• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Canadian Gaming Deals & Discussion 8: Don't Move Here For The Deals

Status
Not open for further replies.

jokkir

Out of stock! Christ, I have been reloading that page since yesterday, frequently but just had to make a phone call. This is getting frustrating...

If I end up keeping the Switch I pre-ordered as well, I might just sell this. I can probably let go of it if you don't find it elsewhere.

But yeah, I'll post here if anything if my mind changes about the Switch.

If I end up keeping the Switch I pre-ordered as well, I might just sell this. I can probably let go of it if you don't find it elsewhere.

But yeah, I'll post here if anything if my mind changes about the Switch.

Thanks! I never missed any pre-order at BestBuy, I am usually very fast there and they post the time enough in advance. Still, who knows, I had a like 1% of my recent days where I became unavailable and it's when Amazon and EB put them up so at this point I feel that I am cursed...

~10 minutes.

Added mine to cart around 12:03 EST. It was posted around 11:55?

Added mine to cart around 12:03 EST. It was posted around 11:55?

Yeah that sounds about right at 12:05, the button on the page was grayed out, it usually goes out of stock a bit before.

Sorry you could not get one, there is still BestBuy, Toysrus, Walmart.

Also for most collector/special edition there is usually some stock one day before release from cancellation/extra allocation. At least that was the case for the Majora's Mask 3DS and Limited Edition game.

Yeah that sounds about right at 12:05, the button on the page was grayed out, it usually goes out of stock a bit before.

Sorry you could not get one, there is still BestBuy, Toysrus, Walmart.

Also for most collector/special edition there is usually some stock one day before release from cancellation/extra allocation. At least that was the case for the Majora's Mask 3DS and Limited Edition game.

Yea I am pretty sure that I will secure one. I just wish it was done already so it could be out of my mind! :)

BY2K

Membero Americo
I got the last Zelda Special Edition they had at the EBGames at Plaza Saint-Hubert. Had to spent my whole lunch hour going but I don't give a damn.

IT'S MINE!

schlew

BOOK DEAL

Zelda Arts and Artifacts for $25 at Indigo

There's also a contest where if you pre-order it from Jan 30 - Feb 20, you're entered into a draw for

apparently you can also enter the contest by writing a short essay on which Zelda game is your favourite :lol

Thanks so much for the heads up. I had preordered the book earlier in the month (for $35 all told), and can't seem to find any mention of a lowest price guarantee similar to Amazon, so I cancelled my previous order and went ahead with this one.

zroid

Banned
Thanks so much for the heads up. I had preordered the book earlier in the month (for $35 all told), and can't seem to find any mention of a lowest price guarantee similar to Amazon, so I cancelled my previous order and went ahead with this one.

Yeah, they don't have a system like Amazon where the price adjusts on its own, but they will do it manually if you ask

Certainly easier to just cancel and re-order in most cases

Renewed

In my case I had a problem where I had a gift card about to expire so I used it on the Awakening artbook. Fast forward and it gets a price drop so I had to call in and ask them to adjust the price for when it shipped. I really would love it if Indigo had automatic price adjust...

zroid

Banned
Question for people who trade things in at EB often:

Apparently I was upgraded to a gold membership with them and they sent me this coupon to get $5 extra credit when trading in games. It doesn't have many details though. Just wondering if there's any kind of restriction on what I can trade in to get the extra $5? Like, say, a junk PS3 game with trade value less than a dollar?

Maddog

Apparently I was upgraded to a gold membership with them and they sent me this coupon to get $5 extra credit when trading in games. It doesn't have many details though. Just wondering if there's any kind of restriction on what I can trade in to get the extra $5? Like, say, a junk PS3 game with trade value less than a dollar?

I did that exact thing last week. Escape Dead Island for PS3 traded in for $1 so I got $6 credit.

nath999

My Buddy is desperate for a NES classic, I feel so bad because I was able to get one last week but they wouldn't sell me two. If anyone has any info about stock please let me know.

eyesradar

Yeah I was told as long as the game has a TIV at EB it's ok to apply the coupon. Doesn't stack with other deals tho.
I used up mine yesterday with my super ancient bundled xbox360 PURE (the motorcycle game), got an extra 25c+$5 towards my preorder, which is pretty sweet.

Wait what

I own all DS DQ games still brand new

Mhhh

They've been going up in price for awhile now, but Dragon Quest IV and V are staying steady at around 20-25 dollars for CIB according to pricecharting. It was ridiculous back then since you couldn't get them without paying at least 60 dollars. Dragon Quest VI on the other hand...has seen a pretty big spike to 63 dollars for CIB (new brings that up to 70).

zroid

Banned
Got my Zelda SE pre-ordered. #YOLO

Yeah I was told as long as the game has a TIV at EB it's ok to apply the coupon. Doesn't stack with other deals tho.
I used up mine yesterday with my super ancient bundled xbox360 PURE (the motorcycle game), got an extra 25c+$5 towards my preorder, which is pretty sweet.

Lol on their website it says they accept trades for DS games, so I tried to trade America's Test Kitchen and they said no dice. :X

I knew I should've brought along a PS3 game as well just in case. I'll go back later I guess.

Jinto

The Persona 5 Premium Edition just sold out on Amazon.

I know because I was chatting with a rep to get the Prime discount applied, since I wasn't a member when I initially ordered it. She kept trying to tell me that it doesn't qualify even though it says right on the page it does. I even added it to my cart to prove that it applies and she was like:

Her: Awesome! Shall I cancel the other order?
Me: No, I want you to apply the discount to the existing order. I don't want to be moved to the back of the line.
Her: The existing order does not apply. Console bundles do not apply for the promotion.
Me: wtf

Good thing I didn't get her to cancel the old order, because when I went back to my cart, it was sold out. Fuck Vernelle.

I had to call in and they changed it for me in seconds.

Got my Zelda SE pre-ordered. #YOLO

Lol on their website it says they accept trades for DS games, so I tried to trade America's Test Kitchen and they said no dice. :X

I knew I should've brought along a PS3 game as well just in case. I'll go back later I guess.

Poor game :-(

I had a hard time finding that game in the wild(I'm casually collecting every nintendo first-party titles) since I assume most retailer don't want to get stuck with it...

My Buddy is desperate for a NES classic, I feel so bad because I was able to get one last week but they wouldn't sell me two. If anyone has any info about stock please let me know.

EB and Best Buy seem to get them in sporadically. You basically have to call/check at the right time.

tiijj

I don't mind usually, except for the pain in the ass that Fire Emblem Fates was locked behind.

When you've got entire games locked up in badly distributed limited editions, you've got a problem.

If you're talking about Revelation, it's time locked not limited edition locked. It's not really that big of a problem for most people unless you're a really big fan and can't wait a few weeks for the dlc.

Bronetta

Ask me about the moon landing or the temperature at which jet fuel burns. You may be surprised at what you learn.
If you're talking about Revelation, it's time locked not limited edition locked. It's not really that big of a problem for most people unless you're a really big fan and can't wait a few weeks for the dlc.

The Special Edition was the only way to get Birthright, Conquest and Revelations all on a game card.

Nintendo special editions are an absolute shitshow and have been for years. The only way I got mine is because some kind soul on here sold me their extra copy at cost.

Too bad that due to their shit policies, its mostly the fans who suffer. Terrible supply chain management. Demand forecasting must be a foreign concept to Nintendo.

tiijj

The Special Edition was the only way to get Birthright, Conquest and Revelations all on a game card.

Nintendo special editions are an absolute shitshow and have been for years. The only way I got mine is because some kind soul on here sold me their extra copy at cost.

Too bad that due to their shit policies, its mostly the fans who suffer. Terrible supply chain management. Demand forecasting must be a foreign concept to Nintendo.

Yep that's true, that's the only way to get birthright, conquest, and revelation in one retail game card. However, you can still get revelation through the eshop like a month after the release of birthright and conquest which was my main point. Revelation is not an exclusive game for the fates se or le which people often imply.

tiijj

The 20% will apply automatically, right? I won't have to re-order at $79 to get it.

You might have to contact them if it doesn't. Their whole system is not that good, they changed something that screws around with the % off. My bomberman preoder went down in price and my prime discount decreased to $1, I had to re-order it to get the cheaper price.

The 20% will apply automatically, right? I won't have to re-order at $79 to get it.

Breath of the Wild SE pre-orders updated with the 20% Prime discount soon after the discount showed up on the product page, so you're probably fine unless you still don't have the discount a week from now.

That said, there's a good chance that when your order does update, it'll be 20% off $79.99, not $73.07.

tiijj

Breath of the Wild SE pre-orders updated with the 20% Prime discount soon after the discount showed up on the product page, so you're probably fine unless you still don't have the discount a week from now.

That said, there's a good chance that when your order does update, it'll be 20% off $79.99, not $73.07.

I think it will be 20% off $73. But if the price goes down, the prime discount will be stuck at 20% off $73.

NEW DEAL

If you wanted an extra pair of Joy-Cons there's a pretty easy way to get $25 off.

If you signup for The Source email you get:
WtwtTYP.png

All you have to do is use the promo code they give you and add something to your cart (try this) to reach $100 and you get $25 off.

reoCHcM.png

Makes that $100 price tag a bit easier to swallow! And before you start searching if they have the Pro Controller; they don't :/.

Bonus Tip

Use a disposable email to avoid spam from The Source.

Nicodemic

Just to share: I won't be ordering anything from Amazon that comes in a cardboard box anymore. Both Shantae and Yakuza's box were crushed when I received them. Got a refund for both but it's getting too annoying to bother with that stuff.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom