• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Canadian Gaming Deals & Discussion 8: Don't Move Here For The Deals

Status
Not open for further replies.

terrible

Banned
I made two preorders at Best Buy for Switch, one for myself and one for a friend, but neither of us want them anymore. I will be cancelling the preorders at 11:45 (7 minutes from now). There is a grey one and a neon one. Let me know if you were able to snag one!

Edit: Grey will be cancelled first, and then neon. Right at 11:45!

Edit: Both are up!

I got the grey, thanks. If I decide to cancel at any point in the future I'll do the same thing you did and give GAF a heads up. I did a buy first think later thing here so that may happen. Since I ordered the SE BOTW earlier I actually sort of need a Switch though I guess lol.

Iced

Snagged the neon! Cheers

Great! Glad someone from here was able to snag at least one.

I got the grey, thanks. If I decide to cancel at any point in the future I'll do the same thing you did and give GAF a heads up. I did a buy first think later thing here so that may happen. Since I ordered the SE BOTW earlier I actually sort of need a Switch though I guess lol.

That's exactly what my friend and I were doing, but we've had some time to think on it and decided it's just too rich for our Canadian blood for now.

ElNino

If anyone here has a PSVR, there are a bunch of games on sale on PSN this week.

ADDENDUM: PS+ only
Quite a few games on sale and almost none of the games I was hoping for, Fruit Ninja or I Think You Will Die in particular. Battlezone looks okay, but it's still $56 so it's not exactly cheap.

leeman

Pre-orders for #Zelda Breath of the Wild Special Edition go live between 11AM PST and 1130AM PST today! @ BestBuy.ca

Edit: beat, lol

Magnus

Zelda SEs have been readily available for preorder at the EBs I've visited the last few weeks. Why's everyone freakin' out.

It's just the Master Sword $200 editions that have been sold out since day 1, afaik.

CRA5H

Zelda SEs have been readily available for preorder at the EBs I've visited the last few weeks. Why's everyone freakin' out.

It's just the Master Sword $200 editions that have been sold out since day 1, afaik.
You must be in a lucky location. The EB's in GTA had only received the SE over the weekend. They received the SKUs Saturday morning.

Not all EBGames! Mine got 10 and it was sold out before noon the day they started pre-orders

Kiro

I want a case, but not that case. Just... isn't worth it to me.

I wish zelda from amazon was guaranteed delivered March 3 for the 20% but it's too risky.

trixx

Im a big Zelda fan but I don't think I can justify SE. I'd probably just use the case.

Skyward sword edition was great

I think for people with existing preorder deals it's close to $90 more, with exception of Amazon deal, for me $100

eyesradar

My EB got 4 BOTW SE preorder day-1 along with 60~ish Console allocations. It's a pretty high volume location with an Nintendo kiosk in the mall too.

The recent physical pre-order re-stock got them 9 more copies of the SE.

zroid

Banned
Im a big Zelda fan but I don't think I can justify SE. I'd probably just use the case.

Skyward sword edition was great

I think for people with existing preorder deals it's close to $90 more, with exception of Amazon deal, for me $100

The Skyward Sword CE might be best CE anyone's ever done. I think it was only like $15 or so extra for that amazing gold wiimote. No wonder it was ridiculously limited.

Generally Nintendo's done a pretty great job with the recent Zelda CEs by keeping them relatively low cost and not stuffing them with a bunch of crap no one needs. They've certainly gone away from that model with BOTW unfortunately.

terrible

Banned
I guess the SE is overpriced but if it's anything like the other limited edition Zelda's it'll probably hold its value long-term at least if you care about that sort of thing.

Probably my favourite special edition Zelda is the WW HD one. That Ganondorf figure is pretty cool and it was $60 for the whole thing. It was easily worth the extra $10 imo.

Gitaroo

I guess the SE is overpriced but if it's anything like the other limited edition Zelda's it'll probably hold its value long-term at least if you care about that sort of thing.

Probably my favourite special edition Zelda is the WW HD one. That Ganondorf figure is pretty cool and it was $60 for the whole thing. It was easily worth the extra $10 imo.

yeah, they should have at least throw in a couple BOTW amiibos for the price they are asking for. But the package is expected to fly off the shelves no matter what they pack in, maybe as well take full advantage of customers....

Lexxism

You think it'd work if I traded it towards a Switch pre-order, got the $150, and then changed the pre-order/cancel it?
I would think so but it seems EB is getting strict on transferring credits. I don't know how strict they are or its pretty much YMMV. Plus, you will need a pre-order to trade your WiiU.

Elitist1945

I would think so but it seems EB is getting strict on transferring credits. I don't know how strict they are or its pretty much YMMV. Plus, you will need a pre-order to trade your WiiU.

I got $200 for it and some games + a controller so everything turned out fine. Thanks though guys :).

antibolo

Banned
Heads-up to anyone that may be interested: I just cancelled my grey Switch pre-order on Best Buy, so it will probably pop up and be available to grab by someone else any time now.

DoT2

PS4 eye hard to find in store? I have seen it online but haven't seen one in a nearby store. Been thinking about purchasing a ps vr.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom