• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Canadian Gaming Deals & Discussion 8: Don't Move Here For The Deals

Status
Not open for further replies.

Bronetta

Ask me about the moon landing or the temperature at which jet fuel burns. You may be surprised at what you learn.
Just called, the SKU just appeared this morning. They have some Pro controllers allocations left too. I'm all set :)

image.php

N° 2048

Yakuza 0 already seems impossible to find :/

Hope this isn't the case, I'll be getting the physical (trying to at least) once I finish GR2 this week.

Has best buy still not put the pro controller on sale? Would rather drop my amazon pre-order and get it there....assuming I keep the preorder which I'm even undecided about that.

Yakuza 0 already seems impossible to find :/

Hope this isn't the case, I'll be getting the physical (trying to at least) once I finish GR2 this week.

I've tried a few eb's and best buys with no luck either.

It's not surprising Sega had a limited print run for this game seeing as the last few were digital only, but didn't expect it to be this scarce only a week after release.

I didn't want to do digital bit it may be the only option now.

N° 2048

I've tried a few eb's and best buys with no luck either.

It's not surprising Sega had a limited print run for this game seeing as the last few were digital only, but didn't expect it to be this scarce only a week after release.

I didn't want to do digital bit it may be the only option now.

Check your local shops, mine only had two in stock and they were kind enough to set one aside for me.

Might suck paying full price and not getting %20 off with Prime but, hey, it's Yakuza :p

Sora_N

Ugh, I can't afford Yakuza right now even though I tried. I was hoping I can pick it up later, but I guess I'll do digital.

Jinto

Went to EB for the Zelda SE and it's not in their system yet. Called another one with the same result. Both stores got an email from corporate about it. I got them to take my info down so they can call me when the info goes up.

I'll be so salty if I miss out on this.

Thanks for the heads up, Fuzzy.

Edit: One of the stores just called me. Heading there now...

You know, the SE looks pretty cool and all, but I can't justify the extra $40 for the carrying case, CD, and a coin and map I'll never use.

What appeal does it have to some of you guys who want it?

I won't be able to hit up EB until late afternoon. I wonder how may they have. Also hope they are still taking pro controller orders.

Will changing the payment method on my BestBuy.ca Switch pre order mess with my order?

I have an in-store Toys R Us pre order but it's super sketchy, so I pre ordered a Switch from BB just in case (since I can easily return my console in store if TRU pulls through) but my card probably couldn't handle two Switches...

killroy87

Will changing the payment method on my BestBuy.ca Switch pre order mess with my order?

I have an in-store Toys R Us pre order but it's super sketchy, so I pre ordered a Switch from BB just in case (since I can easily return my console in store if TRU pulls through) but my card probably couldn't handle two Switches...

Shouldn't.

i-Jest

For the Switch Event

Does anyone know if I need to show the actual print out ticket, or can I just show them my phone with the PDF file with ticket info on it?

nadozza

For the Switch Event

Does anyone know if I need to show the actual print out ticket, or can I just show them my phone with the PDF file with ticket info on it?

I'm just in, phone works. Just show them and you'll get your wristband, then head down the hall to the waiting room.

Luigi87

You know, the SE looks pretty cool and all, but I can't justify the extra $40 for the carrying case, CD, and a coin and map I'll never use.

I want that case, but there was no way in hell I was gonna get the Master Edition, as I don't want the statue.

tiijj

I like the coin I guess. I feel like the case is too gaudy for me, I most likely won't use it. The map and cd is ok I guess, I mean I have a japanese se.

I just bought it online from EBgames, am I missing something?

Yeah I just ordered from amazon canada for prime pricing, and its coming back in stock in 2 weeks. No biggie. Otherwise it looks like EB online is the way to go.

If you are willing to spend full price ($92-$95 all in depending on your province), amazon.COM is around $70 USD shipped right away.

Not rare, but first run looks sold out some places.

Anyone with Bell Fibe get a speed boost recently?
I got the 25mbps package, and I always used to get 31-33mbps. Then about a week ago it increased to 41-43mbps, and today I'm getting 63mbps...
The fuck?

Meanwhile on Rogers I used to get 30-40mbps and now get 10-15. Fuck Rogers.

De_Legend

Banned
Yeah I just ordered from amazon canada for prime pricing, and its coming back in stock in 2 weeks. No biggie. Otherwise it looks like EB online is the way to go.

If you are willing to spend full price ($92-$95 all in depending on your province), amazon.COM is around $70 USD shipped right away.

Not rare, but first run looks sold out some places.

Yeah I got it for 91$, it's pricey but I really wanted a physical copy, plus Yakuza content wise is stellar so I don't mind too much paying that price.

Skikkiks

Did the Switch trade in thing for games I don't care about

Link Between Worlds - 26
Mario Kart 7 - 22
Mario Kart 8 - 50
Twilight Princess HD - 54
Super Mario 3D World - 18
Hyrule Warriors - 48
Scribblenauts Unlimited - 12

7 games for 230. Had to put it all on accessories because they ran out of MK8 and Breath of the Wild somehow, still had the Pro Controller up though.

killroy87

Did the Switch trade in thing for games I don't care about

Link Between Worlds - 26
Mario Kart 7 - 22
Mario Kart 8 - 50
Twilight Princess HD - 54
Super Mario 3D World - 18
Hyrule Warriors - 48
Scribblenauts Unlimited - 12

7 games for 230. Had to put it all on accessories because they ran out of MK8 and Breath of the Wild somehow, still had the Pro Controller up though.

They ran out of regular games? Ive never once seen them do that. Mario Kart isn't out for months

MrNineties

I won't be able to hit up EB until late afternoon. I wonder how may they have. Also hope they are still taking pro controller orders.

Just came from Yorkdale EBGames. As of 1 hour ago they are actively taking Pro Controller pre-orders. Yes. Now what do I do with my Amazon order?...

I'm a sucker for the Zelda series and I couldn't resist. On top of that, I really like the case that's included. It's pricey, yes, but I guess I'm willing to make exceptions for Zelda.

The EB I went to this morning still had a few pre-orders left for the Pro Controller, but they said that they were moving quickly. I figured I'd grab one while I could. They didn't tell me how many they were getting, but I was given the impression that it wasn't many.

krae_man

Traded in 10 games towards switch stuff and for $340 worth of credit.

Just have to go back another day and move it to generic credit and grab a Switch when they get back in stock.

Proc

For people who missed Zelda SE yesterday, EB is taking preorders in-store today.

Thank you! By the time I got there their allotment was all snagged up but I was able to preorder a Master Edition. I guess someone swapped their sku. I also snagged a pro controller preorder. I'm all set for launch :). Early birthday for this guy lol.

Fuzzy

I would bang a hot farmer!
Thank you! By the time I got there their allotment was all snagged up but I was able to preorder a Master Edition. I guess someone swapped their sku. I also snagged a pro controller preorder. I'm all set for launch :). Early birthday for this guy lol.
Wow, that's awesome.

Sober

Hmm, 25$ off Infinite Warfare at EB. But hearing the XBONE version has performance problems, is that still the case?

Girlfriend rather likes COD Zombies so I've been meaning to get one of them so we can play coop. Or any other recommendations?

NYR

Hmm, 25$ off Infinite Warfare at EB. But hearing the XBONE version has performance problems, is that still the case?

Girlfriend rather likes COD Zombies so I've been meaning to get one of them so we can play coop. Or any other recommendations?
It's a terrible game. I have every CoD ever, hardcore CoD guy, put in days on MO and I can tell you it is terrible. The SP is unique, I will give it that, but it has no depth and is a boring story. I would not get it. Just my opinon, tons of news games coming out here more worth your cash.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom