, there is a best buy on my way to work, I got Nintendo classic on launch day without pre-ordering because I wanted to witness the craze for this thing on launch day only to see 3 people in line only so I queued up and got one. I am hoping I get the same luck again, it seems not many people think of best buy for launch days which is good.

etta

my hard graphic balls
Anyone with Bell Fibe get a speed boost recently?
I got the 25mbps package, and I always used to get 31-33mbps. Then about a week ago it increased to 41-43mbps, and today I'm getting 63mbps...
The fuck?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom